Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

life on the gold coast

life on the gold coast

Old Dec 24th 2005, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice
Default life on the gold coast

life on the gold coast hi i am moving from england to the goldy in july 2006 i was hoping sombody could inform me if i am going to a nice place as i have never been there i love surfing and like meeting nice people i also have 2 young children so any advice would be much appreciated

Last edited by sean trethewey; Dec 24th 2005 at 6:58 am.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: life on the gold coast

Originally Posted by sean trethewey
life on the gold coast hi i am moving from england to the goldy in july 2006 i was hoping sombody could inform me if i am going to a nice place as i have never been there i love surfing and like meeting nice people i also have 2 young children so any advice would be much appreciated
We love the place, ever since we arrived we said that it felt like home. We also have 2 young children and find that the outdoor life style is for them. They seem so much healthier and happier and have definitely grown. You can have the hectic life by the beach or the more relaxed by the hinterland and all only a few kms apart
Old Dec 24th 2005, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice

Originally Posted by karenjc
We love the place, ever since we arrived we said that it felt like home. We also have 2 young children and find that the outdoor life style is for them. They seem so much healthier and happier and have definitely grown. You can have the hectic life by the beach or the more relaxed by the hinterland and all only a few kms apart

thanks for that i needed the reasurance could you also recommend a nice area s we are not sure thinking about robina maybe
Old Dec 24th 2005, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

thanks for that i needed the reasurance could you also recommend a nice area s we are not sure thinking about robina maybe
The thing is what i like you might hate, all i will say is there are to me no really bad areas. We like Robina, Mermaid waters, Benowa, what the hell everywhere. If you come with the right attitude and don't expect it to be the land of milk and honey then you will be alright.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 7:32 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sean! Check out my website www.goldcoastsmile.com - on the suburbs page is a great guide to Gold Coast Suburbs & further down the same page is a photo gallery too. We run a meet & greet and aftercare company on the Gold Coast to help out new migrants. Please let me know if I can be of any help at all!

Claire
x
Old Dec 24th 2005, 2:47 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Hi Sean! Check out my website www.goldcoastsmile.com - on the suburbs page is a great guide to Gold Coast Suburbs & further down the same page is a photo gallery too. We run a meet & greet and aftercare company on the Gold Coast to help out new migrants. Please let me know if I can be of any help at all!

Claire
x
Was about to recommend Gold Coast Smile! Good site by the way.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 24th 2005, 3:23 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stitch
Was about to recommend Gold Coast Smile! Good site by the way.

Cheers

Ginny
Thanx *blush*
Old Dec 26th 2005, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Twin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud of

Sean, if you love Newquay, you will love Surfers.We were there checking it out last month as part of our reccie and were surprised at the similarities.Lovely white squeeky sand which the kids will love! Lynn
Old Dec 26th 2005, 11:07 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Twin Peaks
Sean, if you love Newquay, you will love Surfers.We were there checking it out last month as part of our reccie and were surprised at the similarities.Lovely white squeeky sand which the kids will love! Lynn
Love that avatar! ...
Old Dec 27th 2005, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

sherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nice

Hi
I would also encourage you to look at the kind of lifestyle you want. We wanted to be near Robina and are in Mudgeeraba and we love it here!!

Its in the Gold coast hinterland and theres lots of countryside around us yet we're only 5 mins drive from Robina and 10 mins from the beach. we prefer to be slightly away from the hussle and bussle and Mudgeeraba is just the other side of the M1 to Robina so if you want to see some parks, fields and live in a smaller community this is a good place to look.
There are many other nice communities in the hinterland and its possible to get properties with land here if you want this kinda thing

Best wishes in your search, its took us 3 months to find what we want but now we are very happy here!!!

Sherie
Old Dec 27th 2005, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Twin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sherie_in_oz
Hi
I would also encourage you to look at the kind of lifestyle you want. We wanted to be near Robina and are in Mudgeeraba and we love it here!!

Its in the Gold coast hinterland and theres lots of countryside around us yet we're only 5 mins drive from Robina and 10 mins from the beach. we prefer to be slightly away from the hussle and bussle and Mudgeeraba is just the other side of the M1 to Robina so if you want to see some parks, fields and live in a smaller community this is a good place to look.
There are many other nice communities in the hinterland and its possible to get properties with land here if you want this kinda thing

Best wishes in your search, its took us 3 months to find what we want but now we are very happy here!!!

Sherie
Hi Sherie

We have friends in Mudgeeraba, small world!

Lynn
Old Dec 27th 2005, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Gold Coast is great, full of life...loads to do AND lots of areas to choose from We're in Currumbin Waters...love it here! other areas we like are Elanora and Robina

Sue x
Old Dec 27th 2005, 2:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue2
Gold Coast is great, full of life...loads to do AND lots of areas to choose from We're in Currumbin Waters...love it here! other areas we like are Elanora and Robina

Sue x
We originally thought we would be living around Helensvale, PP, Upper Coomera area in the north but once we got here found we preferred the south. Two weeks after arriving found the house we have bought and are now in (and only been here just over a month) the south. Got a bit of acreage, five minutes drive to fab beach. Suits us. Nice to have a bit of (actually quite a lot of) green about but be very close to the sea.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Nov 17th 2009 at 9:18 am.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
We originally thought we would be living around Helensvale, PP, Upper Coomera area in the north but once we got here found we preferred the south. Two weeks after arriving found the house we have bought and are now in (and only been here just over a month) the south. Got a bit of acreage, five minutes drive to both schools, five mins to fab beach. Suits us. Nice to have a bit of (actually quite a lot of) green about but be very close to the sea.
Thats why we love it here too, its quite green, pretty and only 3 mins to the beach its also not right on top of the really busy parts...if you do want that its just a short journey in the car.

Hope its all going well

Sue x

Last edited by moneypenny20; Nov 17th 2009 at 9:19 am.