Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Legal action possible??

Legal action possible??

Old Jun 18th 2009, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Legal action possible??

If someone owes you an amount less than $7500, you can start proceedings in Queensland's Minor Debt Court (not Small Claims Tribunal). See:
http://www.legalaid.qld.gov.au/Publi...ts/Minor+debt/

Suing for defamation? Pointless on both sides. Time consuming, complex, and hideously expensive. Plus there's the first rule of law school - only sue someone if they've got money!

Although there may be the possibility of getting some kind of order against the person, or 'damages' etc, the solicitor sending you to the police was their polite way of saying "don't waste your money mate!". The police a) have enough to deal with; and b) really aren't that interested in basically civil disputes.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:38 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Don't waste your time going to the police or sueing them, this is Australia not Germany, The worst that will happen to them is the police will give them a warning not to do it again and suing them will probably cost you more money then you could get off them. l bet even if those racist thugs beating up Indian students in Melbourne get caught they will be let off with a suspended sentance and walk free so the police won't do anything about an email. Unless they actually threaten to harm you in the email its not really a police matter.

Last edited by mohogony; Jun 18th 2009 at 5:47 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold

Why would you be called a curry if you come from Germany?
Old Jun 19th 2009, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

To seek compensation as I understand it you have to have something published or announced in public about oneself that is not true.

i e if someone stood on stage, or published it in the paper then its a different matter.

So what is your loss to claim compensation, we on this forum would not have known about it unless you told us and same with everyone else. In a way you have published it. If it had been me I would have deleted and ignored.

Everyone of us receives some kind of abuse in our lives lucky if you don't.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst the email is pretty rude I fail to see what you want compensation/damages for.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 7:53 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hebe
Whilst the email is pretty rude I fail to see what you want compensation/damages for.
A holiday?
Old Jun 19th 2009, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
A holiday?
Old Jun 19th 2009, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear you are getting hate email. Report it to the newspapers and radio stations as well.

I've seen quite a few UTE's in Perth with stickers that say "Get out we're full" and a few other rude ones. Some people don't want any "foreigners" coming to Perth. I wonder if that is what fuelled the fights at Mulaloo Beach?
Old Jun 19th 2009, 8:39 am
Account Closed

lovetv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Luma
Sorry to hear you are getting hate email. Report it to the newspapers and radio stations as well.

I've seen quite a few UTE's in Perth with stickers that say "Get out we're full" and a few other rude ones. Some people don't want any "foreigners" coming to Perth. I wonder if that is what fuelled the fights at Mulaloo Beach?
Just tell me once that, what u mentioned above is not true at all. Just tell me once that people in Ozland still welcoming migrants. can u tell me whats meaning of UTE?

How can one tell that "Get out its full here", while the state governments still crying that we needs your talent, we needs your skills, we are supporting you to settle..... Do will they decide about Aus Immigration policies now?

Can u pls. explain and mention link about what happned in mullallo beach?

thanks
Old Jun 19th 2009, 8:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lovetv
Just tell me once that, what u mentioned above is not true at all. Just tell me once that people in Ozland still welcoming migrants. can u tell me whats meaning of UTE?

How can one tell that "Get out its full here", while the state governments still crying that we needs your talent, we needs your skills, we are supporting you to settle..... Do will they decide about Aus Immigration policies now?

thanks
Its perfectly true, the "**** off we're full" stickers are very common here, and have been discussed on here many times.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
It is true there are some people who are somethingorother phobic (when you don't like people that aren't from your country)

UTE = pickup truck

Here's a thread about the Big Mullalloo fight on Australia Day http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509266

But most people are lovely :-)
Old Jun 19th 2009, 10:11 am
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks
a ute is a type of car ... like sedan, hatchback etc.

A few idiots have those stickers on their cars ... those idiots don't run state governments.

Interestingly it seems that each new wave of migrants(regardless of where they are from) , once settled, discriminates againts the wave of migrants that follow them ... this is a very crude and general observation but it is one that is often mentioned here. The discrimination, however, doesn't realise itself on a large malicious scale.

Forms of racism in Australia are nothing like the large scale virulent forms of racism and discrimination fround in some SE Asian and south asian countries.

Australia isn't perfect in terms of racism ... but in global terms .. it's pretty good.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

The stickers are not apparent in Victoria must be a WA thing.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 10:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bit confused as tot why racism has been brought up. It's one email from someone who owes the OP money but doesn't want to pay. They have decided to be as rude as possible to presumably get out of paying the debt. No one other than the OP is going to show the slightest interest in it because it's a personal problem, not racist, not for the police, not for a solicitor, not for a newspaper or even the pointless and obnoxious ACA or TT. You simply delete it, ignore it and request that they pay their debt. I cannot believe you would get any different treatment in Germany than you have here. Even with malicious phone calls you need stacks before anyone can implement any legal proceedings.

Trying to muddy the waters by playing the racist card is ridiculous.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

scotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Petals
The stickers are not apparent in Victoria must be a WA thing.
I have seen them in VIC

...I can understand why some people might feel that immigration quotas should be reduced, but the expression is objectionable.

Then again, so are **** t shirts. (I put the initials in for French Connection UK but the website auto replaced them!!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.