Letton Percival

Old Aug 16th 2006, 11:33 pm
D&W
Forum Regular

D&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the rough
Default Letton Percival

It seems that a lot of BE have used/ are using Letton Percival to insure their shipping. As they have offered a really good rate (1,03%) for our container shipped from NZ to Oz we certainly thinking of taking their offer. But what we don’t know how good they are with handling any claims, especially when you are on the other side of world. Does anybody have some experience with them?

Many thanks, Diana

Last edited by D&W; Aug 17th 2006 at 12:51 am.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 12:28 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Letton Percival

Originally Posted by D&W
It seems that a lot of BE have used/ are using Letton Percival to insure their shipping. As they have offered a really good rate (1,03%) for our container shipped from NZ to Oz we certainly thinking of taking their offer. But what we don’t know who good they are with handling any claims, especially when you are on the other side of world. Does anybody have some experience with them?

Many thanks, Diana
They were very quick, just provided receipts and no questions asked.

Jane
Old Aug 17th 2006, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by D&W
It seems that a lot of BE have used/ are using Letton Percival to insure their shipping. As they have offered a really good rate (1,03%) for our container shipped from NZ to Oz we certainly thinking of taking their offer. But what we don’t know how good they are with handling any claims, especially when you are on the other side of world. Does anybody have some experience with them?

Many thanks, Diana
Also keen to hear claims experiences. Thats what counts afterall.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 8:36 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

we also used them and they were very cheap and very professional. Do a search on BE though as that's how we learnt of them after someone made a claim and it was handled very well and quickly.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by D&W

Many thanks, Diana

Hi

We were unfortunate in that we had to claim as we had a lot of damages and breakages. We were insured through Letton Percival and they requested information regarding the value of the goods and also asked for estimates for repair. for the damaged items. We didnt end up getting anything repaired as we were that disheartened with the situation that we just couldnt face trying to get estimates and just claimed for a couple of items for replacement. That said, they were good and paid for those items very quickly and I am sure that if we had bothered to get the estimates this would also have been paid. I would recommend using them (unlike the shipping company .. but that is another story).

Julia
Old Aug 17th 2006, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JAYMAC
Hi

We were unfortunate in that we had to claim as we had a lot of damages and breakages. We were insured through Letton Percival and they requested information regarding the value of the goods and also asked for estimates for repair. for the damaged items. We didnt end up getting anything repaired as we were that disheartened with the situation that we just couldnt face trying to get estimates and just claimed for a couple of items for replacement. That said, they were good and paid for those items very quickly and I am sure that if we had bothered to get the estimates this would also have been paid. I would recommend using them (unlike the shipping company .. but that is another story).

Julia
please do reveal the shipping company. we are about to choose one...
Old Aug 17th 2006, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

I called letton pervicale today too, re, insuring effects from scotland to melbourne, very reasonable indeed, compared to the shipping companies, it seems a bit too good to be true or maybe iam looking to far into it, but i'll definately be going with them.

sj
Old Aug 19th 2006, 7:56 am
D&W
Forum Regular

D&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for your feedback. We have decided to go with them.

They also offered, just in case we need to make a claim, to transfer the payment to an account in Australia. Good on them...
Old Aug 20th 2006, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rpa34
please do reveal the shipping company. we are about to choose one...
Hi,

We shipped with John Masons, and were unlucky, many people book them and dont have a problem, and we went with them because they had good reputation. There have been many threads on BExpats about removal companies, so might be a good idea to do a search through some of the old threads.

Julia
Old Aug 20th 2006, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
They were very quick, just provided receipts and no questions asked.

Jane
I can't believe it - I've just shredded all of my old receipts
Old Aug 20th 2006, 11:44 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ohippy
I can't believe it - I've just shredded all of my old receipts
Don't worry, I meant receipts for repairs or replacement goods.

Jane