Let's have (another) Top Tips Thread

Wikiposts

Let's have (another) Top Tips Thread

Old Jan 20th 2005, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

jinxnkay is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's have (another) Top Tips Thread

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Start calling flip-flops thongs, and thongs g-strings. ie: middle of UK shoe-shop "Mr Smith, let me try on that thong you've got in your hands"

Don't be shy about having your umbrella up on a hot sunny day

Get used to brands like Heinz & Cadburys, tasting different by adding salt/sugar/grass to them now.

At your local deli, ask for a half kilo of sangers. Walk past the 100 types of cheese on display and only buy block or grated cheese.

At 6pm shut all your curtains and put your lights on. Go to bed at 8pm, make sure you have poured water all over your sheets (as this is how you'll wake up in the morning). Then turn a fan on over you, this way you can also wake up with a bad neck. Get up at 5am, cut the lawn, do the washing, go for a powerwalk, clean the house. Then sit in the bath (to emulate the pool) for the rest of the day.

Leave your curtains shut all day, so the furniture doesn't fade.

Go through Amber lights at traffic lights, it might cause an accident in the UK, but in OZ they have a much longer time on them.

Roll in some nettles - just like a day at the beach (jellyfish) or in the bush (ants)
LOL
Old Jan 20th 2005, 3:03 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Tassie (or Sainsburys........ )
No thanx, thats way too far to travel, I'll stick to the places I know around Brisbane where I can get it .

Please look under S Aussie Slang we can both be right with this one

I have actually, quite a few types now, but I'm sure you know the point I was making
Michelle, thats a new one to me, if you asked me for sangers I would give you sandwiches! Bangers & snags I knew, but not sangers.

And perhaps you could direct Polly to the places for cheese, she doesnt seem to have found any yet
Old Jan 20th 2005, 3:15 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Please look under S Aussie Slang
Fascinating...

She'll be apples - all is well (rhyming slang).

Rhyming with what, I wonder? Apples to me is stairs ("apples and pears") so is this "apples and pear" = "square"? Seems a bit far-fetched to me.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 3:34 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MarkMyWords
Fascinating...

She'll be apples - all is well (rhyming slang).

Rhyming with what, I wonder? Apples to me is stairs ("apples and pears") so is this "apples and pear" = "square"? Seems a bit far-fetched to me.
Not sure where rhyming slang originated but there is some commonality to cockney rhyming slang. Apple and pears is a classic example. Anyway I am off to the garry glitter.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 3:41 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by bondipom
Anyway I am off to the garry glitter.
Now there's an image I could have gone my whole life without having
Old Jan 20th 2005, 3:42 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
Anyway I am off to the garry glitter.
Would that be for a Barry White?
Old Jan 20th 2005, 3:44 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scossie
Thankfully not the Chris Rheas.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 3:46 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scossie
And that one LOL .
Old Jan 20th 2005, 3:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy

And perhaps you could direct Polly to the places for cheese, she doesnt seem to have found any yet
Found plenty thanks, not the same as Middle Farm homemade stuff, but I'm now resigned to the fact I am stuck here for life so I have made up my mind to enjoy whatever I eat here Good for the waistline as I eat far less here than back in the UK Sorry, just having a lousy day and wish I could go home.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 3:57 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

just having a lousy day and wish I could go home.

Nah, just go straight to the pub!
Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:00 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Found plenty thanks, not the same as Middle Farm homemade stuff, but I'm now resigned to the fact I am stuck here for life so I have made up my mind to enjoy whatever I eat here Good for the waistline as I eat far less here than back in the UK Sorry, just having a lousy day and wish I could go home.

Well you know what Quink would say - make your own...
Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:07 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, just go straight to the pub!
Pubs closer I guess, take me 15 minutes. Home would take 24 hours.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Let's have (another) Top Tips Thread

X-Files fans. Create the effect of being abducted by aliens by drinking two bottles of vodka. You'll invariably wake up in a strange place the following morning, having had your memory mysteriously 'erased'.

Minor skin grafts can be performed on pigs by covering any cuts and grazes with thin strips of bacon.

Save money on expensive personalised car number plates by simply changing your name to match your existing plate. eg Mr. KVL 741Y,

Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.

Avoid jet lag by simply taking an earlier flight, thus arriving fully refreshed and on time.

Pass yourself off as Welsh by putting coal dust behind your fingernails and talking gibberish all the time, stopping occasionally to sing loudly, or set fire to someone else's house.

Putting just the right amount of gin in your goldfish bowl makes the fishes' eyes bulge and cause them to swim in an amusing manner.

Save time when crossing a one-way street by only looking in the direction of oncoming traffic.

I thankyou
Old Jan 20th 2005, 7:49 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Pubs closer I guess, take me 15 minutes. Home would take 24 hours.
And I always thought the public transport on the northside was as good as everywhere else in Brisbane?

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Jan 20th 2005, 7:53 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by DagBoy
And I always thought the public transport on the northside was as good as everywhere else in Brisbane?

Cheers,

DagBoy
oh very good! Off to the pub now, expect drunken posts later.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.