Reload this Page >

Leaving UK Debt Unpaid - A Warning

Leaving UK Debt Unpaid - A Warning

Old Jul 22nd 2009, 9:57 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Leaving UK Debt Unpaid - A Warning

Originally Posted by Budawang
Ultimately the consumer (i.e. all of us) foots the bill for those people who don't pay their debts. The more people that do this, the more the banks will pay for their insurance and that cost will passed on to everyone.

It's not ethical to walk away from your debts, unless you really can't pay them back.
Well right now we are all bailing the banks out for their irresponsibility with OUR MONEY in the financial markets.

Ethics, right or wrong, are all moral judgements. Marrying 12 year old girls off is unspeakable in our culture however in other cultures it is accepted and expected.

Who's to say what right and wrong is.

Last edited by Deancm; Jul 22nd 2009 at 10:02 am.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 10:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Centurion
Except tow your car away if its not on finance.
Providing they know which car is yours AND have access to it. They cannot break into your garage to take it.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 10:47 am
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
Well right now we are all bailing the banks out for their irresponsibility with OUR MONEY in the financial markets.

Ethics, right or wrong, are all moral judgements. Marrying 12 year old girls off is unspeakable in our culture however in other cultures it is accepted and expected.

Who's to say what right and wrong is.
On the contrary it's very clear what is right and what is wrong. None are so blind as those that will not see.
Too put it simply ... if I bought your car and drove away in it without paying you, would you still have the attitude of "oh that's ok if you don't pay".

You seem to have quite strong opinions that irresponsibility of debt is quite ok. I can't imagine anyone would run to do business with you in any shape or form.

Last edited by Kalenge; Jul 22nd 2009 at 10:53 am.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 11:28 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Popcorn anyone?
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 11:44 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Originally Posted by paulry
Popcorn anyone?
Yes please, with butter!
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 11:46 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kalenge
On the contrary it's very clear what is right and what is wrong. None are so blind as those that will not see.
Too put it simply ... if I bought your car and drove away in it without paying you, would you still have the attitude of "oh that's ok if you don't pay".
Right or wrong is a philosophical debate based upon an idealistic idea.

You seem to have quite strong opinions that irresponsibility of debt is quite ok. I can't imagine anyone would run to do business with you in any shape or form.
Not at all. Methinks you are jumping to conclusions. Personally I couldn't give a toss either way. In saying that though I have no time for banks; they have gouged enough money out of me in the past. Put it this way, they wouldn't have a second thought of throwing you, me or anyone else out of their house if it meant thet would get next months mortgage payment.

I think you need to get off your moralistic high-horse. The world is not black and white.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 11:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kar-kier
Yes please, with butter!
Save some for me...
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 11:48 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kar-kier
Yes please, with butter!
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 12:00 pm
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute

Right or wrong is a philosophical debate based upon an idealistic idea.

Not at all. Methinks you are jumping to conclusions. Personally I couldn't give a toss either way. In saying that though I have no time for banks; they have gouged enough money out of me in the past. Put it this way, they wouldn't have a second thought of throwing you, me or anyone else out of their house if it meant thet would get next months mortgage payment.

I think you need to get off your moralistic high-horse. The world is not black and white.
Oh yes, wheel that old high horse out again.
Spare it .. you've consumed 50% of this thread already with your justifications. What goes around comes around.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kalenge
What goes around comes around.
If you believe in that you probably believe in God and fairies and Father Christmas as well.

Old Jul 22nd 2009, 12:05 pm
Banned

If you believe in that you probably believe in God and fairies and Father Christmas as well.

Yeah. "Life's a bitch ...and then you die" is closer to reality
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paulry
Yeah. "Life's a bitch ...and then you die" is closer to reality
I thought it was "Life's a bitch, then you marry one... Then you die"
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Can I have some sweet popcorn please?

On a serious note, it is my view that leaving your debts behind is morally wrong no matter what your circumstances. You agreed to pay back what ever the debt is and therefore should do everything you can to make sure you do.

Although I would add that each of our situations is unique to us and I don't think anyone can be judgemental if someone else choses to leave their debts behind. Each to their own and all that.

I for one will not be "bible bashing" anyone for leaving their debts behind. As long as I am happy with the way I behave, in my view that is all you need to be concerned with.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 12:11 pm
Banned

I thought it was "Life's a bitch, then you marry one... Then you die"
That's only if you are very unlucky
Attached Thumbnails Leaving UK Debt Unpaid - A Warning-file005.jpg  
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 12:13 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
Can I have some sweet popcorn please?

On a serious note, it is my view that leaving your debts behind is morally wrong no matter what your circumstances. You agreed to pay back what ever the debt is and therefore should do everything you can to make sure you do.

Although I would add that each of our situations is unique to us and I don't think anyone can be judgemental if someone else choses to leave their debts behind. Each to their own and all that.

I for one will not be "bible bashing" anyone for leaving their debts behind. As long as I am happy with the way I behave, in my view that is all you need to be concerned with.
Sorry, only the salty stuff is left for you

(I hate salty popcorn )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.