Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Let's all be proud! Australia are in the World Cup Finals!

Let's all be proud! Australia are in the World Cup Finals!

Old Nov 17th 2005, 9:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's all be proud! Australia are in the World Cup Finals!

Originally Posted by fraser
Sorry you're wrong, can't be bothered to look it all up as don't need to.

Did you know that West Ham play off final tickets went for more on the black market than FA cup and Champions league final tickets.

And of course we didn't come in the overall top 50 all our assets were stripped to pay of debts.
OK, I give up, the academic study was wrong, the 4th biggest football club in London is one of the biggest football clubs in the world.

OzTennis
Old Nov 17th 2005, 9:17 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
OK, I give up, the academic study was wrong, the 4th biggest football club in London is one of the biggest football clubs in the world.

OzTennis
Nope sorry the biggest fan base, and fourth biggest in London my arse
Old Nov 17th 2005, 9:20 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

It must be true cause I remember Alf Garnett saying it too.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 9:23 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Alf Garnett is a s**rs fan
Old Nov 17th 2005, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Alf Garnett, that's who he reminded me of.

I'll retire gracefully from this fraser, I wish I'd never risen to your ignorant comments and made a quip about your beloved 'ammers. No more correspondence will be entered into.

OzTennis
Old Nov 17th 2005, 9:28 am

Alf Garnett, that's who he reminded me of.

I'll retire gracefully from this fraser, I wish I'd never risen to your ignorant comments and made a quip about your beloved 'ammers. No more correspondence will be entered into.

OzTennis
Only playing mate
Old Nov 17th 2005, 9:32 am
In The Sunshiiiiinnnnnne

Comer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant future

Looks like I found this thread too late
Old Nov 17th 2005, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Comer
Welcome
Old Nov 17th 2005, 9:53 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Comer
shut the door on the way oot then
Old Nov 17th 2005, 10:14 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Let's all be proud! Australia are in the World Cup Finals!

But the Aussie papers are saying it is the biggest thing to happen in Australian sport since the Olympics and Cathy Freeman's gold medal in 2000.
Well, that's Aussie papers for you.

A bit of rugby and Aussie Rules (and cricket and swimming and tennis and) has happened since then.

OzTennis
You don't say?
Old Nov 17th 2005, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Ozceltic is a jewel in the roughOzceltic is a jewel in the roughOzceltic is a jewel in the roughOzceltic is a jewel in the rough

It will be good to see Australia in the World cup. Maybe some of the ignorant VB drinking hoons will see what an eloquent game it is and leave AFL and NRL in droves.

Go you good thing.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ozceltic
It will be good to see Australia in the World cup. Maybe some of the ignorant VB drinking hoons will see what an eloquent game it is and leave AFL and NRL in droves.

Go you good thing.
Yes, there were over 50 arrests during and after the beautiful, eloquent game between the green and blue divide of Glasgow last week. The songs being sung by both sides could not be masked out on the TV either. It is nothing to do with the game a hoon or a ned watches; a hoon is a hoon and a ned is a ned.

OzTennis
Old Nov 17th 2005, 10:32 am
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

WELL DONE AUSTRALIA!!!!
The only goal in the game and the build up to it (Viduka and Kewell )was mentioned by one commentator as being that they used to play together at LEEDS!!!
At least we got a mention(ha ha lol)How we have fallen!!!
Well done Australia!!!
All the Best
Dazza
Old Nov 17th 2005, 10:35 am
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

I was Scottish then though.
Brilliant!!
Old Nov 17th 2005, 11:03 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I have to laugh at the sudden uprising against AFL.
I wonder how many Aussie go to live in the UK & say "Sooner the fans stop supporting this football & discover AFL the better"

Maybe the soccer fans feel threatened by AFL, maybe they are not used to seeing supporters of opposite teams sitting together enjoying the game without abusing each other who knows.
The way I see it is Soccer is a Summer game here & AFL a winter game so both codes can co exist. I doubt very much if AFL fans will be leaving in droves to watch soccer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.