Lettuce Alert

Old Apr 25th 2004, 10:56 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Lettuce Alert

$1.50 each an Iceberg down at the new Coles Bondi Junction. Jayr when are you moving down?
Old Apr 26th 2004, 12:09 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Lettuce Alert

Originally posted by bondipom
$1.50 each an Iceberg down at the new Coles Bondi Junction. Jayr when are you moving down?
I saw the TV advert for them at near that price up here in Coles aswell !!!

Cost of living is going down again

Old Apr 26th 2004, 5:29 am

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I saw the TV advert for them at near that price up here in Coles aswell !!!

Cost of living is going down again
Bring out the Hellmans.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 6:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

And beans are $1.48 a kilo in Kingaroy........can tell what sort of weekend I had, can't you!:scared:
Old Apr 26th 2004, 6:53 am

Originally posted by Pollyana
And beans are $1.48 a kilo in Kingaroy........can tell what sort of weekend I had, can't you!:scared:
Was there plenty of Beetroot to go with it?:scared:
Old Apr 26th 2004, 8:22 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, a whole tin - opened in my honour!!!!
Old Apr 26th 2004, 9:01 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

lettuce $1.79 in nz, big buggers though .. really crispy and fresh and you strip off the scraggy outside bits and chuck in a bin provided before you buy
Old Apr 26th 2004, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

You guys are soooooo lucky - sun,sea,surf and cheap lettuce !!

I hear crime is bad though so keep them lettuces safe
Old Apr 26th 2004, 10:16 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by sjn2003
You guys are soooooo lucky - sun,sea,surf and cheap lettuce !!

I hear crime is bad though so keep them lettuces safe
In my area there are quite a few roadside fruit and vegetable sellers with honesty boxes outside.

You get a bag of Tomatoes, and put your $2 coin in the box.

Mind you I don't see lettuces sold that way. I wonder why

Old Apr 26th 2004, 12:20 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

ok, gonna commit the oldest crime in the book here and convert that to english money!! But that makes lettuces about 60p!!! Thats still cheaper than here.....I paid 75p for an iceburg just this morning! and its about the size of a grapefruit.......

hey, bondipom.......i get a feeling of deja vue here....didnt we have this conversation once before??

someone shoot me.......

sue
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:26 pm
Home and Happy

someone shoot me.......
Exactly how I felt when MIL kept telling me the price of beans! I wanted to be interested, I TRIED to be interested, but I failed miserably
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana

Windy : :scared:
Old Apr 26th 2004, 3:50 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

I was not impressed yesterday,, I had to buy a bag of prepared Iceberg at a stupid price as they didn't have any whole ones. I supposed I could have left it there and come home empty handed but it was for Andrew and he'd only sulk else.

Sarah
Old Apr 28th 2004, 1:06 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Ahh the old lettuce debate again, right :

Iceburg lettuce 54p each at Asda in the UK - I have just checked the price with their online shop http://www.asda.co.uk/
when I was back home last month I got them much cheaper than 50p too..

woolworths lettuce $2.98 (sometimes$2.75) ... asda - is only $1.31 (54p) .. the price of lettuce here in Brisbane in woolworths and Coles is double the price of Asda's online shop..lol

a few more for you, I had a nose at Asda online for you:
potatoes 79p asda = $190 kilo - woolworths here is - $2.78 kilo (sometimes $2,89)

sliced white Bread in Woolworths ( tip top) $2.95 ..... Asda average price is 47p =$1.14.. bread is over double the amount here!

used this for converting http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html

should scan my shopping bill one day, veggies are cheaper in the UK( and other food ) .. And I'm comparing like for like , one major supermarket in Aus against another in the UK

cheers
Old Apr 28th 2004, 1:25 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Bring out the Hellmans.
Hellmans is like gold dust over where we are. You hardly see it in any shops bar the local Dewsons.

Again, the space on the shelf for the Hellmans is usually empty, and when stock arrives it disappears within hours.

You've just got to get lucky.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.