Life is elsewhere.

Old Jan 31st 2004, 9:56 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Life is elsewhere.

Life is elsewhere...
Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:02 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life is elsewhere.

Originally posted by Florida_03
Life is elsewhere...
According to figures from the Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs, the number of Australians moving overseas on a permanent or long-term basis has grown steadily from 74,000 a year in 1993 to almost 120,000 last year, many of them heading to the commercial hot spots of London, New York, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Frankfurt.
Great more room for us
Old Jan 31st 2004, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

cols is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Life is elsewhere.

Originally posted by Florida_03
Life is elsewhere...
Thanks for that. Absolutely brilliant article. This is spot on. This is how so many aussie expats that I know say they feel. Some that have stayed and some that have returned.
Old Jan 31st 2004, 11:30 pm
Just Joined

Lillipilli is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the article.

Lillipilli
Old Feb 1st 2004, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Very interesting read, and so true!

Ausralia needs to totally rethink its business strategies, and also taxation system before it will stop anymore of the mass exodus.

Of ocurse younger people are gonna bugger off to London, where they are taxed less on a much higher income...anyone with half a brain would be daft not to.
Its when you get to my age and want differnet things from life that i see Aus as a great place...trouble is, if all the bright shining stars leave, who is gonna look after us wrinklies ?
Old Feb 1st 2004, 12:07 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Yes, the "irresistable" lure of the consumer marketeers drums pounding from across the seas, drawing in the world's float-some and jet-some. Even the scent of eucalyptus wafting from down from Eden is not sufficiently evocative to stem the tide.

Still, better get used to the lure of Sodom and Gomorrah. Lot's wife lot:

Geologists Zero In on Sodom and Lot's Wife
Old Feb 1st 2004, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

glhall is an unknown quantity at this point

Aussie is "Walking along the beach with thousands of flies chasing you". Is that the case or a bit of poetic license.
Old Feb 1st 2004, 1:22 am
Just Joined

cols is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by glhall
Aussie is "Walking along the beach with thousands of flies chasing you". Is that the case or a bit of poetic license.
Depends on when and where you are and how much you smell
Old Feb 1st 2004, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

classic
Old Feb 1st 2004, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

glhall is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cols
Depends on when and where you are and how much you smell
I smell like flowers in spring, a cool sea breeze garnished with a tinge of salt on a hot summers day, the delicious aroma of bacon and eggs sizzling in the pan.... Hmmm maybe I better not emmigrate after all..... Still I thought the article sounded a bit one sided.

graham