Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

lies...lies...and bullsh*t

Wikiposts

lies...lies...and bullsh*t

Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:29 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: lies...lies...and bullsh*t

I really feel for you hun, we went through it 3 times!

In the end i totally bypassed the estate agent and harrassed the solicitor on a daily basis. We needed 6 weeks, solicitor told us 8. It was done in 7!! Just hang in there and keep a daily log of who told you what, it makes it easier when they try to pass the buck

Oh and good luck
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:34 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by artep
Couldn't agree more .........good luck with yours

Hey Petra,

Just heard at 4.30pm today that the surveyor is coming round at 10.00 am tomorrow!!

So keep your fingers crossed for me that it goes ok and they don't find anything nasty!!!

Cheers

Shell

Last edited by shecha; Feb 1st 2005 at 9:39 am.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 1:04 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shecha
Ours was agreed before Xmas too!!!

Then there was a delay with Xmas/New year and they still haven't got their surveyor round yet. We've been told that their financial advisor made a mistake and that our buyers thought that the survey had already been requested. We've been assured that the survey will be done this week, but no contact yet!!! Funny that eh!!

It's very unlikely that the contracts will go through now by 14th Feb - which was what we insisted on.

House selling is a nightmare. I feel like I'm trapped in my house while the visas are burning holes in our passports!!!!!!!!! ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Just read the bit about your expected contract date, my buyers solicitor was very lax, my solicitor knew him and said he wouldn't type a word himself and would wait for his secretary to sort everything out, we came up to the expected date and no exchange nothing, as we had put the original acceptance of offer letter in and added the date we wanted to exchange and complete by I pulled a fast one on them, while stood in my solicitors office I got her to ring their solicitor up and got her to basically tell him that if his clients did not echange and complete on the agreed date which was in writting the offer accepted was no longer satisfactory and we where going to up the price of the house, it worked that afternoon everything done, completed 3 days later.
It could of backfired but it didn't I knew they loved the house and all it needed was for him to shout at his solicitor.

Jenny
Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:35 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jensteve
Just read the bit about your expected contract date, my buyers solicitor was very lax, my solicitor knew him and said he wouldn't type a word himself and would wait for his secretary to sort everything out, we came up to the expected date and no exchange nothing, as we had put the original acceptance of offer letter in and added the date we wanted to exchange and complete by I pulled a fast one on them, while stood in my solicitors office I got her to ring their solicitor up and got her to basically tell him that if his clients did not echange and complete on the agreed date which was in writting the offer accepted was no longer satisfactory and we where going to up the price of the house, it worked that afternoon everything done, completed 3 days later.
It could of backfired but it didn't I knew they loved the house and all it needed was for him to shout at his solicitor.

Jenny
Hi Jenny,

Thanks for that, I might try that one closer to the exchange date!!!

The survey is being done this morning, so hopefully our buyers mortgage will be approved in the next week.

I'll keep on to the solicitors.

Cheers

Shell
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:02 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Sorry to hear about the crap you are having to face. Aren't you the one holding the cards though. Can you not call their bluff and say you've had enough of their sh#t and that if they don't pull their finger out you call it all off and put it up for sale with someone else. Estate agents ar the same as Recruitment agents and need to realize your doing them a favour not the other way round!
I know it's probably not much help but you deserve a decent service considering the amount you have to pay them!!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:25 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hiya Petra,
OMG, I cant beleive you havent sold your house!
What a nightmare for you........I hope it soon gets sorted!

sue
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:38 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

ooooooo good luck Shell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have everything crossed that I physically can for you!!!!!!!!!! Let us know how it went!!

Hevs - you went through it 3 times??? noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! If that happens to me then I'll be tying a knot in a certain part of my agent so he NEVER forgets!!

Sue - It's been nearly 13 months since my house went on the market....others around me have been sold and the people long moved in!! Admittedly there's not been that many but at least they've sold!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:40 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Sue - It's been nearly 13 months since my house went on the market....others around me have been sold and the people long moved in!! Admittedly there's not been that many but at least they've sold!

im kinda glad we havent got ahouse to sell!!
perhaps this guy from ricochet will buy it from you!

sue

ps, put a clamp on it rather than tie a knot.....its more painful!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:45 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheRossers
Sorry to hear about the crap you are having to face. Aren't you the one holding the cards though. Can you not call their bluff and say you've had enough of their sh#t and that if they don't pull their finger out you call it all off and put it up for sale with someone else. Estate agents ar the same as Recruitment agents and need to realize your doing them a favour not the other way round!
I know it's probably not much help but you deserve a decent service considering the amount you have to pay them!!
Only trouble is, no we don't seem to be holding the cards.. We're waiting for the plank at the bottom of the chain to get his splinters in order!!! Without him there's no chain as he's the FTB. We're totally at the mercy of the weasel estate agents...you can create as much as you like....they're used to dealing with irate buyer/sellers and just feed people bullshit all the time. They're totally not bothered if you leave them and go with another agent. All of them are the same...they're full of false promises etc just to get you on their books...they love to steal vendors from each other....you're like a trophy....but after the thrill of the 'kill' they lose interest.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:48 pm
....is FAB

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
perhaps this guy from ricochet will buy it from you!
Depends if his company want to make their programme this century!!!

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
ps, put a clamp on it rather than tie a knot.....its more painful!
are you talking from experience here??
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:52 pm

are you talking from experience here??

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Oh bloodyhell Petra, what a nightmare for you again. Those estate agents are lying basta*ds, remember the crap I had last year. keeping my fingers crossed that it all goes through quickly now.

Shame they dont adopt the same practice as here. mick and i put an offer in on a house, took about 3-4 weeks, and we had the keys in our hands.

Nearly there Petra, you must be the only one at the 'pompey meets now'

all the best

with love