lEAVING

Old Jun 14th 2007, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice
Default lEAVING

hI HAS ANYONE EVER LEFT FOR OZ LEAVING THE ESTATE AGENTS TO SELL THE HOUSE.dOES ANYONE THINK THIS IS POSSIBLE OR A GOOD IDEAXX
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:26 pm

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: lEAVING

Hi,

Never done it myself but with the lines of communication it's possible eh? If you can afford to do it then why not?

You could be in the same country but too far to oversee the sale closely so I wouldn't have thought it would be any different really.

I reckon as long as you have a good friend or rellie to deal with anything that crops up, then yes why not, I say!

Good Luck with your choices!

Carmel
Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

jules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud of

We might be in this position ourselves. OH spoke to ea and they said it shouldn't be a problem we just have to give the solicitor power of attorney. They complete all the paperwork so no need to return home.

It sounds simple enough but if we had at least exchanged (or indeed had a buyer) I'd be happier

Hope this helps a bit

Jules
Old Jun 14th 2007, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

thanks im so upset and confusedxx
Old Jun 14th 2007, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

The Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tony s
hI HAS ANYONE EVER LEFT FOR OZ LEAVING THE ESTATE AGENTS TO SELL THE HOUSE.dOES ANYONE THINK THIS IS POSSIBLE OR A GOOD IDEAXX
Hiya
Our house was still on the market when we left.
We gave power of attorney to a family member who we knew we could trust.
Everything went pretty smoothly and the house sold a few mths after we arrived in oz.
Sue
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:33 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tony

Yes we did this, but only because we knew we had a good EA. We gave power of atorney to the solicitor who was handling everything for us. Once we had a buyer, they sent us a few forms which we filled in and sent back then they handled the rest.

We asked for a weekly update, which they gave us. We told them when we would like completion by and they did that too.

We did it this way cos I wanted to get the eldest into y12 at the start of the school year and there was no way of telling how long it would take to get the house sold. We got the visa last june and the house in uk completed this may, we would have had to validate by Apr anyway, so we took a gamble and came out in Nov. We were lucky that we had some cash from endowments that we were able to use to pay the mortgage there, and set up here (rent, cars, etc)

For us it paid off, and if you can afford to do it and think it will work out then I would go for it. If by any chance you don't like it and it doesn't work and the house isn't sold then you still have it to go back to.

Good luck with whatever you decide, and I remember the worry of deciding what to do for the best.

Shirley
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks lovey,its just the money side.Also im not good with stress it takes over i would rather shut myself in my room till we sold.How sad is thatxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

rob&kim is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we were in Oz when we sold our house. The agents were okay. It was a bit hard to not be at the house when potential buyers came along, as I always wanted to ensure that the house looked its best. The Transfer Deed was sent over to us for us to sign and we returned it to our solicitor - no problems - no power of attorney required either. It was easy. The only down side as I said previously was that I am confident I could have gotten more for our house had I been in UK to present it for selling. You never quite know whether to accept an offer or not as you can't see the agent's face when he is speaking to you - that sort of thing. Anyway I'm babbling now! Good luck with the sale.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks did it take lond to sell?Did you take much money with you to tie you over?xx
Old Jun 15th 2007, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

rob&kim is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks did it take lond to sell?Did you take much money with you to tie you over?xx
It took about 2 months. We had a bit of money, but as we had to secure a $100,000 bond in Australia for a year, we knew we had that money until our house sold. When are you moving to OZ?
Old Jun 15th 2007, 7:30 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Yep i did it... But really only after I had a buyer lined up, a solictor organized, parents to the PoA and then only after i felt it was pretty much on its way to being sorted. But it was before exchange of contracts. Very easy if you feel confident with the people left behind.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

We were suppossed to be flying out on the 10th of july weve got party booked for the 7th what a nightmarexx
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:27 am

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

Tony s

It's all about taking chances sometimes isn't it, sometimes it's best to just go with the flow. I'm terrible the big things don't phase me, It should be the other way round!

As from the posts others have tried it, but whats good for one person and all that.......

The decision to move overseas has been the biggest decision and chance you will take. When you decide to move comes after that until it hits you on the nose! Hopefully it all fits into place. Keep a level head

Good luck

Carmel
Old Jun 15th 2007, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanksxx
Old Jun 15th 2007, 3:35 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Yes we did. We half owned a house with our daughter in Wales. We were already in Dubai but she was offered a job here and came out after 3 months & decided to stay. We all went back found a solicitor had 3 evaluations done and instructed an Estate Agent to sell it.

The agents checked the house once a week for us and all communication was done by e-mail and courier. We didn't have any problems at all.

Ensure that your solicitor transfers any funds to your eventual bank account in OZ or anywhere else otherwise you are restricted to the £10,000 per day money laundring problem. As an accredited legal institution solicitors can do that. We didn't do that when I inherited my father's house and sold it and had problems transfering the funds from our UK account to an Offshore one due to the limitation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.