Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Leasing car for one year?

Leasing car for one year?

Old Dec 7th 2010, 7:13 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all
Default Leasing car for one year?

Hi all,

Coming down under for a year - hiring a car is very expensive (obviously!). I've looked into novated lease with my company but all the allowable vehicles are expensive gas guzzlers. Is it possible to lease a vehicle for a year (as you can in the UK)? I can't find anyone to do it. Most repolies I've had are along the lines of "Aus is very different, not as sophisticated finance avaiable....therefore no....".

Anyone know if it can be done -if so through whom?

If it helps looking at Holdne Captiva....

Cheers!
S.Dog.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leasing car for one year?

Just buy a car then sell it after say 11 months. I'm sure that'll Work out cheaper as long as you have the funds initially?
Old Dec 7th 2010, 10:49 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sniffydog
Hi all,

Coming down under for a year - hiring a car is very expensive (obviously!). I've looked into novated lease with my company but all the allowable vehicles are expensive gas guzzlers. Is it possible to lease a vehicle for a year (as you can in the UK)? I can't find anyone to do it. Most repolies I've had are along the lines of "Aus is very different, not as sophisticated finance avaiable....therefore no....".

Anyone know if it can be done -if so through whom?

If it helps looking at Holdne Captiva....

Cheers!
S.Dog.
I doubt that you could do that here. I miss this from the UK. Last car I leased in the UK was a fully loaded Scenic for GBP99/month for a year - and it was fully tax deductible. Bargain.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 11:36 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I doubt that you could do that here. I miss this from the UK. Last car I leased in the UK was a fully loaded Scenic for GBP99/month for a year - and it was fully tax deductible. Bargain.

Check out these guys:

http://www.1300carlease.com.au/

They have a range of leasing options available - much more flexible than when I first started looking for a car.

Maybe they have a similar deal, though I notice the Operating Lease is from 24 - 48 months, so probably no good to the OP.

I too miss car leasing in the UK style. It was a very cost effective way of running a car.

S