Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lesmurdie Senior High School - Your Views?

Lesmurdie Senior High School - Your Views?

Old Jul 24th 2009, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

chasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the rough
Default Lesmurdie Senior High School - Your Views?

Moving over to Perth in September and thinking of sending my daughters to Lesmurdie Senior High School. I noticed they scored ok with TEE exams but what's it like as a school? Ideally, I would like a school which has good behaviour and where they encourage children to achieve their best but you never know what a school is like until your child actually goes there... then its too late!! - So would be grateful to hear your views?????
Old Jul 24th 2009, 10:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lesmurdie Senior High School - Your Views?

From a quick search, it would seem that it's considered pretty good. Amazulu and Sam are your people for Hills information.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

chasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
From a quick search, it would seem that it's considered pretty good. Amazulu and Sam are your people for Hills information.
How do I get in touch with Amazulu and Sam???
Old Jul 24th 2009, 10:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chasmw
How do I get in touch with Amazulu and Sam???
PM or email. Do a member search for them, then click on the PM or Email button on the right of their user profiles
Old Jul 24th 2009, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
PM or email. Do a member search for them, then click on the PM or Email button on the right of their user profiles
Thank you for that information, I have sent Amazulu a PM.

If anyone else has any views on the school, please let me know!!
Thanks!
Old Jul 24th 2009, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

The school gets good reports in the local press but we did speak to one parent last week who's daughter wants to focus on a technical career and the school didn't offer the right courses so she's going to St Brigit's college instead which apparently is very good and still in Lesmurdie.
We find the hills teenagers tend to be better behaved than the normal city teenagers.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rockpeblar
The school gets good reports in the local press but we did speak to one parent last week who's daughter wants to focus on a technical career and the school didn't offer the right courses so she's going to St Brigit's college instead which apparently is very good and still in Lesmurdie.
We find the hills teenagers tend to be better behaved than the normal city teenagers.
Good to hear the hills teenagers are better behaved than the city teenagers, it's also good that the school gets good reports in the press.
Thank you for that information.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chasmw
Good to hear the hills teenagers are better behaved than the city teenagers, it's also good that the school gets good reports in the press.
Thank you for that information.
Hope you enjoy your new life in the hills. We've been in Lesmurdie for 2 years and love it up here. We've got a pool so no need to travel to the beach
Old Jul 24th 2009, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rockpeblar
Hope you enjoy your new life in the hills. We've been in Lesmurdie for 2 years and love it up here. We've got a pool so no need to travel to the beach
Thank you, we're all getting excited now.. sounds good!

Last edited by chasmw; Jul 24th 2009 at 12:12 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 2:03 pm
Meow!

TigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud of

My daughter went to this school for a year before we moved to another suburb.
It was ok. They had a really good maths teacher at the time who unfortunately moved on just about when we did. Its just ok.... Are you going to live in Lesmurdie I take it? I didnt like it. Couldnt settle and I lived there for a year. Too many portugues centipedes and snakes for me.
Best of luck TF
Old Jul 24th 2009, 2:04 pm
Meow!

TigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud of

PS I hear St Brigids is very good
Old Jul 24th 2009, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TigerFeet
My daughter went to this school for a year before we moved to another suburb.
It was ok. They had a really good maths teacher at the time who unfortunately moved on just about when we did. Its just ok.... Are you going to live in Lesmurdie I take it? I didnt like it. Couldnt settle and I lived there for a year. Too many portugues centipedes and snakes for me.
Best of luck TF
When we arrive we will be staying with family in Goosberry Hill, then we are planning to live somewhere in the hill's, but we would like to live near a good high school, that is why we were thinking of Lesmurdie.
When you said it was ok, what did you think was wrong with it? Did you have any problems?
Old Jul 24th 2009, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

PS I hear St Brigids is very good
We have also heard there is a private school in Carmel, which is near Lesmurdie, just wondered if you knew anything about the school?
Old Jul 24th 2009, 2:33 pm
Meow!

My daughter is bright so she did well. The maths teacher was awesome, the best she had ever had (she was year 8 at the time). We moved because we couldnt setlle in the area, it just wasnt for us. In terms of the staff they were great. It was just ok. Neither outstanding or otherwise. I believe St Brigids is good, however you will have to pay as its private. not heard of one in Carmel, didnt know there was one there, but its out more in the 'country'. My daughteres best friends lived in Carmel and owned 10 acres, 2 ponies and had an Avocado orchard....and she was at Lesmurdie..
Old Jul 24th 2009, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

My daughter is bright so she did well. The maths teacher was awesome, the best she had ever had (she was year 8 at the time). We moved because we couldnt setlle in the area, it just wasnt for us. In terms of the staff they were great. It was just ok. Neither outstanding or otherwise. I believe St Brigids is good, however you will have to pay as its private. not heard of one in Carmel, didnt know there was one there, but its out more in the 'country'. My daughteres best friends lived in Carmel and owned 10 acres, 2 ponies and had an Avocado orchard....and she was at Lesmurdie..
Thanks for all the info. Sounds like your daughter is lucky and she would have done well at any school. So maybe Lesmurdie School is about average, not great but not bad either.. it can't be that bad if your daughter's 'rich' friend went there - but it sounds like St Brigids School would be worth looking into.. if it's not too expensive. Do you know if you have to be a Catholic to go there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.