British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   life down under (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/life-down-under-326984/)

steve`o Sep 20th 2005 1:39 pm

life down under

hi

just finished watching latest episode of life down under
( discovery & living )

its makes me green with envy – can’t wait to get there

what do you think of the series ?

Clippy Sep 20th 2005 1:44 pm

Re: life down under

Originally Posted by steve`o
hi

( discovery & living )

Oh I haven't seen it, I don't think you get discovery living on freeview :(

manxfamily Sep 20th 2005 2:20 pm

hi

( discovery & living )

I suppose it was a repeat, who was featured?

Does anyone know when the rumored new series starts? Im supprised no one from here has been asked to feature. Maybe they could commission a special show just about us lot!!!

bill drinkwater Sep 20th 2005 2:50 pm

hi

( discovery & living )

Wouldnt fancy living next door to the Skeggs lady,nothing about Oz seems to impress her! :confused:

Mrs JFW Sep 20th 2005 2:54 pm

Ohhh I missed it! Is it repeated tomorrow night at 7pm? Anyone watching Men Behaving Badly Down Under tonight? Its on at 10pm on sky travel channel (sorry don't know what number it is).

Did anyone watch first series of My Restaurant Rules? 2nd series has just finished in Oz so should hopefully show it in UK soon.

.....Hello my name is Mrs JFW and I'm addicted to programmes about Oz :D

lawlaw Sep 20th 2005 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Ohhh I missed it! Is it repeated tomorrow night at 7pm? Anyone watching Men Behaving Badly Down Under tonight? Its on at 10pm on sky travel channel (sorry don't know what number it is).

Did anyone watch first series of My Restaurant Rules? 2nd series has just finished in Oz so should hopefully show it in UK soon.

The best programme aus related is surfing the menu, its on uktv food, two aussie chefs travel round aus and do a bit of cooking usually with fantastic backdrops, they were in cairns last time I saw it. oh and added bonus Bender and Curtis (the chefs) are really fit, esp curtis. My hubbie gets really mad when I watch it drooling :D

steve`o Sep 20th 2005 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by lawlaw
The best programme aus related is surfing the menu, its on uktv food, two aussie chefs travel round aus and do a bit of cooking usually with fantastic backdrops, they were in cairns last time I saw it. oh and added bonus Bender and Curtis (the chefs) are really fit, esp curtis. My hubbie gets really mad when I watch it drooling :D

never trust a skinny cooks good as well

lawlaw Sep 20th 2005 3:48 pm

never trust a skinny cooks good as well

A ha yes but his braces dont really do it for me :o

steve`o Sep 20th 2005 3:49 pm

A ha yes but his braces dont really do it for me :o

he must be paticularly insecure as he also wears a belt

lawlaw Sep 20th 2005 3:50 pm

he must be paticularly insecure as he also wears a belt

ha ha yes, hes quite entertaining, bless him!

steve`o Sep 20th 2005 3:53 pm

ha ha yes, hes quite entertaining, bless him!

http://www.dreampool.com.au/showreel...+a+Skinny+Cook

herrchook Sep 20th 2005 4:13 pm

Hi, from what I can see on the Sky Menus, Men Down Under is on tonight on Sky Travel at 9pm and A Place Down Under is on Discovery T&L at 9.30.

We loved My Restaurant Rules - I hope they show the new series here too - the first one is currently being re-run on one of the LivingTV channels.

herrchook

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW

Xgeminix Sep 20th 2005 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by herrchook
Hi, from what I can see on the Sky Menus, Men Down Under is on tonight on Sky Travel at 9pm and A Place Down Under is on Discovery T&L at 9.30.

We loved My Restaurant Rules - I hope they show the new series here too - the first one is currently being re-run on one of the LivingTV channels.

herrchook

The 'A Place Down Under' tonight @ 9:30, which was also shown earlier today, is supposed to be the new series. Sky Guide sypnosis mentions Tony (wasn't he the welsh postie?) and the Singleton family. I'm hoping it's an updated series.

Well there's only one way to find out, my backside will be firmly adhered to the sofa!!!

Jude xx

DebraH Sep 20th 2005 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by herrchook

herrchook

we were addicted to my restaurant rules too - is Room 19 still going strong?

Clippy Sep 20th 2005 4:40 pm

I need to watch these things! Can anyone tell me if they get anything like this on Freeview?