Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

lets all be positive

lets all be positive

Old Jan 5th 2004, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

markaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool lets all be positive

been here for 5 years now, think I have said that sorry, I dont think work is any harder than it was in the uk, as some have said still have to pay the bills, the first year was the hardest,dont make new friends very easily, but thats just because I'm what my wife would say is a miserable bastard think thats a bit harsh my self. Took about a year to get the business up and running(painting & decorating ) and I must say I have had no problems with being a pom here as some seem to have, I have found as long as you can do the job thats all they are interested in,mind you there were a few jokes during the rugby but thats only what I have found. As far as getting the work people over here seem a lot happier to give you a chance more so than the uk when I was there.

Do I miss the uk! well I dont miss the UK but I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters and our kids grew up with there kids so it was hard leaving them, and yes I do miss them, but with advances in vido cams, you can keep in contact, as well as txt on the mobile.

We are now Austalian citizens, had to go up on stage and make the pledge Austalia day year or so ago, which was a bit scary but thats just because I am a miserable bastard

Try not to let the negative comments get to you, took us 3 years to get here so dont give up, give it a go and like us I am sure you will find it the best decision you made, dont get me wrong you still have to work,unlees you have huge wads of ukcash and I have at times worked 7 days aweek, and its been tiring, but then again I did the same in the uk and was potless its what your prepared to make of it.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of there dreams. Dont get sunsets like that in South London
Attached Thumbnails lets all be positive-sunset.jpg  
Old Jan 5th 2004, 5:06 am
WBB

good post, nice picture (even if a little big)

Old Jan 5th 2004, 5:07 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad I have broadband with the size of that picture. I saw some fantastic sunsets in Woking in October.

Here is to good posts, not just negative or positive ones.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 5:09 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: lets all be positive

Originally posted by markaren
been here for 5 years now, think I have said that sorry, I dont think work is any harder than it was in the uk, as some have said still have to pay the bills, the first year was the hardest,dont make new friends very easily, but thats just because I'm what my wife would say is a miserable bastard think thats a bit harsh my self. Took about a year to get the business up and running(painting & decorating ) and I must say I have had no problems with being a pom here as some seem to have, I have found as long as you can do the job thats all they are interested in,mind you there were a few jokes during the rugby but thats only what I have found. As far as getting the work people over here seem a lot happier to give you a chance more so than the uk when I was there.

Do I miss the uk! well I dont miss the UK but I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters and our kids grew up with there kids so it was hard leaving them, and yes I do miss them, but with advances in vido cams, you can keep in contact, as well as txt on the mobile.

We are now Austalian citizens, had to go up on stage and make the pledge Austalia day year or so ago, which was a bit scary but thats just because I am a miserable bastard

Try not to let the negative comments get to you, took us 3 years to get here so dont give up, give it a go and like us I am sure you will find it the best decision you made, dont get me wrong you still have to work,unlees you have huge wads of ukcash and I have at times worked 7 days aweek, and its been tiring, but then again I did the same in the uk and was potless its what your prepared to make of it.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of there dreams. Dont get sunsets like that in South London

Hmmm, I wonder which of dotty's clubs you belong to?

Lovely pic!

(& by quoting your post I can read the text again in case I missed anything while I was scrolling LOL) .
Old Jan 5th 2004, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by welshboybilly
good post, nice picture (even if a little big)

Sorry about the size of the picture keep forgeting not everyone has broadband did not relise it was so big anyway
Old Jan 5th 2004, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by bondipom
Glad I have broadband with the size of that picture. I saw some fantastic sunsets in Woking in October.

Here is to good posts, not just negative or positive ones.

Bet it was bloody cold though 28 degrees when I took that pic
Old Jan 5th 2004, 5:31 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Bet it was bloody cold though 28 degrees when I took that pic
It was about 13 so relatively cold. I heard the summer had been very hot.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by bondipom
It was about 13 so relatively cold. I heard the summer had been very hot.

yes was over there september just missed the hot weather well hot for the uk anyway
Old Jan 5th 2004, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MrsDagboy

Flattered as I am why do you have to bring me into each and every post. My husbands getting worried you have a crush on me, sorry but I only like boys
Old Jan 5th 2004, 10:02 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dotty
Originally posted by MrsDagboy

Flattered as I am why do you have to bring me into each and every post. My husbands getting worried you have a crush on me, sorry but I only like boys
Old Jan 5th 2004, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Really glad to read your positive posting.
We are also heading for perth, and snap, my partner is not only a painter and decorator, but a miserable bastard as well. You must be related.

Take last night, I said to him that to emigrate you really must have a strong relationship, as you are gonna really need each other. He replied `Oh here she goes again with the soppy and slushy stuff, she must have been reading a book.
Me , feeling really piss.d off with him, blew like an exploding bomb. Result- one big row, and not talking.
Sulky bastard
Old Jan 5th 2004, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by sj oldfield
Really glad to read your positive posting.
We are also heading for perth, and snap, my partner is not only a painter and decorator, but a miserable bastard as well. You must be related.

Take last night, I said to him that to emigrate you really must have a strong relationship, as you are gonna really need each other. He replied `Oh here she goes again with the soppy and slushy stuff, she must have been reading a book.
Me , feeling really piss.d off with him, blew like an exploding bomb. Result- one big row, and not talking.
Sulky bastard
Another miserable bastard great we must get together when are you coming over then? its hard to start with I not going to lie but if you can get through that first few months I'm sure you already have people in perth but if you need any info please do contact me happy to help being fellow miserably bastards:)
Old Jan 5th 2004, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Another miserable bastard great we must get together when are you coming over then? its hard to start with I not going to lie but if you can get through that first few months I'm sure you already have people in perth but if you need any info please do contact me happy to help being fellow miserably bastards:)

Will be over as soon as we get the visa. Am really hoping to be there by Sep 2004 at the latest. Not sure how realistic I am being.
Have friends/family in Mindarie, Kinross, Kingsley and Currambine so if `Mr Happy`, gets on my nerves, I have plenty of places to go!!

He thinks I make things up about Immigration. A friend of his went on a `nurse`visa, so obviously the whole proccess was much quicker, he doesnt undestand the system and says its me. Bloody idiot. Thats what you get for living with a tuppence hapenny painter and decorator!!
Old Jan 5th 2004, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by sj oldfield
Will be over as soon as we get the visa. Am really hoping to be there by Sep 2004 at the latest. Not sure how realistic I am being.
Have friends/family in Mindarie, Kinross, Kingsley and Currambine so if `Mr Happy`, gets on my nerves, I have plenty of places to go!!

He thinks I make things up about Immigration. A friend of his went on a `nurse`visa, so obviously the whole proccess was much quicker, he doesnt undestand the system and says its me. Bloody idiot. Thats what you get for living with a tuppence hapenny painter and decorator!!

Oh well you will have no problem over here then, must be quite away through the application process to be here for september
good luck
Old Jan 5th 2004, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default nice post

What a positive post, thanks for sharing your thoughts and your picture
best regards for your future
rach, mark and chanelle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.