Reload this Page >

leaving parties/invites etc

leaving parties/invites etc

Old May 31st 2004, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default leaving parties/invites etc

Hello everyone
hope that you've had a great bank holiday despite the weather (again)!!!
i've been thinking about our leaving do that we hope to have at the end of the summer but cant find any appropriate invitations! Tried making my own but they look cack!!!!
does anyone know of anywhere in Dorset/Hampshire that i could get Australian type invites/banners from?
thanks guys
Rach x
Old May 31st 2004, 6:02 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: leaving parties/invites etc

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Hello everyone
i've been thinking about our leaving do that we hope to have at the end of the summer but cant find any appropriate invitations! Tried making my own but they look cack!!!!
does anyone know of anywhere in Dorset/Hampshire that i could get Australian type invites/banners from?
thanks guys
Rach x

What do you mean, the weather?? It was beautiful here today, we had a carboot sale this morning and both my dad and I were sporting tan marks by midday

Dont know your area that well, but have you tried doing a search online; google and ask always seem to work well for me!
Old May 31st 2004, 6:16 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Hello everyone
thanks guys
Rach x

why dont ya try the oz shop in london rach where i got me flag n napkins from

love boom
xx
Old May 31st 2004, 7:35 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya Rach,
The weather was great in Manchester and the midlands this weekend and today. Did you get lots of rain? Not sure about invites etc, maybe a printers shop maybe more helpful.

Sarah
Old May 31st 2004, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone
Tried making my own but they look cack!!!!

Rach x
Do they really look that bad? I love homemade cards and make most of mine... you could try doing them on the 'puter, or just do the writing? Maybe your daughter could help out, that way everyone will love them!?
Old May 31st 2004, 10:57 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

I designed mine on the computer and had a koala with an aussie flag in his hand. It looked great. I emailed out the ones I could far quicker and easier than posting and then posted the ones out that didn't have a computer. There are some great clip art stuff about.

Enjoy the party mine seems a blurr now but it was a great night.

Jo
Old Jun 1st 2004, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Larissa

Originally posted by Larissa
Do they really look that bad? I love homemade cards and make most of mine... you could try doing them on the 'puter, or just do the writing? Maybe your daughter could help out, that way everyone will love them!?

Thanks Larissa,
will give it a go! Chanelle's birthday is just before we go, so she's been busy designing limo trip invites!
thanks again
Rach x
Old Jun 1st 2004, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Jo

Thanks mate
will give it a go!
hugs
Rach xxx
Old Jun 1st 2004, 5:00 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Clip Art is ok, but go look round the web and choose a picture you like - especially the flag sites. Use your colour printer if you have one and you can print off a flag, fold it and write the invite inside!

Use a colour print shop for double sided copies cause this will be cheaper than using your ink!

easy? And like the others have said - personal home made invites mean a whole lot more - for those invites you do not use, glue them to sting....and you have a flag banner!

Make every other one on your banner a picture of your family?

Have fun
Old Jun 1st 2004, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Sandra

Thanks Sandra
nice idea,
hugs
Rach x
Old Jun 1st 2004, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

karen p is an unknown quantity at this point

I found this website for flags/bunting etc

Party Packs website

As for the invites, my daughters each made their own for
their friends using the computer and then I made mine using
images from Google. Luckily Steve (my husband) could then
photo copy them at work.

Good luck with it all. Unfortunately we didn't have much
choice as to the date when we had ours as the venue was
fully booked, apart from 5th June. As this is the weekend at the
end of half term a lot of people haven't been able to come as
they've gone away for half term. The chap at the venue said you
can count on 10% of those you invite not coming, ours was more
like 40%!!!!

Anyway I am looking forward to it as a lot of friends who we've
not seen for years are coming.

Anyway I'm sure we;ll have a great time, crying allowing!!

Karen.
Old Jun 1st 2004, 5:39 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sandra

Thanks Sandra
nice idea,
hugs
Rach x
This idea is going to sound completely mad - but I did it for a birthday!

We got a couple packs of cocktail sticks and glue and a few sheets of little double flags printed up (yes I know you can buy them - but this is more fun for kids, fold them over and stick!) but the kids spent ages preparing the little flags (and enjoyed it) and hid them all over the place and we sent the children off to find them!

The one who came back with the most got a prize, prize could be........for your relatives in the UK....

(1) 1 nights babysitting from you, when they pay to visit you in Aus
(2) 2 nights babysitting from you, when they pay to visit you in Aus
(3) You cook all night on the BBQ when winner visits you in Aus

etc etc

think about it you could hold a raffle, with the winner being drawn from the lucky personal number you wrote on their invite! If they do not bring their invites with them you could sell tickets for a raffle - If nothing more the raffle proceeds could go towards the next round of drinks!

On this site we must be able to think up a few good raffle prizes

(1) you get to clean my fridge/freezer I am leaving
(2) you get to clean the items I need to get past Aus customs, eg my Dyson!
(3) you get to bring no luggage to Aus on your first visit cause I need your allowance to bring what I forgot or miss and crave, eg M&S knickers!

Gosh I wish I was having another leaving party!

Yes I am sad!
Old Jun 1st 2004, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Larissa

Well, heres ya answer Rach.....larissa can start her own little empire, (in between looking after the kids, getting the house ready for the market and arranging the pompey meets!!!)