Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

lies...lies...and bullsh*t

lies...lies...and bullsh*t

Old Feb 1st 2005, 1:32 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default lies...lies...and bullsh*t

I know there's been bucket loads of estate agent threads on here....but I have to get this off my chest...bear with me while I rant..

I am SO mad!

Why is it that estate agents tell you a different story EVERY time you speak to them??????

After not less than 3...yes 3 phone calls to my weasel of an estate agent...he's finally returned my call. I left 3 messages for him to phone me...I get told twice that he's 'on the other line' and then on my 3rd call was told he wasn't even IN the building!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then when he finally phones me he tells me a completely different bag of shite to the last time!!!!!!!!!

I now find that the plank at the bottom of the 5 deep chain hasn't actually been in touch yet (the dork's buggered off abroad)....I was told last time that he'd been contacted. So now I have to wait AGAIN to find out if this whole fiasco can even go ahead. He also tells me that a request has been put in for the survey to be done, but they're waiting to hear from the surveyers office He also tells me my buyers mortgage has been approved...last time he told me that no-one gets their mortgage until they've had the survey done...

I am sooo completely fed up with the whole thing....this last 12 months have been so demoralising...I'm beginning to think that maybe we're really not meant to be emigrating at all...

Sorry.....moan over
Old Feb 1st 2005, 1:41 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: lies...lies...and bullsh*t

Originally Posted by artep
I know there's been bucket loads of estate agent threads on here....but I have to get this off my chest...bear with me while I rant..

I am SO mad!

Why is it that estate agents tell you a different story EVERY time you speak to them??????

After not less than 3...yes 3 phone calls to my weasel of an estate agent...he's finally returned my call. I left 3 messages for him to phone me...I get told twice that he's 'on the other line' and then on my 3rd call was told he wasn't even IN the building!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then when he finally phones me he tells me a completely different bag of shite to the last time!!!!!!!!!

I now find that the plank at the bottom of the 5 deep chain hasn't actually been in touch yet (the dork's buggered off abroad)....I was told last time that he'd been contacted. So now I have to wait AGAIN to find out if this whole fiasco can even go ahead. He also tells me that a request has been put in for the survey to be done, but they're waiting to hear from the surveyers office He also tells me my buyers mortgage has been approved...last time he told me that no-one gets their mortgage until they've had the survey done...

I am sooo completely fed up with the whole thing....this last 12 months have been so demoralising...I'm beginning to think that maybe we're really not meant to be emigrating at all...

Sorry.....moan over
Petra, stick with it, the house selling bit is a total nightmare, we had two fall throughs before we made it, just keep your chin up & battle on.

malcolm.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 1:46 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

I am SO mad!

Sorry.....moan over
Hi Petra,

You are right, Estate Agents are the worst and they lie through their teeth!!!!

Our buyer hasn't sorted out their surveyor coming round yet so we are worrying that it's all gonna fall through.

Stick with it though. Once it does all finally go through and you are in Oz - it will have have been worth the stress - I'm sure of it!!!!!!!!!! Well that's what I keep telling myself anyway - it's the only thing that keeps me going!!!

I'll try to send you some karma to help you be calmer!!!

Shell
x
Old Feb 1st 2005, 1:47 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

I know I'm going to have a few choice words to say to this bloody agent soon..

I feel like I'm running up a sand dune... I'll stick with it tho....it just feels like I'm on a never ending treadmill and the flab's going nowhere..

Thanks for your encouragement...
Old Feb 1st 2005, 1:48 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Sorry petra - it won't let me give you any yet - I've got to spread it around first!!!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 1:48 pm
....is FAB

Originally Posted by shecha
Hi Petra,

Our buyer hasn't sorted out their surveyor coming round yet so we are worrying that it's all gonna fall through.
Thanks Shell...how long ago did you accept their offer?? Ours was agreed just before xmas!!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 1:52 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

Thanks Shell...how long ago did you accept their offer?? Ours was agreed just before xmas!!
Ours was agreed before Xmas too!!!

Then there was a delay with Xmas/New year and they still haven't got their surveyor round yet. We've been told that their financial advisor made a mistake and that our buyers thought that the survey had already been requested. We've been assured that the survey will be done this week, but no contact yet!!! Funny that eh!!

It's very unlikely that the contracts will go through now by 14th Feb - which was what we insisted on.

