Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Leaving the UK and credit card debts behind?

Leaving the UK and credit card debts behind?

Old Sep 11th 2010, 9:53 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving the UK and credit card debts behind?

Old Sep 12th 2010, 4:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by itxrd
Deans got it spot on. As long as you're sure you're not going to go back and you wouldn't feel bad about it there's not much more to it
The problem is that nobody can be sure they are not going back. I speek from experience. When I left the UK 5 years ago I was literally convinsed that I would never set foot on British soil again. However for one reason or another I now find myself moving back to London for a few years.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 4:40 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by isgraham
The problem is that nobody can be sure they are not going back. I speek from experience. When I left the UK 5 years ago I was literally convinsed that I would never set foot on British soil again. However for one reason or another I now find myself moving back to London for a few years.
My condolences, I hope it passes quickly ... I would have to be put in an induced coma ...
Old Sep 12th 2010, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

denzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond repute

well I got rather screwed by my family that cost me 8k quid on the CC yet I was honest and chnaged my address to my Aussie one and finally got it paid off. I don't mind paying my debt off, and if you don't you're a tosser, but was rather peeved at having to pay others debt too.

Oh well, done now but that $10K I shouldn't have had to pay coulda been used on the extortionate airfares in Oz. Qantas is Australian for ******.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by isgraham
True
Old Sep 12th 2010, 9:40 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I'm getting a strange feeling of deja-vu
Old Sep 12th 2010, 9:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
Pizza? No olives though, can't be doing with them
Old Sep 12th 2010, 11:55 am
Account Closed

BristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud of

My two cents... There is a difference between can't pay back debt and won't pay back debt. Basically in my view if you won't your a w*nker, if you can't you shouldn't even be moving to the other side of the world.

Black and white - but who am I to tell someone how to live their life responsibly and morally, it's up to he/she to make that call.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 4:12 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Pizza? No olives though, can't be doing with them
Yuk, I hate olives!

If I bought an olive farm in Italy, with my credit card, and then moved to Italy but left my debt behind, would I be:

a) really clever
or
b) a wanker.

I think we should discuss this, as it hasn't been done for at least a week
Old Sep 12th 2010, 4:14 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yuk, I hate olives!

If I bought an olive farm in Italy, with my credit card, and then moved to Italy but left my debt behind, would I be:

a) really clever
or
b) a wanker.

I think we should discuss this, as it hasn't been done for at least a week
It would depend on whether you were going to send regular shipments of olives from Italy with which to clear the debt
Old Sep 12th 2010, 5:27 pm
Happy migrant

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It would depend on whether you were going to send regular shipments of olives from Italy with which to clear the debt
There's an idea. Do you think barclaycard would accept 5 boxes of olives as full and final payment?
Old Sep 12th 2010, 6:26 pm
Home and Happy

There's an idea. Do you think barclaycard would accept 5 boxes of olives as full and final payment?
Its worth a try Maybe if you put a nice bow on the box and sent a card as well?
Old Sep 12th 2010, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by mavine1
Hi all,
I spoke to a friend in Perth recently who told me how shocked she was at the number of people who had emigrated from the UK and had left their debts behind. They all assume that they'll never be found and would never have any repucussions. I have credit card debts and am intending on paying them off before we go with the money from the sale of our house....am I the stupid one? Please discuss.............
Even better clear you debys before coming to oz.
Then within a week of landing spend up to the max on your credit card in oz, buy a car on it, furnish the home etc.
Then call the CC company and tell them someone has been going wild on your CC in oz. Tell them your still in the UK. The will close the CC down and refund the money to your account meanwhile you keep all the goodies. Just dont use the CC again in oz :-)
Old Sep 13th 2010, 5:28 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by harrip
Personally I disagree. If someone has not got a moral compass to know the answer to this question, then there really is little hope for any of us.
lol...ahhh...morals...the scales of ethical justice!! Mine are better than yours (in my opinion) therefore I am better than you!

No one in this world is ever free from bad or incorrect moral decisions or thoughts!!! If you are, then I suggest you call St Peter and answer his advert in the Church Times for a new Angel!
Old Sep 13th 2010, 5:30 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by denzil73
well I got rather screwed by my family that cost me 8k quid on the CC yet I was honest and chnaged my address to my Aussie one and finally got it paid off. I don't mind paying my debt off, and if you don't you're a tosser, but was rather peeved at having to pay others debt too.

Oh well, done now but that $10K I shouldn't have had to pay coulda been used on the extortionate airfares in Oz. Qantas is Australian for ******.
oh dear!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.