Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Legal age for 'home alone'

Legal age for 'home alone'

Old Jan 5th 2006, 10:35 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Legal age for 'home alone'

......no NOT the movie..

What's the legal age you can leave your kids home alone in qld??
Old Jan 5th 2006, 10:38 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Legal age for 'home alone'

Originally Posted by artep
......no NOT the movie..

What's the legal age you can leave your kids home alone in qld??
I dont have a clue but it scares me the age that peeps leave their kids alone........and have no probs with it
Old Jan 5th 2006, 10:50 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
I dont have a clue but it scares me the age that peeps leave their kids alone........and have no probs with it
yea me too....It's only been in the last 6 months we've occasionally been leaving our 12 & 10 year old in the charge of our 15 year old for a few hours of an evening.

I was wondering about the age because our middle one is about to turn 13 & frequently on a weekend doesn't want to come out with us as a family & wants to stay home alone glued to his pc!

If it was legal to leave him home, sometimes I'd rather do so as its better than having the fight to get him out the door!
Old Jan 5th 2006, 10:55 am

yea me too....It's only been in the last 6 months we've occasionally been leaving our 12 & 10 year old in the charge of our 15 year old for a few hours of an evening.

I was wondering about the age because our middle one is about to turn 13 & frequently on a weekend doesn't want to come out with us as a family & wants to stay home alone glued to his pc!

If it was legal to leave him home, sometimes I'd rather do so as its better than having the fight to get him out the door!
well my mates(aussies) leave there 8 and 10 year old home alone frequently.....if they r responsible then go for it
Old Jan 5th 2006, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on the kid really. I used to leave the eldest alone for a short time when he was 13, wouldn't do that with my other boy who's 13 though. He'd burn the house down or something.

Some are more responsible than others, so really only you can answer that question. IMHO
Old Jan 5th 2006, 11:00 am
....is FAB

Originally Posted by biggy
well my mates(aussies) leave there 8 and 10 year old home alone frequently.....if they r responsible then go for it

eek!!!! 8 & 10???? Don't think I could leave them as young as that no matter how responsible & mature they seem to be.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 11:01 am

eek!!!! 8 & 10???? Don't think I could leave them as young as that no matter how responsible & mature they seem to be.

yeah i thot that too...mine r 10 and 9...wouldnt leave them home alone lol
Old Jan 5th 2006, 11:01 am
....is FAB

Originally Posted by WendyC
wouldn't do that with my other boy who's 13 though. He'd burn the house down or something.
....mine would empty the fridge...then move onto the larder...
Old Jan 5th 2006, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard that it is down to parents discretion. However you are legally responsible for them should anything happen in your absence.

I regularly leave mine locked in the cupboard and all has been well.

In truth I have left my at home whilst going to the neighbours but they have had the walkie talkie if they need us! Luckily for me I have girls and they seem much more responsible at a younger age to boys!

Thinking about it I would trust a 10 year old at home alone much more than a 13 year old :scared:
Old Jan 5th 2006, 11:28 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I "think" it is 13 and 15 to look after someone younger but will stand to be corrected.

But you could send the kids down to the park by themselves at a younger age and that is fine.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 11:31 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a big kid of 36 called Dave who I'm hesitant to leave unattended at home - risked it once or twice but he usually drinks all the beer in the fridge and leaves a trail of destruction around the house!

Nicky
Old Jan 5th 2006, 11:36 am
....is FAB

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
I've got a big kid of 36 called Dave who I'm hesitant to leave unattended at home - risked it once or twice but he usually drinks all the beer in the fridge and leaves a trail of destruction around the house!

Nicky
I have a 41 year old one of those...mine leaves a trail of empty crisp packets too
Old Jan 5th 2006, 11:57 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends how sensible they are.

When my two lads were 11 and 13 I got a 16 year old "babysitter" in to supervise.

We came home to find....surprise, surprise ...that everything was in order...... and the babysitter had survived.

Until 3 weeks later.

The other half was outside cleaning the car one Sunday.

He shouted me out to the garage. It was a kind of girlie shreek actually, like someone had grabbed his baws.

"Phoenix.....get here quick" he said....so I ran to the garage.

He whipped a dust sheet off an old antique rockin horse I'd been given by my parents. You know the kind, all lovely poished wood, saddle and long flowing mane.

Not no more it wasn't

It had been slaughtered.

They'd slaughtered it while the baby sitter was watchin her mooovees

The bleedin horse was now bald, a hair lip cos they'd sawn the top lip off....it had no ears, and the little barstewards had scratched its eyes out with a saw that each must had held at either end of it's head........and it only had three soddin legs

I couldn't wait for the little bleeders to come home that day I can tell ya

So the morale of the story is be afraid....be very afraid...unless you drug em first ......then put em in a tight fittin straight jackets
Old Jan 5th 2006, 12:08 pm
....is FAB

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Depends how sensible they are.

When my two lads were 11 and 13 I got a 16 year old "babysitter" in to supervise.

We came home to find....surprise, surprise ...that everything was in order...... and the babysitter had survived.

Until 3 weeks later.

The other half was outside cleaning the car one Sunday.

He shouted me out to the garage. It was a kind of girlie shreek actually, like someone had grabbed his baws.

"Phoenix.....get here quick" he said....so I ran to the garage.

He whipped a dust sheet off an old antique rockin horse I'd been given by my parents. You know the kind, all lovely poished wood, saddle and long flowing mane.

Not no more it wasn't

It had been slaughtered.

They'd slaughtered it while the baby sitter was watchin her mooovees

The bleedin horse was now bald, a hair lip cos they'd sawn the top lip off....it had no ears, and the little barstewards had scratched its eyes out with a saw that each must had held at either end of it's head........and it only had three soddin legs

I couldn't wait for the little bleeders to come home that day I can tell ya

So the morale of the story is be afraid....be very afraid...unless you drug em first ......then put em in a tight fittin straight jackets

Little swines!!!!!! hope you beat them with a big stick!
Old Jan 5th 2006, 12:21 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Little swines!!!!!! hope you beat them with a big stick!
I used me crop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.