House selling is a nightmare. I feel like I'm trapped in my house while the visas are burning holes in our passports!!!!!!!!! ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 1:55 pm
....is FAB

Originally Posted by shecha
House selling is a nightmare. I feel like I'm trapped in my house while the visas are burning holes in our passports!!!!!!!!! ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Couldn't agree more .........good luck with yours
Old Feb 1st 2005, 1:55 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

What's meant to be is meant to be so I wonder why you are being persistently delayed ?

Maybe you are due to win the UK lottery - make sure you have a ticket !

Sending some lion vibes Petra, stick with it
Old Feb 1st 2005, 2:00 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bix
What's meant to be is meant to be so I wonder why you are being persistently delayed ?

Maybe you are due to win the UK lottery - make sure you have a ticket !

Sending some lion vibes Petra, stick with it
We are in a similar situatuon to a lot of you guys. Does anyone know roughly how long it takes from surveys/searches to be done and then exchanging contracts, etc?

our buyer has already started forwarding his mail to our house (which is a good sign!). He is also trying to push his solicitor, yet I fear it might be our solicitor that is holding proceedings up! Gonna have to keep a watchful eye over him!

Rob
Old Feb 1st 2005, 2:08 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

Originally Posted by samnrob2
We are in a similar situatuon to a lot of you guys. Does anyone know roughly how long it takes from surveys/searches to be done and then exchanging contracts, etc?

our buyer has already started forwarding his mail to our house (which is a good sign!). He is also trying to push his solicitor, yet I fear it might be our solicitor that is holding proceedings up! Gonna have to keep a watchful eye over him!

Rob
Hi Rob,

Our solicitor has stated that once the survey is done - the mortgage for the buyer will be approved within 10 days. Within that time the buyers solicitor should have done all the searches etc so there should not be any reason for a delay after that.

So the contracts can be signed.

Once the contracts are exchanged - the buyer can only pull out if they pay you 10% of the asking price - so highly inlikely that they will pull out then.
Once our contracts are (finally) exchanged - we are off to Brisbane!

It sounds like your buyers are very committed due to them re-directing their post - so should be ok reckon.

Good luck!!!

Shell
Old Feb 1st 2005, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Petra
Well it seems as if you and I are going for the record. Our house has been on the market since last August and 2 chains broken down. Our last buyer is definately out now "due to personal circumstances" bs*** We were due to sign contracts 2 weeks ago. Anyway we did expect this and put it back on last Friday. We had a viewing last Saturday and the agent has just called to say they love the house but of course havent sold theirs!!!
Nightmare really. We need to validate by May 10th so I have just booked up a holiday to oz for March 16th-7 April. Lets hope something comes up! You never know they may sell their house this week and we might sell ours? Anyway will keep you posted. Not to put a dampner on things our survey was done on our house 2nd week in December so it doesnt necessary mean that things flow into place. IMHO I think you are only safe once a contract has been signed.
Keeping fingers crossed that we all have a better year. Lets hope by Xmas 2005 we will all be in oz and it will all seem a distant memory!!
Irene
Old Feb 1st 2005, 3:04 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Petra and all the others, positive vibes heading your way. We havn't put ours on the market yet but already dreading it

Does anyone know whether it's worth us getting the search done and/or a surveyand then let prospective buyers( ) have a copy? Is it likely to help matters or put question marks in peoples heads?
Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Not sure if it would help having a survey done and all it will add is extra expense to you. They would still have to get their own done anyway.
My advice would be to get it on sooner than later so you can get the price you want and you wont feel held to ransom.
Irene
Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:41 pm
....is FAB

Thanks for all your positive vibes everyone

Bix - It makes you wonder why the long delay... Maybe you're right....I'm destined to win the lottery and I can just grab myself a 1st class ticket and walk away from it!! Then again I reckon there's just someone up there p*ssing on me from a great height have a damn good laff

How long's a piece of string Rob?? Unfortunately you can never tell just how long these things are gonna take....something ALWAYS comes up and bites you on the bum and delays it
Originally Posted by samnrob2

Irene - Yep we're def going for a place in the guinness book of records!!!

Moneypen - It MIGHT be worth getting a survey done on your house if you can spare the cash and you're putting it on the market very soon. Assuming nothing nasty is discovered on the survey, you'd then have a clean bill of health to 'dangle' in front of prospective buyers.....just a thought.

Petra

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.