Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Legoland Estates

Legoland Estates

Old Jul 9th 2007, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of
Default Legoland Estates

Are these new estates, i.e land cleared, not a tree left, houses really close to each other-going up all over Australia ??
Old Jul 9th 2007, 3:13 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Legoland Estates

Originally Posted by melaniee
Are these new estates, i.e land cleared, not a tree left, houses really close to each other-going up all over Australia ??
SE Queensland, in my extensive travels (ha!) yes ... and for the life of me I can't work out why people move there.

Cue well-reasoned and level-headed debate ...
Old Jul 9th 2007, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Yeah, I don't want to start an arugementative thread (!!!)-am just interested as it is hard to know what goes on in other states !

Do you mean the Gold Coast area ?

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
SE Queensland, in my extensive travels (ha!) yes ... and for the life of me I can't work out why people move there.

Cue well-reasoned and level-headed debate ...
Old Jul 9th 2007, 3:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Severe shortage of land in the cities. People in UK find it hard to understand, "all that space", no not really most of the country people wouldnt want to live in, dust with no services, cities and the coast around cities is it really, hence the legoland grab. Brisbane is nuts, 21 contracts on one house we saw on weekend, nearly 400 for a 2 bed cottage, yet that many people after it, totally bonkers.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...43-952,00.html

Last edited by jad n rich; Jul 9th 2007 at 3:20 am.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 3:18 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I don't want to start an arugementative thread (!!!)-am just interested as it is hard to know what goes on in other states !

Sunshine Coast too, Kawana Island for instance. Absolutely horrific.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 3:19 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd say the sight of the word 'legoland' will be enough to tempt out the loonies ... but, yeh, all the way from Brisbane down to the NSW border they are springing-up.

In fact, we have a big development planned near us as part of the "South East Queensland Regional Plan" (the attempt to cope with the projected growth over the next 20 years or so), and it'll be tens of thousands of people.

If it brings the infrastructure (the occasional bus would be nice) without the hassles then all welcome as far as we are concerned.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

They are not all like that. Where we are, blocks are a reasonable size (average size is about 700ms), and the reason we chose where we are, is because when they were developing the land, loads of trees were left, so it doesn't look as sparse as a lot of other estates.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:00 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassie
They are not all like that. Where we are, blocks are a reasonable size (average size is about 700ms), and the reason we chose where we are, is because when they were developing the land, loads of trees were left, so it doesn't look as sparse as a lot of other estates.

Then there is the body corp for some. Do you pay body corp? This can be anything from 0- $100 that the places i have looked at on realestate.com.au
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:06 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Where is all this land the Gov is going to release for new building ?

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Severe shortage of land in the cities. People in UK find it hard to understand, "all that space", no not really most of the country people wouldnt want to live in, dust with no services, cities and the coast around cities is it really, hence the legoland grab. Brisbane is nuts, 21 contracts on one house we saw on weekend, nearly 400 for a 2 bed cottage, yet that many people after it, totally bonkers.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...43-952,00.html
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

In SA they have to leave so much of the new estates 'natural'. So you'll find lots of green area's, kids play parks (and dog ones too) etc.

Have to admit though, I'm not too keen on them. Much prefer an older house on an older suburb, you get lots more house and land for your money.

Here's a few piccie's from the 'legoland' we've just left.
Attached Thumbnails Legoland Estates-aug07%2417.jpg   Legoland Estates-aug13%2435.jpg   Legoland Estates-aug13%2437.jpg   Legoland Estates-aug13%2463.jpg   Legoland Estates-aug13112.jpg  

Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:10 am

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Whats that in the last picture? Looks like a half finished bridge.
Originally Posted by Wendy
In SA they have to leave so much of the new estates 'natural'. So you'll find lots of green area's, kids play parks (and dog ones too) etc.

Have to admit though, I'm not too keen on them. Much prefer an older house on an older suburb, you get lots more house and land for your money.

Here's a few piccie's from the 'legoland' we've just left.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
Whats that in the last picture? Looks like a half finished bridge.

Apparantly it 'art'
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:12 am

I have seen a few where you can walk around the back garden with one hand on the fence and one had on the house

Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:16 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

There is an AV Jennings estate in Carina (about 9km from Brisbane CBD) where they have built average size (i.e pretty big) 2 floor 4bed houses but squeezed 'em onto 250sq m blocks....the whole thing is very reminiscent of UK style estates.

Kind of a shame to see this cropping up in Australia but I guess its par for the course with hefty population growth.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 5:10 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Kind of a shame to see this cropping up in Australia but I guess its par for the course with hefty population growth.
It's par for the course because property developers, with local government in their pocket, make it happen and the sheep-like population accepts it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.