Lies All Lies!

Old Jun 16th 2004, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

FOREST FANS is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Lies All Lies!

Hi everyone,

We're just in the process of getting shipping costs - had a quote from Anglo Pacific at £2.5k and on being asked by the guy there who else I was getting quotes from, told him PSS and Whites - he tells me that PSS are not FAIM accredited or members of BAR so if they go bust, we will lose ALL our money - checked their literature, and low and behold, yes they are members of both and states quite categorically that your payment is protected -

Anyone else come across Anglo Pacific's misinforming estimators who can't accept competition or know of any reputable companies?

Old Jun 16th 2004, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

I think Pollyanna had a troublesome time with them, she ended up referring to them as "***** ********". Maybe do a search and read her posts before making a decision?
Old Jun 16th 2004, 1:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

From my own personal experience (well-documented on here earlier in the year ) - I wouldn't touch ***** ******** with the proverbial barge pole.
They gave me wrong info, wrong ship, wrong Oz agent, refused to answer queries as to where my stuff was, etc etc.

Don't go near them:scared:

(fellow Forest fan by the way!!! )
Old Jun 16th 2004, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

I do recommend PSS though.

Whisky
Old Jun 16th 2004, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Pollyana
From my own personal experience (well-documented on here earlier in the year ) - I wouldn't touch ***** ******** with the proverbial barge pole.
They gave me wrong info, wrong ship, wrong Oz agent, refused to answer queries as to where my stuff was, etc etc.

Thanks for that Pollyanna - glad I asked the question or could have been living to regret it this time next year! Something told me never to trust the guy who has to slag off the competition.

PS Good to know Forest Fans are alive and well down under - cheers.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by whisky
I do recommend PSS though.

Whisky
Cheers Whisky, nearly cancelled them - will let them come and quote me happy.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 1:58 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Never knew you were a fellow red Pollyanna.

Didnt think you were originally from Nottingham?
What made you follow them?

cheers

TT

Originally posted by Pollyana

Old Jun 16th 2004, 2:44 pm
Waitin for my RPL result.

phyonics is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

if any of you are interested I'd be really grateful for some info about your shipping experiences/costs.

Have a look for my post 'Your Shipping Costs' on this and the migration forum. If you're willing to give me some info I'll add it into the resource I'm developing.

Thanks for your time

Marko
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by TrickyTree
Never knew you were a fellow red Pollyanna.

Didnt think you were originally from Nottingham?
What made you follow them?

cheers

TT
No, not from Nottingham but lived up in the Midlands in the early seventies when Forest were in their heyday - used to play soccer with the boy down the road - he was West Brom and I was Forest! Have stuck with them ever since, even though I don't actively follow the sport much now
Old Jun 16th 2004, 11:34 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just had PSS come and quote us happy!!

We were very pleased with the way that dealt with us. Courtesy call prior to visit to confirm...very polite and very thorough.

We have a 4 bed semi two kids et al...

£3000 for a 20ft container which they reckoned we could get it all into.

That would save us £1500!! as the next size up is a 40ft one that costs £4500!

All in!! Door to door!!!Takes about 6-8 weeks...
Plus we could have 4 weeks free storage this side before we go if we needed it.

I think we may be going with them!
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:43 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

We used them and were very good in UK, but this end was a bit poor.
Few things were broken and it took 4 months to get the cash back. One chair still in dispute though