leaving party

Old Apr 30th 2007, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice
Default leaving party

hi how many of you have leaving partys.It can work out so expensive ,but thought this was a good way of saying goodbye to everyone.Has any body got any horror stories on prices ?xx
Old Apr 30th 2007, 3:29 pm
LIVING THE DREAM!!!!!!!!!

Cameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: leaving party

Originally Posted by tony s
hi how many of you have leaving partys.It can work out so expensive ,but thought this was a good way of saying goodbye to everyone.Has any body got any horror stories on prices ?xx
we have the same dilemma as yours - so will watch this thread with interest! Just got our visa's today and loads of folk have asked us that and we don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 30th 2007, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

congratulations we got ours last tuesdayxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Apr 30th 2007, 4:12 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Since summer is approaching and we are leaving in june we have decided to keep costs down by havin a garden party from 2 in the afternoon. It will be more like a street part tho as I'm gona get a bouncy castle to keep the kids amused even the big kids . Everyone will bring a bottle and a plate of nibbles. The party will end when everybody has had enough not when the venue hired dictates.

Congrats on the visas and enjoy your parties.

P.S. after my birthday party last year was extortionate I know how prices escalate:

Venue cost £150!! DJ £75!! Cake £55!! M&S Food £300 and then you have the cost of decorating with balloons etc.......costs a fortune. Money could be better spent.

Andreaxx

Last edited by acbh2; Apr 30th 2007 at 4:29 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

hope it goes well.how many have you got goingxx
Old Apr 30th 2007, 4:26 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

hope it goes well.how many have you got goingxx
Prob about 100 including about 20 coming up from manchester and sleeping over Gona have all my possessions shipped out before and pray the sun shines.

The idea is though that some of my pals who work weekend days will come in the evening and the others who will be on night shift will drop in during the day

invites will read 'pop' round for an hour or two between 2-? so will hopefully not have everyone there all at once only my die hard friends and family.

Will let you know if it works or not
Old Apr 30th 2007, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

good luckxx
Old Apr 30th 2007, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

M_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really nice

Or you could do what we're doing and get married. It's one way of getting everyone in the same place that's for sure!

(Wedding was booked and planned before we got visas granted BTW!)
Old Apr 30th 2007, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

We found the perfect solution, visa came through this morning & flights were booked by Midday for next Tuesday, so no chance of even considering anything more arranged than a session down the pub with mates & a barbie with family. There you go, problem solved
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M_and_J
Or you could do what we're doing and get married. It's one way of getting everyone in the same place that's for sure!

(Wedding was booked and planned before we got visas granted BTW!)

We did that - in one way it wa s great, but on the other hand there was something bitterswet about the day. And I have never been to a wedding with so many tears!
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

jonallcock is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Have your leaving party a couple of days before you leave ,get everthing over and done with and piss off straight away

We had our leaving do Two weeks ago and are still going out for a final meals,drinks,lunches,etc,etc costing me a bleeding fortune!!!!!!!!!!!!

we leave on Wednesday

Jon
Old May 1st 2007, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

We started planning one so we could just say goodbye to everyone in one go -- but then nearly everyone said to us -- yeah we'll come to that but can we make arrangements to see you another time as well so we just gave up on the idea -- we'd hoped it would just save us weekends but it was going to take alot of time, organisation and cash so we just blew the whole idea out of the water. What we did do was to tell everyone that we'd be in a certain pub one Sunday lunchtime and had a low key get together -- that was really nice.....and meant everyone bought their own drinks, food etc.
Old May 1st 2007, 5:00 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we had a leaving party we hired out the function hall in the local pub with this they layed on a free buffet which was lovely as people kept complimenting my buffet i didn't correct them, all we payed was 150 pounds for the dj 30 pound deposit for the hall so not much at all and family decorated the hall for us.

It was a very sad night though i was in tears all night but glad we had one the hardest part was when the DJ put on the land of down under and everyone picked us up my 70 year old granda ran out crying at this point really sad welling up thinking about it, but it was nice to say goodbye to everyone.

kezx
Old May 1st 2007, 5:02 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jonallcock
Hi

Have your leaving party a couple of days before you leave ,get everthing over and done with and piss off straight away

We had our leaving do Two weeks ago and are still going out for a final meals,drinks,lunches,etc,etc costing me a bleeding fortune!!!!!!!!!!!!

we leave on Wednesday

Jon
We had ours on the saturday and left tuesday it was alot better.
Old May 1st 2007, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

its a nightmare especially when youve got a split family and my mum and dad want to kill each other. Thats one thing i wont miss having to alternate birthdays christmass etcxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.