Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Leaving presents!

Leaving presents!

Old Oct 11th 2003, 12:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Leaving presents!

As a lot of us are currently having leaving parties, and saying our goodbyes, what is the weirdest leaving present you have been given from a job/family/friend?

You'll have to do well to beat mine...........keeping you in suspense till tomorrow to see what anyone else can come up with.......
Old Oct 11th 2003, 10:04 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

...so no-one has got any weird leaving presents yet then?

My mate at work is a devoted follower of the Seagulls (Brighton & Hove Albion) - he lives, breaths and sleeps Seagulls. As a leaving present he has presented me with his "lucky away boxer shorts" - worn to all away matches since god knows when! They are nicely framed, with a little inscription!!!
Question now is how to I tell The Bloke that I have been given a pair of used, framed, boxer shorts as a leaving gift.....!!! And will they get through Customs.....!!!

Old Oct 11th 2003, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
...so no-one has got any weird leaving presents yet then?

My mate at work is a devoted follower of the Seagulls (Brighton & Hove Albion) - he lives, breaths and sleeps Seagulls. As a leaving present he has presented me with his "lucky away boxer shorts" - worn to all away matches since god knows when! They are nicely framed, with a little inscription!!!
Question now is how to I tell The Bloke that I have been given a pair of used, framed, boxer shorts as a leaving gift.....!!! And will they get through Customs.....!!!

hehehehe hope he washes them!
Old Oct 11th 2003, 10:06 am
Home and Happy

Larissa - apparently if you wash them, it causes the luck in them to decrease.........I'm glad they are behind a glass frame!!!
Old Oct 11th 2003, 10:11 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell Polly, do you always attract the weirdos? :scared: LOL
Old Oct 11th 2003, 10:14 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Question now is how do I tell The Bloke that I have been given a pair of used, framed, boxer shorts as a leaving gift.....!!!
Good point - not quite sure how you would start that conversation LOL.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 10:26 am
Home and Happy

At least they've met, I guess thats something!!! So The Bloke already knows how crazy the other guy is!
Old Oct 11th 2003, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Not got any yet, but wow that is the strangest one.

We are giving people presents from us, I am buying my mum and Dad a teddy from the bear factory, the one you can record your voice on and dress in your own choice of outfit.

Not really expecting any presents as we 'd have to carry them x
Old Oct 11th 2003, 11:09 am
Home and Happy

Hiya Carrianne
I think someone at work had actually used their brains for once, as - apart form the underpants! - I got stuff like a necklace, and a CD, really easy to carry, but they had got stuff they knew I'd like. Very emotional night - it was good to have a pressie that gave something to laugh at!!!
Old Oct 11th 2003, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Pollyana,

I have been hinting saying well are pair of GHD straightners wouldn't go a miss

That's nice I am dreading my last day at work as I love my job and happy with the people I work with which is rare these days. So it will be emotional, then out for a big night out
Old Oct 11th 2003, 11:21 am
Home and Happy

Carrianne,
Exactly the same - I shall miss them all! Enjoy the job and the people - just hope I'm as happy in OZ with whatever job I get there!
Old Oct 11th 2003, 11:28 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

when I left work to go on my last globe trot (god, is it really 8 years since I was there!?) I was given about 4 sets of corks (but not a hat!) a large tube of foot balm, 3 bottles of sun block., a book of aussie slang and a voucher to buy a new rucksack in Army stores!!
nurses are so practical.....!

When a friend of mine emigrated a few years ago, my boyfriend at the time used to make jewellry, and he made her a silver bracelet with 2 hands and 2 globes on it, with a small tag that said 'friends stay friends whatever comes between them.' she was very moved, and I havnt heard from her since!!!!!

heres hoping you all get lovely pressies!!!!!

Sue
Old Oct 11th 2003, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I work with a good mate and when I left my last job she asked me what I wanted so she could go out and buy it for me- just the sort of pal I like! Also when I went on Maternity leave she asked me which shop I wanted the vouchers for.

She has since left where we used to work and works with me again- so I hope to get another great pressie, bought by her when I leave again
Trouble is what should I recommend to buy with the £2.50 collection?

Old Oct 11th 2003, 5:19 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Pol,

I got a box of chocs from the people at work, and an HMV voucher.

Boring compared to yours

Was thinking about it and would'nt mind if a girlie from work gave me her lucky nics as a leaving pres.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Hi All
Well our family decided to hold a party for us , and as it was 3 weeks before we were due to fly out and the container had left they decided they would hold a raffle and all the proceeds would be given to us so we could buy a BBq etc when we got here , nice thought we thought So we bought and donated 3 raffle prizes as it was for a good cause ( now all the families had this written on their invites ) as it happened to be pauls grandads 80th they decided to have a joint party this was after the invites had been given out my family. Evening was great , but wait for it 3 weeks passed and we never saw a penny , found out they had decided afterwards to use the proceeds of the raffle to pay for the whole party , grandads cake and all :scared: Luckily my family and a few of pauls had put money in cards for us , can you believe it Now pauls mum has moved to spain , makes you wonder how good the raffle proceeds actually where doesnt it
Joanne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.