Leaving Party

Old Feb 24th 2003, 7:27 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Leaving Party

Well, it's getting close now, 6 days to go.

We had our leaving party at the local social club yesterday and over 100 turned up to see us of. Or mainly to make sure we never come back I reckon. Everyone brought food and there was karaoke. I kicked off proceeding with a rendition of my theme song - Born to be Wild. I've got a bit of a hangover this morning, I must have had about 7 or 8 pints of Harveys.

That's one thing I will miss about the UK, Harveys. That, my friends and family and all the music & extreme sports channels on Sky.

Fortunately sold the 4x4 a couple of days ago, unfortunately, just as the exchange rate dropped Still I did manage to get a few grand over at about 2.79 two weeks ago.

Everything at home is in boxes, removalists coming Wed and Thur. Still don't have tennants for the house but I'm not to worried about that.

Got the mobile unlocked (£10) got our medical records (£50), I've been pressure washing our bikes, windsurfers and garden toys in the freezing cold.

Looks like we will arrive in Perth about a week before the war which is a relief and am wondering if the plane might be half full (hoping).

The boy has a place at Ocean Reef school which is great and he cant wait to make new friends.

Rgds,

Dan & Cheryl (Daniel, Eleanor & Madeleine)
Old Feb 24th 2003, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough
Smile

And why weren't we all invited????

Glad you had a good party, can't decide whether to have one or not. Last big party we had ended up frustrated as you never get to see everyone for long enough and felt we'd neglected some people (too drunk to make our way round the room I suppose!!). Was it very emotional or more fun?
Did the kids have their friends too?

6 days and counting - best of luck!!

Loopy
Old Feb 24th 2003, 8:32 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

hi renth,
glad you had a good party.
can i ask you why you had to pay £50 for your medical records?..did they give you the whole file or just a print out patient summary?..interested because i asked for a patient summary last week and got them all free!!!!!
Old Feb 24th 2003, 9:25 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Loopy
And why weren't we all invited????

Glad you had a good party, can't decide whether to have one or not. Last big party we had ended up frustrated as you never get to see everyone for long enough and felt we'd neglected some people (too drunk to make our way round the room I suppose!!). Was it very emotional or more fun?
Did the kids have their friends too?

6 days and counting - best of luck!!

Loopy
There were a few tears from my wife and her friends. There were loads of kids from the village, friends from school and playgroup.

I hope people didn't feel neglected but it is a bit hard to spread yourself around.

Dan

6 DAYS TO GO!!!
Old Feb 24th 2003, 9:28 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by yvsie
hi renth,
glad you had a good party.
can i ask you why you had to pay £50 for your medical records?..did they give you the whole file or just a print out patient summary?..interested because i asked for a patient summary last week and got them all free!!!!!
They photocopied all our records (5 of us). I was worried they were going to ask for £50 each, in which case I would have said forget it but still figured £50 was a bit steep for stuff that we are probably entitled to through Data Protection. Still, it's done now.

Dan

6 DAYS TO GO!!!
Old Feb 24th 2003, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point

We had our leaving party yesterday too but no hangover for me- 6 mths til drinking can recommence!!!!

We leave on the 28th and arrive Perth on the 6th. Also hoping to avoid the onset of war.

Good luck Renth and see ya there!!

Nic, Dean and Kaelan
x
Old Feb 24th 2003, 6:24 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by Grub
We had our leaving party yesterday too but no hangover for me- 6 mths til drinking can recommence!!!!

We leave on the 28th and arrive Perth on the 6th. Also hoping to avoid the onset of war.

Good luck Renth and see ya there!!

Nic, Dean and Kaelan
x
We're arriving Perth the 6th too, what flight are you on?

Dan