Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

let down when things moving forward

Wikiposts

let down when things moving forward

Old Sep 5th 2006, 8:42 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of
Default Re: let down when things moving forward

Originally Posted by jon&kate
What annoys me is that one of the reasons for moving is that at present my wifes mum looks after our kids 3 days a week and as i do shift work i have them rest of time plus i also get a week off every month due to the way shifts work so in all she has them 10 days a month.As my job is going soon i will have to go 5 day's a week so that would mean putting on them more and as they are in there late 60's im not happy doing that also we want to do this move while the kids are still young so it seemed that losing my job made up our minds for us with regards to making the move.
wife is going to phone agent tonight and have a chat.But i think we may have to invest to $100000 and that will leave us very tight for money!!!
Old Sep 5th 2006, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

as i say i have 60 points for job.Im 32 wife is 33 both native English speakers she is a PA /works im admin two kids comming with us.Wanted to avoid the $100.000 thing as we will only have $125.000 after selling up.

We have 60 points for our TRA my hubby we are both 38 and have enough points without my occupation/ or paying the 100,000ausd or being state sponsored.

AND YOU will get more points because your under 35 so you should have enough without them, ring your agent and have a chat I'm sure you'll get it sorted in a phone call
Old Sep 5th 2006, 8:48 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by marvinc
We have 60 points for our TRA my hubby we are both 38 and have enough points without my occupation/ or paying the 100,000ausd or being state sponsored.

AND YOU will get more points because your under 35 so you should have enough without them, ring your agent and have a chat I'm sure you'll get it sorted in a phone call
how did you manage to get the points?????
Old Sep 5th 2006, 8:52 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

why don't you just pick up the phone and ring an agent now, put yourself out of your misery.

Lynn
Old Sep 5th 2006, 9:00 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If you have now spoken with FIL and he is behind you, BIL has no argument about upsetting MIL More excuse for them to have long holidays here. Ring him and chat. No good will come from just e-mails. Get FIL to ring him - Dads can put pressure on like no one else
Old Sep 5th 2006, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

as i say i have 60 points for job.Im 32 wife is 33 both native English speakers she is a PA /works im admin two kids comming with us.Wanted to avoid the $100.000 thing as we will only have $125.000 after selling up.
What is your job ?? and were did you want to move in AUS ??
Old Sep 5th 2006, 9:09 pm
jon&a mp;kate

Originally Posted by tabby
What is your job ?? and were did you want to move in AUS ??
im a print machinest and we thought Brisbane as thats where wifes brother lives.We have been to brisbane twice and liked it but if it was a case of looking at other places then im ok with that.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: let down when things moving forward

Got Tra back last week (positive) agent told us to get paperwork as quick as possible so she could lodge our application for our 138 visa.My wifes brother was sponsoring us,when my wife contacted her brother to let him know our agent would be sending him the relevant documents he replied by e-mail that he did not feel comfotable sponsoring us as it may upset my wifes mum!!!!So as you can imagine we dont no what to do next.To make matters worse im being made redundant soon and this has really kicked me in the nut's.In february he said he would sposor us so we have wasted thousands on getting this far only to be let down.Im gutted!!!!!!!!!!!!<(massive understatement)

This is a huge set back but you are not down and out yet. I was going to use a friend to do the assurance of support bit as I really did not want to ask my relatives. Check on the forum and do some research re whether you might come up with an alternative. You could also try to get your wife's Mum to contact him directly and plead your case. It is a huge problem because if he is an unreliable git (sorry don't know the guy but) you are going to have to do everything you can to get him on board if you don't come up with an alternative. I don't envy you but please don't give up just yet.

