British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Is it legal? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/legal-479734/)

Melchels Sep 8th 2007 12:29 am

Is it legal?

DOes anyone know if I can legally change a tap washer in Victoria? Apparently it is illegal in some states!

Bobcat Sep 8th 2007 5:13 am

Re: Is it legal?

Originally Posted by Melchels (Post 5286982)
DOes anyone know if I can legally change a tap washer in Victoria? Apparently it is illegal in some states!

Sssssshhhhh............... don't tell anyone! :eek::eek:

Vim Fuego Sep 8th 2007 5:15 am

You can but you have to charge yourself $70 call-out and then bodge the job.

Disclaimer: Actually all the tradies then I've done business with here are great :)

Bobcat Sep 8th 2007 5:22 am

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego (Post 5287456)
You can but you have to charge yourself $70 call-out and then bodge the job.

Disclaimer: Actually all the tradies then I've done business with here are great :)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just popped in for a cuppa and a bit of light relief............ now back to burning off the bush because we may have a rain-free day today in the West?

Vim Fuego Sep 8th 2007 5:24 am

Originally Posted by Bobcat (Post 5287469)
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just popped in for a cuppa and a bit of light relief............ now back to burning off the bush because we may have a rain-free day today in the West?

Bummer, we've had some dampness (nothing more) recently so the fire danger is down a bit ... I might go and visit some horses with some Venos and the warm cuppa later, I think they could do with cheering up.

datamile Sep 8th 2007 9:05 am

Burning off the bush... don't be desparate, they do bikini waxes here

Wendy Sep 8th 2007 9:12 am

I think, judging by the replies, that someone is pulling your leg ;)

emelems Sep 8th 2007 9:18 am

Originally Posted by datamile (Post 5287811)
Burning off the bush... don't be desparate, they do bikini waxes here

PMSL !!!!!!!!!!

Nu-Shooz Sep 8th 2007 9:20 am

We were told we had to get an Electrician out to change a light bulb over here:sneaky:

Sod that!

Wendy Sep 8th 2007 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz (Post 5287856)
We were told we had to get an Electrician out to change a light bulb over here:sneaky:

Sod that!

Load of rubbish - we've busted the myth before :D

Nu-Shooz Sep 8th 2007 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 5287859)
Load of rubbish - we've busted the myth before :D

It was the estate agent who told us that. When we were looking round the house he mentioned things that we weren't supposed to do...but if we did it quietly no-one need to know:sneaky:

Where do they get these myths from:unsure:

Wendy Sep 8th 2007 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz (Post 5287874)
It was the estate agent who told us that. When we were looking round the house he mentioned things that we weren't supposed to do...but if we did it quietly no-one need to know:sneaky:

Where do they get these myths from:unsure:

Well I'd have just left the house with all the lightbulbs (sorry globes :rolleyes:) blown

Or rang the EA every time one went and told him to pay for a sparkie to change them :D

Dorothy Sep 8th 2007 10:36 am

We had a light fixture fall from my son's bedroom ceiling so it was just dangling by a wire. Called our rental agent she told me to just screw it back up.