Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Life In Brisbane

Life In Brisbane

Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Elka B has a spectacular aura aboutElka B has a spectacular aura aboutElka B has a spectacular aura about
Default Life In Brisbane

Hi Folks,

I`m moving to Brisbane in Feb 2006. I`m searching the net for pictures of Brisbane and also for any information about the kind of City it is and what life is like there.
I`ve looked at some of the pics on this site and am wondering if any of you know any useful resources (apart from ourbrisbane.com) that are specific to Brisbane.
I`ve never been to Oz so I`m sure it`ll all be quite a culture shock!

I`m interested in things like:
The quality of public transport.
Any places to avoid, bad areas?
Shops, prices of stuff
The good and the bad really. The trouble with a lot of the stuff on the net is that it is biased towards the promotion of the city so they don`t really tell you what it`s really like.

I know this is a very vague question!
It`s hard to imagine what a place will be like withoit ever speaking to someone who actually lives there though.

Cheers
Nick
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Life In Brisbane

Originally Posted by Elka B
Hi Folks,

I`m moving to Brisbane in Feb 2006. I`m searching the net for pictures of Brisbane and also for any information about the kind of City it is and what life is like there.
I`ve looked at some of the pics on this site and am wondering if any of you know any useful resources (apart from ourbrisbane.com) that are specific to Brisbane.

Shops, prices of stuff
The good and the bad really. The trouble with a lot of the stuff on the net is that it is biased towards the promotion of the city so they don`t really tell you what it`s really like.

It`s hard to imagine what a place will be like withoit ever speaking to someone who actually lives there though.

Cheers
Nick
search this forum. Most of your questions have already been asked and answered.

WW
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

www.ourbrisbane.com will answer most of your questions.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:19 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Go to www.bcl.com.au
Click on the pic of Brisbane City Hall and then click Brisbane City Views. Loads of pics on there.
Julie.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Elka B has a spectacular aura aboutElka B has a spectacular aura aboutElka B has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by arnie2oz
Thanks for this link, it has loads of info.

Cheers

Nick
Old Nov 29th 2005, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Elka B
Hi Folks,

Shops, prices of stuff

Cheers
Nick
http://www.aussiemove.com/city/city.asp?c=2