Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Let me tell you about our day Yesterday !!!!

Let me tell you about our day Yesterday !!!!

Old Sep 30th 2005, 8:12 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Let me tell you about our day Yesterday !!!!

Hi all,
Well What a day !!! We went to the Expo at Oz house, we organised for some friends to have our 2 children after school so that we could make a bit of a day of it
Went on the train from Northampton then the tube all was really easy, Had a coffee then Russ went into the Expo, I waited at a nearby coffee shop, all was fine and was looking forward to having a wander around Covent Garden. Russ came out of Expo and didn't really get any info on jobs and the like but spoke to a really intersting Guy on the Queensland desk, who gave us all the info we could possibly need plus his phone number at the embassy.
So off we went to Covent Garden.... Waiting for the tube at Temple I told Russ I felt a little strange..... light headed !! he said 'Don't Bloody faint or anything down here ' To which I said No of course not .... Got on train ended up in Covent Garden felt a little better thought it had just passed, was looking forward to looking through all our new info and having a nice lunch... Went to Cafe Rouge ordered a glass of wine and a nice lunch...... Well thats when it happened I thought I was having a heart attack :scared: I was absolutely terrified I started to cry and told Russ to look after the kids , He i turn asked the staff to call an ambulance!!!! A paremedic arrived by bike and saw the state I was in ... I thought my number was up!! My heart was beating soooo hard and fast I felt the whole cafe could feel and hear it too :scared:
Then an ambulance arrived and asked if I could stand which I couldn't very well as my whole body had turned to jelly..... So my Russ and the medic carried me to the ambulance and sat me down and talked to me and got me to calm down It was an Anxiety attack ... I have never had anything like this in my life !!! We spent an hour in the ambulance with them monitering me and just getting me to breathe.... I felt like a complete fool but was still very shaky I just wanted to get home but we were still in central London I had to pull myself together.... Which I obviously did and we went home but stlill feel a nervous feeling...... All inall No lunch although Russ scoffed his just in time and a huge headache ....has anyone else experienced this Do you think its all the build up for Oz. Its silly but I feel frightened that it will happen again but am telling myself it wont its like catch 22, the more you tell yourself not to be an idiot it worries you all the more...... IF we do get our visas we were planning a day up to London to get our passports stamped with the kids.... I really need to pull myself together.... I would hate to happen around them !!!!!! Thank God they were not with us eh !!
Jane x
Old Sep 30th 2005, 8:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let me tell you about our day Yesterday !!!!

Well, that's it, you just can't go to Aus now Seriously, it must have been a nightmare, good job you weren't on your own.

I would visit your doctor and see if they can suggest anything for emergencies whilst the visa journey continues. Nothing major but they might have some ideas for staying calm (ish!)

One thing - you can't get the passport stamped in person in London - you need to post them and it's a sticker not a stamp
Old Sep 30th 2005, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
Hi all,
Well What a day !!! We went to the Expo at Oz house, we organised for some friends to have our 2 children after school so that we could make a bit of a day of it
Went on the train from Northampton then the tube all was really easy, Had a coffee then Russ went into the Expo, I waited at a nearby coffee shop, all was fine and was looking forward to having a wander around Covent Garden. Russ came out of Expo and didn't really get any info on jobs and the like but spoke to a really intersting Guy on the Queensland desk, who gave us all the info we could possibly need plus his phone number at the embassy.
So off we went to Covent Garden.... Waiting for the tube at Temple I told Russ I felt a little strange..... light headed !! he said 'Don't Bloody faint or anything down here ' To which I said No of course not .... Got on train ended up in Covent Garden felt a little better thought it had just passed, was looking forward to looking through all our new info and having a nice lunch... Went to Cafe Rouge ordered a glass of wine and a nice lunch...... Well thats when it happened I thought I was having a heart attack :scared: I was absolutely terrified I started to cry and told Russ to look after the kids , He i turn asked the staff to call an ambulance!!!! A paremedic arrived by bike and saw the state I was in ... I thought my number was up!! My heart was beating soooo hard and fast I felt the whole cafe could feel and hear it too :scared:
Then an ambulance arrived and asked if I could stand which I couldn't very well as my whole body had turned to jelly..... So my Russ and the medic carried me to the ambulance and sat me down and talked to me and got me to calm down It was an Anxiety attack ... I have never had anything like this in my life !!! We spent an hour in the ambulance with them monitering me and just getting me to breathe.... I felt like a complete fool but was still very shaky I just wanted to get home but we were still in central London I had to pull myself together.... Which I obviously did and we went home but stlill feel a nervous feeling...... All inall No lunch although Russ scoffed his just in time and a huge headache ....has anyone else experienced this Do you think its all the build up for Oz. Its silly but I feel frightened that it will happen again but am telling myself it wont its like catch 22, the more you tell yourself not to be an idiot it worries you all the more...... IF we do get our visas we were planning a day up to London to get our passports stamped with the kids.... I really need to pull myself together.... I would hate to happen around them !!!!!! Thank God they were not with us eh !!
Jane x
Hi Jane

You poor thing, That sounds awful. I used to get something similar when I got athsma because I used to panic.

It sounds stress related. I think this emigration malarky stresses you more than you think.

I'm sure it was a one off, but at least if it happens again you will recognise what is going on and be able to deal with it a bit better.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 8:25 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Well, that's it, you just can't go to Aus now Seriously, it must have been a nightmare, good job you weren't on your own.

I would visit your doctor and see if they can suggest anything for emergencies whilst the visa journey continues. Nothing major but they might have some ideas for staying calm (ish!)

