Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lets have some NZ summer photos

Lets have some NZ summer photos

Old Jan 20th 2004, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lets have some NZ summer photos

To cheer us up.....not!

I've just got soaked walking to a course I'm attending nr Finsbury Tower in London this morning, and I'd love to see some piccies from members of what NZ summer has been like to cheer me up

PS. You Ozzie lot can post some aswell if you want for others on there way to Oz.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 7:34 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

http://images.google.com.au/images?h...zealand+summer

try there. Many people dont know that google and other search engines have an image search as well as a web search. 2 word searches yield the best results

have fun

731pm, 29minutes til vino time
Old Jan 20th 2004, 9:27 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lets have some NZ summer photos

Originally posted by GetMeOutOfHere
To cheer us up.....not!

I've just got soaked walking to a course I'm attending nr Finsbury Tower in London this morning, and I'd love to see some piccies from members of what NZ summer has been like to cheer me up

PS. You Ozzie lot can post some aswell if you want for others on there way to Oz.

Sunset on Mount COOK ! hmmmmmm
Attached Thumbnails Lets have some NZ summer photos-sunsetonmountcook.jpg  
Old Jan 20th 2004, 9:52 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Wow - gorgeous piccie!!

Just at the right time too as I am beginning to get stressed about the whole move.

Meant to be going in four weeks but....

no visa yet so can't book flights, shippers, pet shippers etc etc etc.

Trying to redecorate the house for tenants with a bouncy puppy getting in the way ( who incidentally has gashed her paw and so has been to the vet twice in three days £100) while sorting out my business and trying to not worry that we are going out with next to no money.

Hubby's back tooth cracked yesterday - needs crowning - another £1000 ish disappearing.

Not sleeping, therefore not waking up til late - half the bloody day is gone by the time I get out of bed.

Arggggh!

Sorry - it all had to come out at some point and that piccie was the catalyst.

More nice piccies please to remind me that it is all worthwhile and that we will be fine in the end!
Old Jan 20th 2004, 11:28 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollster
Wow - gorgeous piccie!!

Just at the right time too as I am beginning to get stressed about the whole move.

Meant to be going in four weeks but....

no visa yet so can't book flights, shippers, pet shippers etc etc etc.

Trying to redecorate the house for tenants with a bouncy puppy getting in the way ( who incidentally has gashed her paw and so has been to the vet twice in three days £100) while sorting out my business and trying to not worry that we are going out with next to no money.

Hubby's back tooth cracked yesterday - needs crowning - another £1000 ish disappearing.

Not sleeping, therefore not waking up til late - half the bloody day is gone by the time I get out of bed.

Arggggh!

Sorry - it all had to come out at some point and that piccie was the catalyst.

More nice piccies please to remind me that it is all worthwhile and that we will be fine in the end!

Pollster,
Where are all those calming positive thoughts that you send to everyone else, dont say you've run out?
I'm sending you an emergency supply by express delivery, hope they reach you soon

Michaela
Old Jan 20th 2004, 11:35 am
Kiwified member

Thanks Michaela - I shall be waiting by the door for them!

I was OK until yesterday when I had to look in my diary for something to do with work and flipped a few pages and realised just how little time there is left.

If we could just hear from a case officer to tell us that our application is Ok and they will turn it round quickly ( which is very possible) I would be ok cos then I can start booking stuff.

It is just that horrible helpless limbo feeling that has come over me and as I am a bit of a control freak I HATE not being organised and everything sorted.

Not sleeping isn't helping either - and if I do drop off I have bad dreams about the dog getting killed en route.

I am finding it difficult to do anything too as I am stressing about the visa and getting a bit depressed about it all, with the result I am spending far too much time on BE!!

Everything will be fine, I am sure but just feeling a bit shitty at the mo.

Deep breaths, a tot of voddy and onward!
Old Jan 20th 2004, 11:45 am
Account Closed

Thanks Michaela - I shall be waiting by the door for them!

I was OK until yesterday when I had to look in my diary for something to do with work and flipped a few pages and realised just how little time there is left.

If we could just hear from a case officer to tell us that our application is Ok and they will turn it round quickly ( which is very possible) I would be ok cos then I can start booking stuff.

It is just that horrible helpless limbo feeling that has come over me and as I am a bit of a control freak I HATE not being organised and everything sorted.

Not sleeping isn't helping either - and if I do drop off I have bad dreams about the dog getting killed en route.

I am finding it difficult to do anything too as I am stressing about the visa and getting a bit depressed about it all, with the result I am spending far too much time on BE!!

Everything will be fine, I am sure but just feeling a bit shitty at the mo.

Deep breaths, a tot of voddy and onward!

It must be tough, we are going in 4 weeks too and its bad enough knowing everythings booked etc The time is flying by too, I realised this morning that I finish work next week and stupid as it sounds this hadnt crossed my mind! When your to do lists are overwhelming its an easy copout to log on here and forget about it all, I've been doing that too.
Anyway, have a moan, have a big lump of chocolate, a ciggie, a vod or whatever does it for you.
Good luck,
Michaela
Old Jan 20th 2004, 11:47 am
Kiwified member

All four!!

Thanks Michaela, your support is muchly appreciated.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 11:50 am
Account Closed

All four!!

Thanks Michaela, your support is muchly appreciated.

lol, thats my list of comforts too, us Villa widows have to stick together!
Michaela
Old Jan 20th 2004, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

nell m is an unknown quantity at this point

hi pollster, Sorry you're in such a state! Try to concentrate on what it'll be like once you're there, do anything you are in control of like finishing the decorating, then just keep reminding yourself that you've done everything you can, whenever you start to feel panicky. I'll try to post some Taranaki pics for you, but never done it before so here goes:
Attached Thumbnails Lets have some NZ summer photos-mttaranakidusk.jpg  
Old Jan 20th 2004, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

& Here:
Attached Thumbnails Lets have some NZ summer photos-goblinforest.jpg  
Old Jan 20th 2004, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Egmont lighthouse:
Attached Thumbnails Lets have some NZ summer photos-lighthousemount.jpg  
Old Jan 20th 2004, 3:56 pm
Kiwified member

Nell - thanks so much - I was just imagining myself walking along that path with my woofer!

Great piccies - can't wait to get there!!
Old Jan 20th 2004, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

you're welcome pollster, you'll have to post some of your own ina few weeks!
Old Jan 20th 2004, 5:11 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

me after a few beers on a gender bender night out great pic
Attached Thumbnails Lets have some NZ summer photos-maori.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.