Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Let the waiting begin.......Spouse Visa

Let the waiting begin.......Spouse Visa

Old Aug 24th 2005, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Let the waiting begin.......Spouse Visa

Hi All,

We finally finished our Spouse visa application and posted it to DIMIA London this morning! So I guess now the wait is on, to see what we missed or if all is ok and we can move to Brissy! Fingers crossed v. tightly it is the latter!!!!

Thanks all for your posts - many of our questions were answered right here on BE!

Cheers!

Bert & Stella
Old Aug 24th 2005, 1:28 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let the waiting begin.......Spouse Visa

Originally Posted by Bert'n'Stella
Hi All,

We finally finished our Spouse visa application and posted it to DIMIA London this morning! So I guess now the wait is on, to see what we missed or if all is ok and we can move to Brissy! Fingers crossed v. tightly it is the latter!!!!

Thanks all for your posts - many of our questions were answered right here on BE!

Cheers!

Bert & Stella
Weight off the mind for now eh ?
Hope it's successful
Old Aug 24th 2005, 1:36 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Cheers!

Bert & Stella
Fingers crossed for you. Mine took 7 weeks, but that included having to get AFP checks part way through that held things up for 4 to 5 weeks. So hopefully you wont be kept waiting too long.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Load off our minds but then you swap working on the app to worrying about the app and waiting to hear from DIMIA! Off to Scotland tomorrow for long weekend, so might keep us otherwise focused for a bit!

If we could get ours back quickly it would be fantastic! But have set our minds to a long wait, rather than be v. disappointed otherwise.

Stella
Old Aug 24th 2005, 5:01 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Load off our minds but then you swap working on the app to worrying about the app and waiting to hear from DIMIA! Off to Scotland tomorrow for long weekend, so might keep us otherwise focused for a bit!

If we could get ours back quickly it would be fantastic! But have set our minds to a long wait, rather than be v. disappointed otherwise.

Stella
I've just been reading your check list, I sent way less than that, and they only had trouble with lack of AFP checks, so dont worry too much.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Good Luck to you..i must admit i hear more positive things..than negative about the spouse visa process to australia...i truly hope this is the case...*S*
are you the aussie..?.....
Old Aug 24th 2005, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
Good Luck to you..i must admit i hear more positive things..than negative about the spouse visa process to australia...i truly hope this is the case...*S*
are you the aussie..?.....
Stella is the Aussie, Bert is the Scot applying for the visa
Old Aug 24th 2005, 6:16 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Getting all your documentation together will probably have taken longer than the visa to come. Usually they are fairly quick for these type of visa.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Hi All,

Cheers!

Bert & Stella
Hi Bert & Stella

GOOD LUCK, let us know when you get it. Were also applying for the spouse visa and hoping to go to Brisbane too. Were still getting the app together, steve (husband) has his meds on sept 1, we have all our dec and are waiting for the police checks.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Buttercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to all

You won't be waiting long !!! As long as you've submitted all the paper work i.e police checks , meds etc. I reckon 2 weeks max..... Positive vibes to you both. I just got my spouse visa !!!

Where in Brissy are you going to?
Butter x
Old Aug 24th 2005, 7:02 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!
jan & gaz xx
Old Aug 24th 2005, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Oohh it won't be long. I front loaded mine and it took 7 days (not working days, just 7 days!) back in March. Not long now!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you all for your positive vibes - did wonder what that tingling feeling was

Not sure about Sunshine Coast, MacKay, or Gold Coast, or just Brissy! Depends on Jobs. Applied for one in Brissy and more info on one in MacKay - Facilities Management arena!

Good luck getting your applications in! Hope the quick turnaround will be just that!

Bert and Stella
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

sg1964 has a spectacular aura aboutsg1964 has a spectacular aura aboutsg1964 has a spectacular aura about

Thank you all for your positive vibes - did wonder what that tingling feeling was

Not sure about Sunshine Coast, MacKay, or Gold Coast, or just Brissy! Depends on Jobs. Applied for one in Brissy and more info on one in MacKay - Facilities Management arena!

Good luck getting your applications in! Hope the quick turnaround will be just that!

Bert and Stella
Hi,

Best of luck with the application, hope it all goes well for you.

I was reading the posts because I am in the same position, hope to go to Melbourne next year, I am Australian, my wife is British, so am going to apply for a spouse visa. My question is where can I get the "checklist" to enable me to get all the correct information for my application.

Thanks for your help,

Simon
Old Aug 25th 2005, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Good Question Simon! They haven't done one yet for spouse, supposedly November before it appears on the immi site.

If you search this forum under checklists a few should come up - that's what we did!

Good luck :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.