Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Life on the Gold Coast

Life on the Gold Coast

Old Jul 18th 2005, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Default Life on the Gold Coast

Hi All,

We were on the Gold Coast at Easter, staying in a lovely little place (to us anyway) called Burleigh Heads.

We are a wondering how many of you guys live in and around that area and how much you like (or dislike as the case may be) living there?

We ask because we are just about on the verge of kicking it all into motion...

Steve & Lynn
Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:04 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life on the Gold Coast

Originally Posted by Stephen Jones
Hi All,

We were on the Gold Coast at Easter, staying in a lovely little place (to us anyway) called Burleigh Heads.

We are a wondering how many of you guys live in and around that area and how much you like (or dislike as the case may be) living there?

Steve & Lynn
We are headed for the GC early next year - to Ashmore initially. Scissors & GSB have just arrived on the GC & are staying with friends. Jim2004 & family are going on a reccie too arriving the 22nd July. There are loadsa people already there..... http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307633

Claire
x
Old Jul 19th 2005, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hi All,

Steve & Lynn
Hi Steve
I live on the GC on Main Beach. I think that Burleigh is one of the nicest areas on the Coast and I am looking to be there eventually In fact I am off to Burleigh this arvo to take my daughter to occupational therapy so I will be enjoying a skinny cappucino in one of the lovely coffee shops

Of course it depends on what kind of job you do and if you have kids etc. Burleigh Cove is a very nice place and that is just behind the Town Centre.
Old Jul 19th 2005, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsy
Hi Steve
I live on the GC on Main Beach. I think that Burleigh is one of the nicest areas on the Coast and I am looking to be there eventually In fact I am off to Burleigh this arvo to take my daughter to occupational therapy so I will be enjoying a skinny cappucino in one of the lovely coffee shops

Of course it depends on what kind of job you do and if you have kids etc. Burleigh Cove is a very nice place and that is just behind the Town Centre.

Hi Debs,

Lucky you! Drinking skinnycinos! We found that they do really nice ones in the bakers shop on James Street. They also do nice angel cakes too!

One of the joys we had (well Lynn enjoyed it anyway) was shopping at Big W and Woolworths - although we did do some other grocery shopping in the James Street area too.

I just found the whole place great and could see myself fitting into that lifestyle. I know we were on holiday and you get a slightly false view of it all but the thought of being able to descend to the beach on week-ends and go bodyboarding etc or just drop down to the beach whenever you feel like it seems ok to me.

I am a computer programmer so may have to commute a bit to find work - which is a little bit of a problem...but it's a nice dream.

We stayed in the Key Largo apartments when we there (Easter) - nice and c lean - and Steve & Lynne (not us) who run the place were extremely friendly and helpful.

Steve
Old Jul 19th 2005, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
We are headed for the GC early next year - to Ashmore initially. Scissors & GSB have just arrived on the GC & are staying with friends. Jim2004 & family are going on a reccie too arriving the 22nd July. There are loadsa people already there..... http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307633

Claire
x
Hi Claire

Thanks for this. I clicked on the link...and found hundreds of people.

If/when we get there we won't be alone eh!

Steve
Old Jul 19th 2005, 6:54 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Claire

Thanks for this. I clicked on the link...and found hundreds of people.

If/when we get there we won't be alone eh!

Steve

and I land for good in the Gold Coast on 8th september. Staying in Runaway Bay with relatives to start with until we get the feel for the area we want to settle in.
Maybe see you there then
Marie
Old Jul 19th 2005, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hi Debs,

Lucky you! Drinking skinnycinos! We found that they do really nice ones in the bakers shop on James Street. They also do nice angel cakes too!

One of the joys we had (well Lynn enjoyed it anyway) was shopping at Big W and Woolworths - although we did do some other grocery shopping in the James Street area too.

I just found the whole place great and could see myself fitting into that lifestyle. I know we were on holiday and you get a slightly false view of it all but the thought of being able to descend to the beach on week-ends and go bodyboarding etc or just drop down to the beach whenever you feel like it seems ok to me.

I am a computer programmer so may have to commute a bit to find work - which is a little bit of a problem...but it's a nice dream.

We stayed in the Key Largo apartments when we there (Easter) - nice and c lean - and Steve & Lynne (not us) who run the place were extremely friendly and helpful.

Steve
Hi Steve
Thats funny when we were buying our management rights Key Largo was one of the first places the agents gave us to look at!!!

Good luck Steve - please PM me if you have any questions.

debs