Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Life after sky TV

Life after sky TV

Old Jul 17th 2006, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Ian.C.Williams is just really niceIan.C.Williams is just really niceIan.C.Williams is just really niceIan.C.Williams is just really niceIan.C.Williams is just really niceIan.C.Williams is just really niceIan.C.Williams is just really niceIan.C.Williams is just really nice
Default Life after sky TV

Just Cancelled sky TV after 10 years, is there a similar satelite system in Oz or just terrestrial. tv. Sprogs moaning already
Ian
Old Jul 17th 2006, 7:59 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life after sky TV

There is Foxtel but it is nowhere near as extensive in its channel listings as Sky is. Foxtel iq is the equivalent of Sky+. It has the usual Nickleodean, Disney, Playhouse Disney and Nick Jr + Cartoon Network for the kids.

www.foxtel.com.au should tell you everything you need to know.

A lot of dosh for it too. I don't have the movies and I pay $74 per month plus $15 for iq.. Full package is $99 + $5 for the iq.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Johnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian.C.Williams
Just Cancelled sky TV after 10 years, is there a similar satelite system in Oz or just terrestrial. tv. Sprogs moaning already
tell 'em they'll be too busy making new friends and playing with the wild marsupials to worry about the old goggle-box when they get down here
Old Jul 17th 2006, 8:12 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Ian
We have Austar which I believe runs the same channels at Foxtel.

I wouldn't bother to be honest!
Old Jul 17th 2006, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
We have Austar which I believe runs the same channels at Foxtel.

I wouldn't bother to be honest!
I agree it is pants and they have just put the prices up
Old Jul 17th 2006, 8:23 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Ian
Get them some books mate
Old Jul 17th 2006, 8:27 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by karenjc
I agree it is pants and they have just put the prices up
Yeah I just see this.

We thankfully only went for the year contract, got 9 months left and we'll not bother renewing.

We didn't come to Oz for the telly so no drama's ...
Old Jul 17th 2006, 8:33 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I just see this.

We thankfully only went for the year contract, got 9 months left and we'll not bother renewing.

We didn't come to Oz for the telly so no drama's ...
You should be able to reduce the cost by dropping to the very basic subscription - at least I did this when I moved house in the UK. Didnt want to take Sky with me and found I still also had to pay for the remainder of a 12 month sub.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 8:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by thebears
You should be able to reduce the cost by dropping to the very basic subscription - at least I did this when I moved house in the UK. Didnt want to take Sky with me and found I still also had to pay for the remainder of a 12 month sub.
Yeah we was gonna do this. We've only got the basic plus the music channels and to be honest for the extra $14 or so we're gonna keep them.

You know the irony is we only got Austar because the roof ariel is pants and got satellite so we could get a decent picture on the screen.

Best bit of news we got when the installation guy said 7, 9 and 10 you'll still need your rooftop ariel to get! ... and it was too late to cancel contract! ...

Live and learn!
Old Jul 17th 2006, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of

Yeah we was gonna do this. We've only got the basic plus the music channels and to be honest for the extra $14 or so we're gonna keep them.

You know the irony is we only got Austar because the roof ariel is pants and got satellite so we could get a decent picture on the screen.

Best bit of news we got when the installation guy said 7, 9 and 10 you'll still need your rooftop ariel to get! ... and it was too late to cancel contract! ...

Live and learn!
We've got Austar coming in tomorrow!! you can only watch 4 channels for so long....
Old Jul 17th 2006, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

RogerUK has a spectacular aura aboutRogerUK has a spectacular aura aboutRogerUK has a spectacular aura about

Pay TV is very poor in Oz, as I think it was also in UK. Anyway I think you will find enough to do with the super lifestyle here not to bother with much TV at all.
Roger
Old Jul 17th 2006, 8:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by SBUK
We've got Austar coming in tomorrow!! you can only watch 4 channels for so long....
Oh you may enjoy it, I'm sure many do! ... but for me old re-runs from the UK or US don't quite cut it!
Old Jul 17th 2006, 10:28 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Ian
We hardly watch any TV now we're in Oz. Just a couple of programmes a week, Lost, 24, Prison Break and that's about it.

Prefer to walk on the beach, cycle or run!

It is soooooo nice to not have to hibernate with the central heating on full for months at a time.
:-)

Neil.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

OK so the TV sucks - is the sport coverage really bad too? Do surf comps get any coverage in Oz? I'll be in heaven if I can watch the ASP world tour!
I only really watch the sport and the really good programs like 24.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 11:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jon and alex
OK so the TV sucks - is the sport coverage really bad too? Do surf comps get any coverage in Oz? I'll be in heaven if I can watch the ASP world tour!
I only really watch the sport and the really good programs like 24.
Sport is on all the time, especially rugby from what I see. I don't follow, but the boy does and he's always got something or other on. I HAVE seen suft stuff on the box, but can't say how often it's on to be honest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.