Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Let there be light......

Wikiposts

Let there be light......

Old Jan 27th 2004, 2:38 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Oh Bundy, I know its easily said but don't let her get to you! Many good words said already that I can only back up - she probably does feel threatened cos you are good at your job, and cos you are popular. You are such a fab person on here, your posts are either hilarious, or packed with good info and stuff. I really wish you were coming up here - I'd love to meet you.
Thanks Pollyana, feeling much better now. When we arrive in Oz we'll be heading up your way at some stage, so there's always a chance of meeting. ANd when we get settled in Nundle, I'm considering a huge BE party for everyone, because everyone should experience Nundle at some point in their lives...
Old Jan 27th 2004, 5:34 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Let there be light......

Originally posted by Pollster
And there was - in my kitchen anyway - and the lighting circuit is now properly protected with 5 amp fuse wire not the 30 amp I put in 'just to be sure'!

So - another disaster rectified for the reasonable sum of £30.

AND the chappies in NZ who gave Mr Pollster a job have found a us a house to live in when we get there and are paying the rent for three weeks - fully furnished etc etc and only 500 yards from the beach and 10 minutes from town.

AND I have just realised I am on my last week of writing corporate bollocks for corporate wankers

AND the dog's paw is beginning to heal

AND Mr Pollster went down the shops for some bread and came back with a bottle of voddy!

Pollster's positivity levels are rising by the second! Bring it on!!
OK - may have been a bit hasty with this post as.....

The new light fitting in my kitchen has blown two bulbs already today and - oops there goes another one

The dog has pulled three of the stitches holding her paw together out and it is now bleeding profusely

A very nice wooden blind I bought at great expense today for the front door, which took me about an hour to fit as it was an absolute bugger but looked very nice once up has had to come down again due to the narrowness of the hallway and the wideness of the wijets at the top that make it goes up and down.

I now have a whocking great hole in my hall wall which will need filling and repainting - and guess what - I threw my half carton of ployfilla out as we weren't taking with us so now I have to buy a new one. And I will have to go and buy a tester size of the paint we used as the 1/4 of a can I had left went to the council tip this morning.

Another blind I bought today will not fit the window it was destined for because it has a massive great winding thing on the side of it that is not included in the width measurement on the box

And I can't have a drink because a)I am riding tonight and me pissed on top of a ton of excitable horse is not a good idea and b) more to the point, there is no coke in the house to mix with voddy

And the bank is refusing to repay an overdraft fee that they shouldn't have charged in the first place ( because I wasn't overdrawn).

But hey - I am not to be beaten - come on world - do your worst!!

Old Jan 27th 2004, 5:46 am
WBB

Default Re: Let there be light......

OK - may have been a bit hasty with this post as.....

The new light fitting in my kitchen has blown two bulbs already today and - oops there goes another one

The dog has pulled three of the stitches holding her paw together out and it is now bleeding profusely

A very nice wooden blind I bought at great expense today for the front door, which took me about an hour to fit as it was an absolute bugger but looked very nice once up has had to come down again due to the narrowness of the hallway and the wideness of the wijets at the top that make it goes up and down.

I now have a whocking great hole in my hall wall which will need filling and repainting - and guess what - I threw my half carton of ployfilla out as we weren't taking with us so now I have to buy a new one. And I will have to go and buy a tester size of the paint we used as the 1/4 of a can I had left went to the council tip this morning.

Another blind I bought today will not fit the window it was destined for because it has a massive great winding thing on the side of it that is not included in the width measurement on the box

And I can't have a drink because a)I am riding tonight and me pissed on top of a ton of excitable horse is not a good idea and b) more to the point, there is no coke in the house to mix with voddy

And the bank is refusing to repay an overdraft fee that they shouldn't have charged in the first place ( because I wasn't overdrawn).

But hey - I am not to be beaten - come on world - do your worst!!

have a vodka, things always seem better with a drunken swerve on.

Old Jan 27th 2004, 5:58 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by podgypossum
Bundy....

please dont tell me off for seeing this as a positive..

Do you know why she does this?..i think i do ..

You scare her. You are better than her at your job, you are happier than her in your private life. This is very scarey for someone who is very insecure.
The positive thing to think about, is if you can scare your boss that much, you are one red hot chick!! .... f*** her!!! ...you will be long gone while she is still taking out her insecurities on another poor soul.
This is exactly what I was going to write on seeing this thread, but good old PP has saved me the time!

Bundy, they are all quite right:, your boss sounds deeply insecure, personally jealous, & in need of a a good dose of HRT or something. Just tee hee over the fact that, while you are whooping it up in Nundle NSW, serving all those yummy soups to even yummier hunky Aussie men , your ex boss will be fuming in Cambridge traffic lines, trying to buy decent shoes in the inadequate John Lewis, braving the Lion Yard car park (30 quid for a day's parking - YIKES) & breathing in all those lovely E Anglian agricultural chemicals....

Startin' to feel sorry for her yet, gal?

Anya.

PS: really annoying that the new, much bigger & better John Lewis will be 'after our time...'
Old Jan 27th 2004, 7:19 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pollster,

Oh, was about to say glad its back but have just come to the second instalment Loved the letter, I often compose these in my head but never actually write or send them.

Bundy,

You poor thing, it must be really tough facing that every day, I recomend the counting off days until you leave, I finish on thursday, its flown by.

Sending some extra strong positive thoughts to you both.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 8:49 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pollster,
I'm guessing your day just got worse still.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 1:24 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by anya4oz
This is exactly what I was going to write on seeing this thread, but good old PP has saved me the time!

Bundy, they are all quite right:, your boss sounds deeply insecure, personally jealous, & in need of a a good dose of HRT or something. Just tee hee over the fact that, while you are whooping it up in Nundle NSW, serving all those yummy soups to even yummier hunky Aussie men , your ex boss will be fuming in Cambridge traffic lines, trying to buy decent shoes in the inadequate John Lewis, braving the Lion Yard car park (30 quid for a day's parking - YIKES) & breathing in all those lovely E Anglian agricultural chemicals....

Startin' to feel sorry for her yet, gal?

Anya.

PS: really annoying that the new, much bigger & better John Lewis will be 'after our time...'

LOL!!!

Took me 45 minutes to drivefrom Mill Road to Newnham College today. Would have been quicker to walk backwards on my hands.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 1:26 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

And more interesting for other road users!
Old Jan 28th 2004, 1:39 am
She's a bird, you know

And more interesting for other road users!

Might have numbed my fingers though...
Old Jan 28th 2004, 2:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I was just looking through this thread and was appalled at what you are putting up with bundy. I know you will be leaving soon but I was wondering why you hadn't used Employment Legislation to seek damages from your employer? Quote (from a Human Resources book near to hand!):

"One current major concern that employers and employees have is how stress is affecting the workplace. The number of workers claiming damages from their employer for having too much stress placed upon them, resulting in health problems, is increasing, and so is the amount being paid out to individual workers".

If you have evidence from work colleagues to back you up there is no reason to put up with the bullying tactics of a boss. I say this as a general comment more than anything - you just don't put up with it, there are laws in place. Even the threat of recourse to the law can work wonders.

As the others said it won't matter when you are in Nundle but you shouldn't have had to put up with it for these years. The solution is not the 'all-purpose palliative' or a skinfull for the lady but to look after your own rights.

OzTennis