Sue
Old Sep 5th 2006, 9:19 pm
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold

Ring an agent right away, I'm sure you should manage to get enough points without sponsorship.
Get your father in law to ring BIL too, sounds like cold feet and worries of sponsorship. I hope you sort it and will be wishing you all the best. My husband is 43 and got enough points, you have got the dreaded TRA out of the way, dont stop now
Angie
Old Sep 5th 2006, 9:22 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Got Tra back last week (positive) agent told us to get paperwork as quick as possible so she could lodge our application for our 138 visa.My wifes brother was sponsoring us,when my wife contacted her brother to let him know our agent would be sending him the relevant documents he replied by e-mail that he did not feel comfotable sponsoring us as it may upset my wifes mum!!!!So as you can imagine we dont no what to do next.To make matters worse im being made redundant soon and this has really kicked me in the nut's.In february he said he would sposor us so we have wasted thousands on getting this far only to be let down.Im gutted!!!!!!!!!!!!<(massive understatement)
OMG ...thats awful.

Can you not talk to you wife's brother and explain how much money you have lost and how much you feel let down.

Keep your chin up tho .....and good luck x
Old Sep 5th 2006, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

im a print machinest and we thought Brisbane as thats where wifes brother lives.We have been to brisbane twice and liked it but if it was a case of looking at other places then im ok with that.
Have a look here http://www.business.act.gov.au/inves...killed_workers this is the only state I could find your job on can't remeber the sub class for state sponsored one but I think it is in booklet 6 on www.imm.gov.au

Hope this helps
Old Sep 5th 2006, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

micnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the rough

Agree with others - find out asap what other options - would however suggest before embarking on other option(s) available make it quite clear to BIL what is expected of him and leave him in no doubt that with or without his help you will be moving to Oz! Point out the potential financial difficulties you will have if you have to lodge a bond for 12 months. Sincerely hope all is resolved favourably!
Old Sep 5th 2006, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Your age is with you..............are you sure you havent got enough points without having to pay the bond?
Old Sep 6th 2006, 12:29 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry to hear about your dilemma..
The thing is though - we are 138'ers too, and to be honest I am really surprised how little the sponsor actually has to do with the visa application. On their part - all they do is fill out a form [you could even complete the form, all the sponsor needs to do is sign the back page], you need to provide additional documentation, birth certificates etc etc, but basically, thats it. As long as you can support yourself, and raise the assurance of support money [your assurer does not have to be your sponsor.....it could be a friend or someone else in Oz who reaches the salary requirement and will attend the centrelink interview and deposit the money] then thats all thats involved. Maybe you could tell your brother in law how easy it actually is, as he may be scared by the responsibility perhaps? Also, have you spoken to your mother in law & brother in law together about it?

Whatever - Good luck to you, I understand your predicament totally, we were all set to apply for the 136, but Dimia raised the points last year so we were 5 short!! We are the same age as you too, and had to go down the 138 route, no other options were available or desireable to us at the time.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 10:21 am
jon&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;a mp;kate

Originally Posted by Claire&Richard
I am sorry to hear about your dilemma..
The thing is though - we are 138'ers too, and to be honest I am really surprised how little the sponsor actually has to do with the visa application. On their part - all they do is fill out a form [you could even complete the form, all the sponsor needs to do is sign the back page], you need to provide additional documentation, birth certificates etc etc, but basically, thats it. As long as you can support yourself, and raise the assurance of support money [your assurer does not have to be your sponsor.....it could be a friend or someone else in Oz who reaches the salary requirement and will attend the centrelink interview and deposit the money] then thats all thats involved. Maybe you could tell your brother in law how easy it actually is, as he may be scared by the responsibility perhaps? Also, have you spoken to your mother in law & brother in law together about it?

Whatever - Good luck to you, I understand your predicament totally, we were all set to apply for the 136, but Dimia raised the points last year so we were 5 short!! We are the same age as you too, and had to go down the 138 route, no other options were available or desireable to us at the time.
My wife has just spoken with our agent in NZ and they are going to look into the possibility of a skilled regional tempory visa,so basicly live and work for 2 yrs then apply for perm residence.Not a bad option when all things considered.One thing i was wondering was is that if i cant find work in my own trade can i find work doing another job or is this not allowed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.