Lepto update

Old Jun 7th 2006, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Lepto update

Some of you may remember my boxer Rosie failed her lepto blood test two weeks ago. Got the second results back yesterday and the level had stayed the same so she's off to Golden Arrow tomorrow and flying to Melbourne on Sunday. Although it's a relief she's clear to go, it's beginning to dawn on me that she's really going and so are we - as soon as the house is sorted. Panicking now incase we're still stuck here when her 30 days are up.
There's going to be a few tears tonight, we're having a family photo done with her in it. I can't face going to GA so OH is taking her. I'm such a wimp!
Anyway thanks for everyones kind words, and to anyone else worried about lepto it's common to fail first time so don't panic if it happens to you.
SUE
Old Jun 7th 2006, 3:59 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lepto update

Originally Posted by Bookie
Some of you may remember my boxer Rosie failed her lepto blood test two weeks ago. Got the second results back yesterday and the level had stayed the same so she's off to Golden Arrow tomorrow and flying to Melbourne on Sunday. Although it's a relief she's clear to go, it's beginning to dawn on me that she's really going and so are we - as soon as the house is sorted. Panicking now incase we're still stuck here when her 30 days are up.
There's going to be a few tears tonight, we're having a family photo done with her in it. I can't face going to GA so OH is taking her. I'm such a wimp!
Anyway thanks for everyones kind words, and to anyone else worried about lepto it's common to fail first time so don't panic if it happens to you.
SUE
Yea, we had that 'what if the dog finishes quarantine and we're still not there' convo too. It'll all come good in the end.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 6:04 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

SUE
That's great news! well done Rosie!!
Old Jun 7th 2006, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Thats brill news. I know how you feel about her going tomorrow. I fill up every time I even think about my girl going on a plane by herself
Tracie
SUE
Old Jun 7th 2006, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

sapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the rough

Glad Rosie is OK to go now.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Jempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to all

SUE

Hi Sue
Hope you got my PM. Congrats to Rosie

Thinking of you all tonight..........remember what a good life you will all have out in OZ and hopefully the time will go quick till you pick her up.

Lots of love

Aly, Jem and Tally xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Jul 18th 2006, 9:27 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

SUE
our boxer has failed her lepto today as well
the thing is, we go on holiday tomorrow for 2 weeks and the re-test needs doing as you know, 14 days after the first one. had mega problems trying to sort it all out at 4.30pm today (we fly at 8.30 am tomorrow).

i knew it would happen to us, just our luck. now i'm going to have a holiday worrying about the bloody dog.

glad your dog was okay sue. we are using golden arrow as well.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 10:14 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
our boxer has failed her lepto today as well
the thing is, we go on holiday tomorrow for 2 weeks and the re-test needs doing as you know, 14 days after the first one. had mega problems trying to sort it all out at 4.30pm today (we fly at 8.30 am tomorrow).

i knew it would happen to us, just our luck. now i'm going to have a holiday worrying about the bloody dog.

glad your dog was okay sue. we are using golden arrow as well.
Our dog Kali failed her's, but the levels were the same on the re-test and she flew on schedule. I know it's a concern but of all of us BE pooch owners who've had this problem (think about 10 of us in the last year alone), I don't think a single one has failed on the 14 day re-test - so enjoy your holiday and don't panic!
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

nicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant future

Our dog failed as well but actually went down on the second test so all was well, but we had to postpone our flight due to the house taking so long to sell, so she'll be finished her 30 days 2 weeks before we arrive but she'll be picked up by a very reliable kennel (so I'm told) they seem very nice, it's not the best situation and I feel awful but we'll be with here soon, and sometimes these things happen. Great news that your dog will be going as scheduled and if she has to go into a kennel for a few days don't worry too much, it happens all the time.

nicanjoe
Old Jul 19th 2006, 7:59 am
On way to OZ!

*meg* is an unknown quantity at this point

SUE
Hi our 7 year old boxer holly failed her lepto yesterday she has to be retested monday, am really panicking cause we are flying on wednesday and she is staying with our son until he joins us. a bloody nightmame. Our other boxer ellie was fine and we dont know what we are going to do if she cant come..
Helen
Old Jul 26th 2006, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

