Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lest we not forget

Lest we not forget

Old Nov 10th 2005, 8:14 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lest we not forget

Its rememberance day here
Thank-You to all the men and woman who fought and died for freedom so that we can make simple choices in life such as post on internet forums or indeed migrate as we wish.
There are still those less fortunate, lets also remember them too.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lest we not forget

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Thank-You to all the men and woman who fought and died for freedom so that we can make simple choices in life such as post on internet forums or indeed migrate as we wish.
Here here.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 8:15 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Couldn't agree more. It is the past that moulds us into the people we are today.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, my thoughts exactly
Old Nov 10th 2005, 8:22 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

Every single one a hero.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 8:23 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

i think as you get older, you appreciate what these people did for you and your country more. i get quite emotional now about it.

god bless all those that perished, and also all those that fought and survived, and lived to tell us their stories.
xx
Old Nov 10th 2005, 8:25 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Lest we not forget

Amen to that!

My maternal grandfather (a Norfolk man) was the gunnery officer on the submarine HMS Taciturn, while my paternal grandfather was a member of the occupying forces in Germany at the end of WWII.

Both were British, of course; though my paternal grandfather was Irish, while my maternal grandfather was English.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
i think as you get older, you appreciate what these people did for you and your country more. i get quite emotional now about it.

god bless all those that perished, and also all those that fought and survived, and lived to tell us their stories.
xx
couldnt agree more, but i think its also important that we dont forget all the men and women that have died for their countries during more recent times too.

debbie
Old Nov 10th 2005, 8:27 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto
Old Nov 10th 2005, 8:28 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc
couldnt agree more, but i think its also important that we dont forget all the men and women that have died for their countries during more recent times too.

debbie
very true
Old Nov 10th 2005, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
very true
i was watching 'this morning ' this morning i think otr was it yesterday and there was a young woman with her daughter who lost her hubby 18 months ago and she was saying that before he had died she always thought of poppy day commemorating the loss our 1st and 2nd ww soldiers and didnt really consider recent times. It hit me that i was the same!

she was talking about how the soldiers who were about to go out to fight in iraq had to write letters to their loved ones 'just in case'!! in her case, she got the letter, it was heart rendering!
Old Nov 10th 2005, 8:45 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

poppy day reminds us of all soldiers that defend our country past and present

they are always in our thoughts

jan xx
Old Nov 10th 2005, 8:46 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

As an ex member of the Royal Navy - 25 years - today, for me, is one of the most relevant days of the year. I lost good mates along the way - some in active service and others in accidents.

Thank you for this thread.

Regards

Jim
Old Nov 10th 2005, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
As an ex member of the Royal Navy - 25 years - today, for me, is one of the most relevant days of the year. I lost good mates along the way - some in active service and others in accidents.

Regards

Jim
no, thank you jim
Old Nov 10th 2005, 8:50 pm
one day rodders !!!

Originally Posted by Jimclevs

Regards

Jim

most fantastic people ever hats off to all of the brave men and women of all the wars

jan xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.