British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Leaving this Thursday! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/leaving-thursday-304881/)

TOB May 24th 2005 9:46 am

Leaving this Thursday!

Hi,

After months of waiting my family and I are finally jetting off to Sydney this Thursday.

I was just wondering if there is anyone else flying out on Thursday evening from Heathrow?

TOB

louise4 May 24th 2005 9:56 am

Re: Leaving this Thursday!

Originally Posted by TOB
Hi,

After months of waiting my family and I are finally jetting off to Sydney this Thursday.

I was just wondering if there is anyone else flying out on Thursday evening from Heathrow?

TOB

Unfortunately we are not going on thursday, would like to say we were. But just want to wish you a safe and not too boring flight.

Hope all goes well.

Louise

TOB May 24th 2005 10:04 am

Thanks for your kind words Louise. Fingers crossed the children will behave themselves on the flight!

Originally Posted by louise4
Unfortunately we are not going on thursday, would like to say we were. But just want to wish you a safe and not too boring flight.

Hope all goes well.

Louise

louise4 May 24th 2005 10:06 am

Originally Posted by TOB
Thanks for your kind words Louise. Fingers crossed the children will behave themselves on the flight!

If they are anything like ours they will behave wonderfully on the plane :) and drive you mad the other end when your brains are frazzled :eek: . Much fun lol

Louise

molloymj May 24th 2005 10:12 am

Originally Posted by TOB
Hi,

TOB

Good luck TOB,

My girlfriend and I fly out to Sydney next Wednesday from Manchester.

All the best!!

TOB May 24th 2005 10:14 am

Just read your posting on the thread about returning to the UK. What part of Sydney did you settle?

Today I have real butterflies about whether we are doing the right thing but who knows until we try. I am dreading saying goodbye to our close family but am also excited about going. I have totally mixed emotions!!

When are you hoping to go back to Sydney?

Originally Posted by louise4
If they are anything like ours they will behave wonderfully on the plane :) and drive you mad the other end when your brains are frazzled :eek: . Much fun lol

Louise

lel_smiff May 24th 2005 11:06 am

Strange as it may be - I am also flying out of Heathrow to Sydney on Thursday!!! (after a connection flight from Manchester)

You did say in the evening though, and my flight is at 12.45 - so I guess we must be going by different operators.

(Mine's with Cathay, through Hong Kong)

Very best of luck - I'll only be a few hours ahead of you I reckon!

L

(Can't believe i'm doing this - I've only ever been on a plane once on my own before and that was Prague to Stanstead! What am I doing!?! argh!)

Goodwin May 24th 2005 11:47 am

Originally Posted by TOB
Hi,

TOB

Not leaving for Sydney just yet. Hoping to get visas very soon, just waiting for the grant anyday now! But will hopefully be moving out to Sydney at the beginning of November this year.
Please keep us all posted as to how you get along, would love to hear how it all goes.
Good Luck with your relocation and best wishes.

Shazrazmataz May 24th 2005 2:24 pm

Just like to give my best wishes, have a safe journey & enjoy :D

Chalkfarm May 25th 2005 12:08 am

Originally Posted by TOB
Hi,

TOB

In sydney already,but just wanted to wish you and your family a great trip.All the best Claire

LancashireLass May 25th 2005 12:15 am

Originally Posted by TOB
Hi,

TOB

I'm already in Sydney but hope you have a good flight.

Which part of Sydney are you settling in?