TheGreenz is an unknown quantity at this point

All of you think you have had a nightmare I am typing this on behalf of a friend we have staying with us at the moment. Her dog scruffy, a shi-tzu was meant to fly the same day as them, being 27th of March, due to failing his lepto because the stupid vet put it in a booster (knowing full well the dog was due to fly to oz)! He had to stay with his Granny in the uk, after 4 more tests and we are now at June 9th (are you keeping up with this!). He eventually flew to New zealand as the family went on holiday and were told by MAF NZ and aqis Oz that no quarantine was needed between the two countries. On arriving in Nz all was well until 2 weeks later when they left for Oz the dog could not fly because he needed quarantine for 90 days in NZ or 30 days in Oz thats when they found out they had been misinformed by both countries so they decided 30 days in Oz would be best. To their horror MAF had lost half of the paperwork and vet test results. So poor scruff had to stay another 3 weeks with her neice. Maf were very good after many phone calls both sides Scruff flew to Oz (sydney). He is due out on 12th August. But (you knew that was coming did'nt you?!) Aqis phoned her because all the paperwork which they had struggled to get in NZ had been lost again by MAF!
After many phone calls and stress, panic e.t.c back to the uk her mum has managed to fax through all the relavent paperwork as she took photocopies! (Clever mummy!) to quarantine in sydney. Thinking all is well we have a phone call from quarantine today stating they are going to retest his lepto because his levels were down then went up but were still under the acceptable levels and he had an anti biotic whilst in the uk quarantine feel they need to be sure no virus is there thus meaning Scruff could be there for god knows how long if his levels are up. So her advice to you all who are bringing dogs is to Remind your vet not to put lepto into vaccines even though they know your leaving, be absolutley sure you take copies of every bit of paperwork (more than 1) with you if your leaving before your dog or not. She would like to Thank Sally at Par air for all her help and hard work and running around chasing lost paperwork and for Scruffys safe arrival in NZ. Here's hoping we see him on the 12th when passing the unnecessary tests he has tomorrow. Good job we have a money tree although the drout is setting in!!! We would like to here from anyone with simular stories as she feels someone has it in for her now, 1 step forward and 20 back! :scared:
Old Jul 26th 2006, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Gill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant future

Good to hear that Rosie is on her way to Melbourne. I sent my 2 there last year, it was awful leaving them at the airport after their final vet checks. They few out 3 days before I did so I didn't get to see them until the Monday, I think the month in Melbourne was the worst in my life, I hated leaving my dogs every day after only seeing them for 3-3 hours, they soon got used to the routine and have adverse effect from their experience, they are now happy and settled in Queensland.

SUE
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:33 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

just to let you all know, the pooch's lepto level has dropped, by quite a bit actually. so now she is okay to go as well. she flies 9 aug (with golden arrow). going to drive down with her on sunday to drop her off at GA.

was a bit of a scare for us, especially as we were on holiday
Old Aug 4th 2006, 2:18 am
hjw
helenj

hjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
just to let you all know, the pooch's lepto level has dropped, by quite a bit actually. so now she is okay to go as well. she flies 9 aug (with golden arrow). going to drive down with her on sunday to drop her off at GA.

was a bit of a scare for us, especially as we were on holiday
Our Holly failed her second lepto test a week ago we arrived here last thursday, They were due to fly out next tuesday 8th , so they were staying with our son , who is joing us on the 26th aug) so our freinds back home have been dealing with the nightmare.
We left it their hands, the vet didnt advise us to test holly again as he thought the results would have gone up....(we are with jets4pets who have been absolutly no use whatsso ever so we made the decission to rehome them in the uk (them being our other boxer ellie who passed hers..)
It has been heartbraking as we love the girls so much and are missing them like crazy but we could not face the fact that they would be seperated if ellie came to us , thankfully they are both going to the same family together. It has not been the best of starts to our new life and i think im having a bit of a breakdown at the moment and really want to go back to the uk as we speak which i know i cant.. love from helenx
Old Aug 4th 2006, 7:51 am
Never going back

Originally Posted by hjw
Our Holly failed her second lepto test a week ago we arrived here last thursday, They were due to fly out next tuesday 8th , so they were staying with our son , who is joing us on the 26th aug) so our freinds back home have been dealing with the nightmare.
We left it their hands, the vet didnt advise us to test holly again as he thought the results would have gone up....(we are with jets4pets who have been absolutly no use whatsso ever so we made the decission to rehome them in the uk (them being our other boxer ellie who passed hers..)
It has been heartbraking as we love the girls so much and are missing them like crazy but we could not face the fact that they would be seperated if ellie came to us , thankfully they are both going to the same family together. It has not been the best of starts to our new life and i think im having a bit of a breakdown at the moment and really want to go back to the uk as we speak which i know i cant.. love from helenx
awh helen, i can feel how sad you are from here.
our vets and the shippers didnt give us any indication of what they thought might happen. i suppose if poppys results werent okay again, then i would have booked her in for another test 14 days after, and so on, if the results kept coming back too high. can you not get her tested this week? (on day 14 again), its seems so sad for you and your family. i know that the shippers we are using sometimes have dogs kennelled there until the level is okay, going on for months

i dont know what else to say to you, i presume the shippers have already got the import permits?

pm me if you want to offload helen
take care honey
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.