One thing - you can't get the passport stamped in person in London - you need to post them and it's a sticker not a stamp
Hi Penny,
Yes think I will take up all this yoga and relaxation therapy now Got to do something usally I am a very well in control of myself kinda girl but all that went out the window yesterday..... Have you seen the post on the meet in Nov .... Hope you can make it
Jane x
Old Sep 30th 2005, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
Jane x
It probably is a combination of the immigration process and being in London, i had never had anything like that til we got here, and it happened to me, i could not even go into town, i went to docs and got something to help me, i was on tablets for 5 months just to get me through a very stressful time, i am now off them and feeling much better, as i keep saying on here it is a very brave but stressful thing we do. Denise, take care
Old Sep 30th 2005, 8:42 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Penny,
Yes think I will take up all this yoga and relaxation therapy now Got to do something usally I am a very well in control of myself kinda girl but all that went out the window yesterday..... Have you seen the post on the meet in Nov .... Hope you can make it
Jane x
Hi Jane
Glad you are ok now it must have been awful!
I'm sure there was a thread on here recently with someone who was taken to hospital with similar symptoms to yours all to do with stress! Sorry cant remember who it was!

take Care

Kris xx
Old Sep 30th 2005, 8:46 am

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi jane

i suffered with panic attacks for about six months, a yr ago, what terribly frightening things they are, and yes i got hubby to phone for ambulance when i had my first one!! i thought i was dying..... i was pregnant with 3rd baby at the time, about 18 wks i think and remember telling the staff at A&E to save me, as i had 2 other children to think about!

i agree with some of the other posts find a way of relaxing, and although it is correct to breath, it is too much breathing that makes the panic attack worse! you need to do deep breathing but slowly.... like inhaling steadily and then blowing out candles on a cake! not doing it fast.... as doing it fast with make it worse.... keep a paper bag in your handbag as breathing into this will help.

i hope this doesnt continue for you, and it was a one off

good luck and take care

amanda
Old Sep 30th 2005, 8:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Penny,
Jane x
London does do that to you. We took the girls (plus two others) for a birthday treat to see Starlight Express. Kevan reckoned he had a bit of a cold so I ignored that Anyway we came out of the theatre and got on the tube, two stops on, I looked at him and he had gone a bit white, but I didn't worry, we stopped at the next station and he looked at me and said "I don't feel too good" and with that passed out

Two women (everyone else ignored us ) helped me drag him off the tube and laid down on the platform. My phone obviously wouldn't work, one lady ran up the escalator to find a guard, meanwhile I am trying to make sure he is ok, whilst other lady is trying to calm four girls between 8 and 11 :scared: Took him half an hour to come round and then we still had to get to Kings Cross to get home.

Ended up fine, but he stayed away from London for a few years.

Don't know if we can make the meet but will try as we will be off a fortnight later
Old Sep 30th 2005, 8:59 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

London does that to me as well so I stay well clear.

It's correct that you don't appear in person to have the visas put in the passports, we sent ours by special delivery and they were back in a week. Good job too!

Hope you're OK now. The tip about breathing in to a paper bag is a good one.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 9:47 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Hi Jane
Glad you are ok now it must have been awful!
I'm sure there was a thread on here recently with someone who was taken to hospital with similar symptoms to yours all to do with stress! Sorry cant remember who it was!

take Care

Kris xx
kris, i was just about to post that as well....it wasnt too long ago was it? 5/6 weeks ago??!! try doing a search jane.

you poor thing....you must have panicked so much, i know i would
maybe it was going to london, i dont think i would like to go there at the moment, with all the things that are going on. it was probably an acculmulation of things going on, aus/london/worried about the kids (is your son still having doubts - sam will reply back soon to his e-mail!!).

take care honey, and look after yourself. hope you're feeling better soon (and stay away from the big smoke )

michelle
xx
Old Sep 30th 2005, 10:34 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you are OK
Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:09 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
Jane x
It could just be a deep seated fear of being upside down and spinning anti-clockwise!
Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:49 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
kris, i was just about to post that as well....it wasnt too long ago was it? 5/6 weeks ago??!! try doing a search jane.

you poor thing....you must have panicked so much, i know i would
maybe it was going to london, i dont think i would like to go there at the moment, with all the things that are going on. it was probably an acculmulation of things going on, aus/london/worried about the kids (is your son still having doubts - sam will reply back soon to his e-mail!!).

take care honey, and look after yourself. hope you're feeling better soon (and stay away from the big smoke )

michelle
xx
Hi michelle,
Yes Elliott still very anti !!!! you know what the worst thing is ..... Russ paid for the lunch and I never even ate it Mind you It has its bonuses married to a chef, He is making it for me tonight Bless him
Jane x
Thanks everyone I know its quite common xx
Old Sep 30th 2005, 12:24 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi michelle,
Yes Elliott still very anti !!!! you know what the worst thing is ..... Russ paid for the lunch and I never even ate it Mind you It has its bonuses married to a chef, He is making it for me tonight Bless him
Jane x
Thanks everyone I know its quite common xx
could do with a chef in our house.....
sam doesnt really talk about it still, its not an issue. you know what will happen, you guys go over and elliott will settle down great. we go over and sam wont settle!!!!

just looking at your timeline, just over 1 week behind us.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 12:28 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
could do with a chef in our house.....
sam doesnt really talk about it still, its not an issue. you know what will happen, you guys go over and elliott will settle down great. we go over and sam wont settle!!!!

just looking at your timeline, just over 1 week behind us.

OOOOO !! yes we are close eh. I am sure they will both be fine Have you put your house up for sale yet ?? Blimey no wonder I am going loopy, that is the next step for us
Jane x
p.s we should try and meet up at some point I am sure the boys would get on well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.