Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Let's talk whitetails...

Wikiposts

Let's talk whitetails...

Old Feb 19th 2006, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

RogerUK has a spectacular aura aboutRogerUK has a spectacular aura aboutRogerUK has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Let's talk whitetails...

We have loads of rebacks in the garden, which is over 1 acre so they are ok. Seen one whitetail in the house, just put him outside. As long as you use common sense and leave them be they will just run away. Huntsmen are very timid unless cornered, I have half a dozen or so in the shed next to the hen house, magnificent creatures.
Roger
Old Feb 19th 2006, 3:58 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RogerUK
We have loads of rebacks in the garden, which is over 1 acre so they are ok. Seen one whitetail in the house, just put him outside. As long as you use common sense and leave them be they will just run away. Huntsmen are very timid unless cornered, I have half a dozen or so in the shed next to the hen house, magnificent creatures.
Roger
Er...I was in bed when I was bitten....so don't just leave them alone..get rid of them if they are in your house !
Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:09 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Er...I was in bed when I was bitten..!

Tell Carl to calm down.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 6:39 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Oh FFS!

I'm still trying to get ma head around huntsmen.......now this??!!! :scared:

D D
From what I've read, huntsmen are fairly innocuous unless cornered, aren't they? Have I missed something? Thought they only got nasty if threatened...

Seems to me that whitetails bite for a past-time. I always thought if you left a spider alone it wouldn't bother you. Maybe that's not the case with whitetails and redbacks....

My dh saw a spider on Garden Island the other day that was as big as his hand. Said he'd never seen one so big before. I'm just glad I wasn't with him... :scared:
Old Feb 19th 2006, 6:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bordy
Tell Carl to calm down.
Ha...hope he doesn't give me blisters !!!
Old Feb 19th 2006, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

canaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant future

Er...I was in bed when I was bitten....so don't just leave them alone..get rid of them if they are in your house !
Do you know why they bite? If your alseep it cant be because they feel threatened. Do they see us as food? sorry just asking....!
Old Feb 19th 2006, 8:06 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canaveral
Do you know why they bite? If your alseep it cant be because they feel threatened. Do they see us as food? sorry just asking....!
If you saw her you'd understand
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser
If you saw her you'd understand

You cheeky sod !!!!!

or are you saying you want to bite my leg

Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:08 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

You cheeky sod !

or are you saying you want to bite my leg
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:10 pm
Account Closed

It's a bit tough....

round the ankle

You had any more redbacks ?
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:13 pm

It's a bit tough....

round the ankle

You had any more redbacks ?
None that we've seen apart from a dead one the other week.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:16 pm
Account Closed

None that we've seen apart from a dead one the other week.
A dead one ? I think it is cruel to let Henry onto them.

Is he enjoying Kindy ?

Sorry...back to Whitetails.....
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:21 pm

A dead one ? I think it is cruel to let Henry onto them.

Is he enjoying Kindy ?

Sorry...back to Whitetails.....
Yeah he loves it, but when we got there tonight there was a letter and a big box of 20 boxes of chocolates which we're supposed to sell to friends and family.

Rachel told them we don't know anyone so we couldn't possibly take them, she didn't look happy.

They obviously expect you to pay for whatever you don't sell.

What mekes me laugh is they say no nuts are allowed in the kindy as one of the kids has an allergy and could die, yet there were snickers bars in all the boxes.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

Yeah he loves it, but when we got there tonight there was a letter and a big box of 20 boxes of chocolates which we're supposed to sell to friends and family.

Rachel told them we don't know anyone so we couldn't possibly take them, she didn't look happy.

They obviously expect you to pay for whatever you don't sell.

What mekes me laugh is they say no nuts are allowed in the kindy as one of the kids has an allergy and could die, yet there were snickers bars in all the boxes.
Sorry...we don't want any..

Glad he's enjoying it though Has it helped him calm down ?
Old Feb 19th 2006, 10:16 pm
Amelie

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Oh FFS!

I'm still trying to get ma head around huntsmen.......now this??!!! :scared:

D D
I feel just the same

But I found this and because I don't know how to add an email address as yet, i hope this works! If anyone wants to tell me I'm all ears.

http://www.mja.com.au/public/issues/...b10785_fm.html

If it dosen't I'm sorry, but it's a medical research report about the incidents and subsequent effects of the white tail spider bite. I saw my first huntsman the other morning and it was about 4 inches across with skinny legs, but those legs really could move.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.