Reload this Page >

Leasing A New Car In Brisbane

Leasing A New Car In Brisbane

Old Mar 15th 2007, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

Dave-Mandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leasing A New Car In Brisbane

Hi,
We are still new to the site and not sure if this one has been covered or not.
Does anyone have any information on the rough costs of leasing a new car(average size,nothing fancy) in the Brisbane area.
Are the terms similar to the U.K. with 3 months payment up front and do they do 12/24/36 month agreements.
What about credit references when you first arrive,can you get a company to lease a car to you when you have no credit history in Australia.
We have been leasing in the UK for a number of years,with an excellent payment record,would this help.
Any additional info on insurance costs would help also.
Thanks to all
Dave
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:33 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leasing A New Car In Brisbane

Originally Posted by Dave-Mandy
Hi,
Does anyone have any information on the rough costs of leasing a new car(average size,nothing fancy) in the Brisbane area.
Are the terms similar to the U.K. with 3 months payment up front and do they do 12/24/36 month agreements.
What about credit references when you first arrive,can you get a company to lease a car to you when you have no credit history in Australia.
We have been leasing in the UK for a number of years,with an excellent payment record,would this help.
Thanks to all
Dave
Leasing a car here is a pain - It all has to be tied in with your employer in waht is called a Novated lease. It's all a big tax lark really, and it will depend on whether your company is willing to offer it as a perk or not. It's not the same as in the UK where you can just lease a car from a lease company as a private individual, paying the monthly fee, and then just hand the keys back when you fancy a change.

Many of the schemes are aimed towards you actually owning the car at the end, like some kind of glorified hire purchase agreement, with a large baloon payment at the end.

I was fully planning to lease a car here, but my company don't offer it as a perk, so effectively I can't. there is no facility for private, non business car leasing here.

HTH.

S
Old Mar 15th 2007, 11:23 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leasing A New Car In Brisbane

Originally Posted by Dave-Mandy
Hi,
Thanks to all
Dave
I used to lease in the Uk and got a new car every year. Also the tax breaks were great. Unfortunately it's not like that here. Leasing is minefield and different accountants have given me conflicting info on the tax implications. I don't think it's worth the hassle and expense.