Lemons

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Lemons

On average, how long does a lemon keep once it had been picked form the tree?
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 3:01 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lemons

Originally posted by podgypossum
On average, how long does a lemon keep once it had been picked form the tree?
No idea but in turkey they store them in damp rooms because the acid is a desicant. The water is absorbed into the lemons which become huge and juicy. Not sure that buying rooms full of the stuff is practical.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Interesting...

i doubt i shall be doing htat though, i just have loads on our tree and dont want them to go to waste. I was wondering whether to pick them and store them or try to leave on the tree as long as possible.
With only me and Bill here, it will take a while to get through them all.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 3:09 am
Brisbane

Trayla is an unknown quantity at this point

Just put I slice in your Gin, you'll soon get rid off them!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 3:13 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting...

i doubt i shall be doing htat though, i just have loads on our tree and dont want them to go to waste. I was wondering whether to pick them and store them or try to leave on the tree as long as possible.
With only me and Bill here, it will take a while to get through them all.
It must be a damp coolish room. The lemons were in caves.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Trayla
Just put I slice in your Gin, you'll soon get rid off them!!!

ROFLMAO...would you like a slap now..or later?

Anyway..its all your fault i have a reputation..your house is a den of eniquity
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

I hope hubby is doing his duty and weeing under the tree now and then - does the lemons a world of good!

My neighour grows beautiful lemons - I wonder if it could be due to her burying her ex cat under the tree
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

LOL..well..you learn something everyday..i shall give him orders to perform under the lemon tree tonite.... not sure what the neighbours will think as its opposite their kitchen window...
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

LOL..well..you learn something everyday..i shall give him orders to perform under the lemon tree tonite.... not sure what the neighbours will think as its opposite their kitchen window...

They'll be asking for lemons sooner or later

I keep lemons in a basket on top of my fridge but they do eventually end up like walnuts and a nasty brown color. I slice some and freeze them in ice cubes too, make sorbet, and I use a lot on salads and schnitzels.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Wizzy...did you get an email from Audrey?..she has just bought a house down near you and was looking for some info.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

Wizzy...did you get an email from Audrey?..she has just bought a house down near you and was looking for some info.

No I don't think so but I tend to delete email from addresses I don't know. Give her my phone number if you want. Sorry to say this but do I know her??? Was she at Poms Picnic when I was there? Big blonde moments going on here!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Gawwwd!!...you're worse than me!!!

yes..you were sat with her talking for ages at the picnic..LMAO ..ok..i'll pass on you details to her.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Really boring answer but I got given a bagful of lemons straight from the tree and they lasted about 3 weeks but that wasn't in the fridge.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanx Diane..just what i needed to know.

Maybe they would keep anohter week or so in the fridge
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 6:41 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

If you store them correctly they should last for months. Cant remember how to do it though, give me a min & I'll let you know.

Or you could just juice them & freeze tham, that works too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.