Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Life after the Visa

Life after the Visa

Old May 6th 2003, 3:04 pm
Sydneysider as of May'05

drog1998 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Life after the Visa

I don't see many people discussing citizenship on this site, why is that? and what happens to people that get their residency? is the next step citizenship.

I'm trying not to jump the gun especialy as i'm still waiting on hearing on about my residency visa but just wondered if it was the same amount of grief involved?

Any answers.

Darrell
Old May 6th 2003, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi my best friend is a citizen, you have to wait 2 years before you can apply, you fill out some forms, pay some money and wait, there is a ceremony about 2 a year that you attend to become a formal member of Oz, and then you recieve your passport not long after.

Hope this helps
Old May 6th 2003, 5:56 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Do you have to renounce your british citizenship? Or can u still do duel nationality?

Pete.
Old May 6th 2003, 6:22 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PeteY
Do you have to renounce your british citizenship? Or can u still do duel nationality?

Pete.
Nope you still keep your British passport.......unless you want to renounce it of course