Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Leaving do over and almost time to say goodbye

Leaving do over and almost time to say goodbye

Old Aug 27th 2006, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Leaving do over and almost time to say goodbye

Hi everyone
I had my leaving do last night, said goodbye to all of my friends, some of whom I won't see for a long time. It was a very emotional evening, I had to have a couple of beers before I could leave the house as I was so nervous ...well thats my excuse anyway
The evening went well, and friends that had never met each other got on really well and forged new friendships in the process. I couldn't help but get a little sad as people were arranging to meet up, go out, do things together and I knew I would no longer be part of it.
Pickfords are coming on Tuesday, the house is a mess and has an empty, unhomely feel to it now. The completion date for the house is next Friday so that's when we have to move out, a week before we actually fly to Oz. This means we are effectively homeless for a week and dossing at peoples houses.
Can anyone really tell you how emotional it gets towards the end? I don't think anyone can warn you how stressful and gut wrenching the decision to leave everything you know behind is.
Are we doing the right thing? I have asked that question so many times and deep down I know I am. For everyone going through the same thing and those about to, the very best of luck.
And for those of you that know me, heres a v funny (VERY DRUNKEN) pic of me from last night. Don't you just love the custom made hat I had to wear all evening?
With a mixture of happiness and sadness,desperation and panic :scared:
Kelly x
Attached Thumbnails Leaving do over and almost time to say goodbye-copy-p1010015.jpg  
Old Aug 27th 2006, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving do over and almost time to say goodbye

Originally Posted by kellyjs
Hi everyone
I had my leaving do last night, said goodbye to all of my friends, some of whom I won't see for a long time. It was a very emotional evening, I had to have a couple of beers before I could leave the house as I was so nervous ...well thats my excuse anyway
The evening went well, and friends that had never met each other got on really well and forged new friendships in the process. I couldn't help but get a little sad as people were arranging to meet up, go out, do things together and I knew I would no longer be part of it.
Pickfords are coming on Tuesday, the house is a mess and has an empty, unhomely feel to it now. The completion date for the house is next Friday so that's when we have to move out, a week before we actually fly to Oz. This means we are effectively homeless for a week and dossing at peoples houses.
Can anyone really tell you how emotional it gets towards the end? I don't think anyone can warn you how stressful and gut wrenching the decision to leave everything you know behind is.
Are we doing the right thing? I have asked that question so many times and deep down I know I am. For everyone going through the same thing and those about to, the very best of luck.
And for those of you that know me, heres a v funny (VERY DRUNKEN) pic of me from last night. Don't you just love the custom made hat I had to wear all evening?
Kelly x
Loving the hat Kelly. Pleased you had a good night. It will be all worth it when next week comes. Good luck
Lynne
Old Aug 27th 2006, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of

Oh good luck Kelly!!! Love the picture

I can't beleive how quickly things are moving for you, just seems like yesterday you were panicking over the offer on the house!

Before you know it you will be over the other side of the world having a ball!!!!

Please keep in touch
Old Aug 27th 2006, 6:36 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Kelly and the girls - hopefully we are not far behind you, just waiting to exchange now:scared:
Old Aug 27th 2006, 7:10 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

We had the packers (John Masons ... BRILL) in last week and fly in 2 weeks.

I'm with you - SCARED!
Old Aug 27th 2006, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Way to go girl, like the hat!

Good luck

Mick n Claire
Old Aug 27th 2006, 9:09 pm
Here at last

Crazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of light

Best of luck, its good to go out with a big bang. Have a great life down under

Old Aug 28th 2006, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

jossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nice
Smile Re: Leaving do over and almost time to say goodbye

Best of Luck with everything, have a great summer

Jossy
Old Aug 28th 2006, 6:57 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kellyjs
Hi everyone
Kelly x
Hi Kelly,
the leaving bit and all the goodbyes are hard, and emotionally draining!! I had to end up getting something from the docs to help me calm down a bit cause i was getting myself into a state!! but once we said our final goodbyes, and we were in the cab on our way to the airport, i felt like a massive weight had been lifted from my shoulders, and i breathed a huge sigh of relief when i got on the plane!!
You'll be fine honest, its normal to wonder if you are doing the right thing, everyones done it!!
Good Luck, and looking forward to your posts when you get here letting us know how you are getting on

p.s love the hat
Old Aug 28th 2006, 8:27 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

The leaving party is a very important part of leaving the UK. We had ours two weeks before we left and we had a fab night. Good luck with the packers and your journey!! All the best!

Lorraine
Old Aug 28th 2006, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Good luck with it all....................and have a safe trip!
Old Aug 28th 2006, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Jim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really nice

Hi Kelly,

I know exactly how you feel! We packed up everything last Thursday for shipping and are now at my parents until we fly out a week today.

Altho' I think I've kind of shut off a bit, ie am taking a day at a time as my brain's been overloaded these past few months!

We've rented out our house and the new tenants are already in (saw them unpacking when I went back for my potted plants) and it was really weird as I didn't actually feel a pang that they were in my house!

Am shifting at the moment between small bursts of excitement over what we're doing, to the other end of the scale...... OH MY GOD... what the hell are we doing?!?!?!?

Hope all works out for you in your new life.

Susan
Old Aug 28th 2006, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Just enjoy the whole freaky journey! (If it is awful over there come back...) Like you I have had those 4am waking moments of " wtf are we doing?!". But next day I am bouncing off the walls desperate to go, go ,go and begin a marvellous adventure. Once there I reckon we will be saying " why didnt we do this years ago".
Old Aug 28th 2006, 9:18 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

You will be fine. Enjoy and look to the future.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 9:19 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you enjoyed your night . Have a safe journey and have a great new life on the other side

Loz x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.