Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

let us in we have money£££££

let us in we have money£££££

Old May 10th 2009, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

hannash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default let us in we have money£££££

i dont want to sound daft but would migrants with spare cash to deposit in oz banks not be a help to the liquidity of australia as a whole .i mean if lots of migrants wanted to come to the uk ,that would be a help to the economy and to work the moment they arrive and put tidy sums of money into the state youd think any govt would be a bit more accommodating
Old May 10th 2009, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: let us in we have money£££££

They do want people who have made money and will invest in Australia. But you need also to have the skills and background to generate employment. Do a search on the DIAC site for investor visas if you think you might qualify.
Old May 10th 2009, 10:35 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by hannash
i dont want to sound daft but would migrants with spare cash to deposit in oz banks not be a help to the liquidity of australia as a whole .i mean if lots of migrants wanted to come to the uk ,that would be a help to the economy and to work the moment they arrive and put tidy sums of money into the state youd think any govt would be a bit more accommodating
If people have a job to come to, they are generally able to come here. That is why more skilled visas are being issued this year than last year.

The problem is that with unemployment increasing, there are not as many jobs available for new arrivals, so the country cannot take too many newcomers.

The last thing that the government wants is loads of new arrivals getting here and then complaining that there is no work for them.

Old May 11th 2009, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

hannash is an unknown quantity at this point

im a bricklayer and was recently taken of the csl ,i no being self employed all my life i will hunt all of brisbane to get a job building somewhere ,ill also have proof of a decent 5 figure amount to deposit in oz banks .when i think of the time i went to my agent and told her previous experience in building trade and proof of every qualification (something nearly all brickies dont have) she almost rubbed her hands .35 years old 2 chillder text book applicant ,your what australia wants
Old May 11th 2009, 6:12 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

In all honesty I don't think a 5 figure amount would cut if anyway.

Even when they did you could put bond money in Oz for a whole year the amount was $100,000. And for that all you got was a couple of extra points.

Your idea of what consistutes a lot of money is probably vastly different to what the government thinks. I'm not saying 5 figures isn't a decent amount of money because it is, but in all reality right now that 5 figures would be spent getting everyone here, settled in and while job hunting if it takes a while.
Old May 11th 2009, 6:13 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hannash
i mean if lots of migrants wanted to come to the uk ,that would be a help to the economy and to work the moment they arrive and put tidy sums of money into the state youd think any govt would be a bit more accommodating
In this economy I'm not sure how many would be able to work "the moment they arrive". Just something to keep in mind, especially for those in the building trade.