Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Leaving party - why do we do it???

Leaving party - why do we do it???

Old Dec 30th 2005, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of
Default Leaving party - why do we do it???

Had our leaving party last night, it was bloody awful! Saying goodbye to over 70 friends and family was just too traumatic! I knew I would be upset but I wasn't expecting everyone else to be crying! Had to make a speech as well which was just me crying into the microphone for most of the time! Hubby (who has no fears at all) had written one which was funny and rhymed! He cant understand what all the fuss is about!

This morning I just feel flat and depressed and am blaming hubby for taking me half way round the world and leaving all my friends behind! Everyone wrote in a book and I've spent most of the morning reading it with a box of Kleenex! I look a right state!

Oh my God!!! One more sleep!! I'm going to live in Oz TOMORROW!!!!!
Old Dec 30th 2005, 1:52 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving party - why do we do it???

We didn't have a big do for that reason. We had a few smaller dos, which were hard enough
Old Dec 30th 2005, 1:55 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
Had our leaving party last night, it was bloody awful! Saying goodbye to over 70 friends and family was just too traumatic! I knew I would be upset but I wasn't expecting everyone else to be crying! Had to make a speech as well which was just me crying into the microphone for most of the time! Hubby (who has no fears at all) had written one which was funny and rhymed! He cant understand what all the fuss is about!

This morning I just feel flat and depressed and am blaming hubby for taking me half way round the world and leaving all my friends behind! Everyone wrote in a book and I've spent most of the morning reading it with a box of Kleenex! I look a right state!

why are you going
Old Dec 30th 2005, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TruBrit
why are you going
I can't remember now! Oh Shit!
Old Dec 30th 2005, 2:06 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck for tomorrow.
Have a safe flight.
Julie. x
Old Dec 30th 2005, 2:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Good Luck for tomorrow.
Have a safe flight.
Julie. x

Hey Julie from Epsom Surrey....any snow there?? We used to live in Ashtead and now have a place in East Horsley and that's home for me...lucky you, say hi to Epsom from me!
Old Dec 30th 2005, 2:16 pm
Account Closed

I can't remember now! Oh Shit!
Oh shit..big time lol hope it all turns out OK whatever the reasons, safe trip
Old Dec 30th 2005, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Leaving party - why do we do it???

I really feel for you on this one! I cry when I even think about having our leaving party. Still not sure if I could go through with one. Bet you won't be sleeping much tonite!
Have a safe flight and best of luck for the future. Let us know how you get on from the other side....
jox
Old Dec 30th 2005, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Have a safe trip.

Wendy x
Old Dec 30th 2005, 4:23 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Hey Julie from Epsom Surrey....any snow there?? We used to live in Ashtead and now have a place in East Horsley and that's home for me...lucky you, say hi to Epsom from me!
Hey you.....we know E.Horsley very well....we are in Ockham.....will say Hi to it next time we nip up to 'Bludgeons' for a pint of milk
Old Dec 30th 2005, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

DOH! why did I read this post??? Good Luck with the move, it will be great when you get there. My family is planning a big leaving do for us on 11th Feb, not long now, we move out of our pad in 2 weeks ARGHHHH! sh*tting myself now.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 4:57 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
Hey you.....we know E.Horsley very well....we are in Ockham.....will say Hi to it next time we nip up to 'Bludgeons' for a pint of milk

lol yep it's my first stop to get a pint of milk and loaf of bread when we get over...say hi to Le Meridiana for me ..ahhh tks hey any snow there?
Old Dec 30th 2005, 5:06 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

lol yep it's my first stop to get a pint of milk and loaf of bread when we get over...say hi to Le Meridiana for me ..ahhh tks hey any snow there?
Had a small flurry day before yesterday....gone now though, just rain, rain, rain!
Have a look here for a pic of it!
Old Dec 30th 2005, 5:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
Had a small flurry day before yesterday....gone now though, just rain, rain, rain!
Have a look here for a pic of it!

Ohhh it looks sooo pretty....wish I woz there...just enough snow, don't want too much ...tks
Old Dec 30th 2005, 5:55 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy and all the best.

Cheers

Ginny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.