Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A Levels recognised in Aus

A Levels recognised in Aus

Old Dec 14th 2005, 12:35 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Default A Levels recognised in Aus

Hi everyone, can anyone please tell me, if A Levels are recognised in Aus? We flying out 2 days after my Daughters finsh, cutting it fine but shes concerned they wont mean anything out there.......any thoughts?
Cheers Dawn x
Old Dec 14th 2005, 12:38 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Levels recognised in Aus

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi everyone, can anyone please tell me, if A Levels are recognised in Aus? We flying out 2 days after my Daughters finsh, cutting it fine but shes concerned they wont mean anything out there.......any thoughts?
Cheers Dawn x
For Uni - yes
As for straight to work force cant answer
Old Dec 14th 2005, 1:26 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Dawn x
yes they are for universities.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

In a uni prospectus I received (but can't remember which one), there was a table at the back which covered all the higher exams from different countries and how they were counted.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 10:01 pm
ピーター及びクレア

PWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant future

You might find it useful to ask the school/college for a 'transcript' of the courses.

You would want it to include all the different elements of each course, hours studied for each area/contact hours and any practical elements or coursework.

This gives a clearer picture to people here of the actual content of courses studied so they can see how it is relevant.

If possible it could be useful to get a break down of results but if this isn't possible the grade will be fine.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 11:13 pm
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Dawn x

alevs will be the same as the oz year 12 (age 18, year 13 in uk) qualification depending on grades. the best thing is to contact the nearest uni to where you'll be living and ask for info on how your daughters alevs equate to a year oz 12 qual. in brief:
*year 12 quals give OP score from 1 to 25, the lower i.e. 1 the better
*OP also has an equiv ranking points e.g. OP1 = 100 points, OP18 = 60 points
*your alevs will be given ranking points - for OP1 or 100 ranking points you can get onto any degree as this is tops e.g. medicine/vet
*find out from your uni what your alev grades are equiv to then you'll know what level of courses you'll be eligibile for...phew.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 11:23 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

i think the OP system is only in queensland,

NSW have the HSC, and victoria the VCE. not sure what the others do.

Originally Posted by clivemay
alevs will be the same as the oz year 12 (age 18, year 13 in uk) qualification depending on grades. the best thing is to contact the nearest uni to where you'll be living and ask for info on how your daughters alevs equate to a year oz 12 qual. in brief:
*year 12 quals give OP score from 1 to 25, the lower i.e. 1 the better
*OP also has an equiv ranking points e.g. OP1 = 100 points, OP18 = 60 points
*your alevs will be given ranking points - for OP1 or 100 ranking points you can get onto any degree as this is tops e.g. medicine/vet
*find out from your uni what your alev grades are equiv to then you'll know what level of courses you'll be eligibile for...phew.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 3:43 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Hi everyone, that has been a big help, thanks so much all of you for taking the time to reply, my Daughter want to get into public relations, she will have A Level Maths, English and Media, hopefully these qualifications will help her out then, thanks again
Dawn x