Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

lebera pre paid connections

lebera pre paid connections

Old Apr 28th 2011, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

mala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nice
Default lebera pre paid connections

hi all,

how is the coverage of the pre paid connections of lebera in and around south brisbane/ westend and brisbane ?

what would i need to produce to get a sim card only from vodafone ? i hold a non-australian passport in my married name and my credit card is on my nee name .. i saw that the online shop had a notice saying the credit card has to be in the same name..

any view and ideas appreciated

thanks in advance
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: lebera pre paid connections

Woops, wrong phone company. Never mind. Edited.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

mala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nice

Originally Posted by Steve2009
Woops, wrong phone company. Never mind. Edited.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

I'm not familiar with Vodafone or Lebara coverage in Brisbane. I'm with Three and the coverage is fine for my purposes. I never had a problem in any of those areas.

Vodafone have had complaints of late regarding coverage and are dealing with a lawsuit but look like they are getting their act together. They are the same company as Three but have a different network which confuses some.

Overall I think you get what you pay for and there is no need to pay for Telstra or even Optus unless you need gold plated service or spend a lot of time in non-urban areas.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:19 am
Banned

knowlton is on a distinguished road

Lebera is really pushing it here in the UK - everywhere I've been in the past week has been full of Lebera stands / brokers / adverts!

To be honest, I've never really noticed them or looked into them... Does anyone know what their line quality is like? Is it like the rubbish VOIP providers or is it a half decent connection?
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not familiar with Vodafone or Lebara coverage in Brisbane. I'm with Three and the coverage is fine for my purposes. I never had a problem in any of those areas.

Vodafone have had complaints of late regarding coverage and are dealing with a lawsuit but look like they are getting their act together. They are the same company as Three but have a different network which confuses some.

Overall I think you get what you pay for and there is no need to pay for Telstra or even Optus unless you need gold plated service or spend a lot of time in non-urban areas.
Had a vodafone pre-paid dongle for a while as a backup for telstra in brisbane and the service was OK to start with but got progressinvely worse. Ditched it about 6 months ago and now have an Optus backup one, though even that has a much worse service than Telstra.

In the UK however, vodafone pre-paid is fab (she said from a train somewhere in deepest Wiltshire!!
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by knowlton
Lebera is really pushing it here in the UK - everywhere I've been in the past week has been full of Lebera stands / brokers / adverts!

To be honest, I've never really noticed them or looked into them... Does anyone know what their line quality is like? Is it like the rubbish VOIP providers or is it a half decent connection?
lets see what the others say
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Had a vodafone pre-paid dongle for a while as a backup for telstra in brisbane and the service was OK to start with but got progressinvely worse. Ditched it about 6 months ago and now have an Optus backup one, though even that has a much worse service than Telstra.

In the UK however, vodafone pre-paid is fab (she said from a train somewhere in deepest Wiltshire!!
i'm trying to get a pre paid dongle too for internet.. what would you suggest to sign up with?
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks for the info
Old Apr 28th 2011, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

baker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the rough

We have Optus dongle, and has been pretty good. We are in Mooloolaba. We have Lebara pre paids as the girl at ALLPHONES recommended it as it was cheapest calls to NZ, has been good so far!
Old Apr 29th 2011, 12:40 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, I used to advocate for 3 but after spending about 4 months with virtually no data coverage, in inner Melbourne I'm not so sure. Clearly Vodafone's network has had it's own issues as well. My concern is that at some stage in the future all of 3's customers will be moved to Vodafone's upgraded network and the issues will start over. I'm of the opinion that VHA has no clue about planning the capacity of its network(s) and when it goes wrong takes FOREVER to fix it. At this stage I'll be taking my chances on an Optus reseller most likely when my contract is up in a couple of months.

I can certainly relate to this!

Old Apr 29th 2011, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

I wonder at how people never realise that it's against their interests to sign up to an extended contract to get a 'cheap' phone.