Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lease Car Rough Monthly Costs on Novated Lease

Lease Car Rough Monthly Costs on Novated Lease

Old Oct 15th 2006, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

jamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the rough
Default Lease Car Rough Monthly Costs on Novated Lease

Hi

Doing ours sums at the moment and trying to figure out the rough monthly lease costs for a typical family car/mpv say $40,000 new on a novated lease

Any experiences?

Many thanks for any help

James
Old Oct 15th 2006, 9:06 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lease Car Rough Monthly Costs on Novated Lease

Originally Posted by jamesegrant
Hi

Doing ours sums at the moment and trying to figure out the rough monthly lease costs for a typical family car/mpv say $40,000 new on a novated lease

Any experiences?

Many thanks for any help

James
Are you leasing through a business?
Old Oct 15th 2006, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

jamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the roughjamesegrant is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Are you leasing through a business?
Hi

Yes, this would be through a company salary sacrifice scheme
Old Oct 15th 2006, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Any experiences?

Many thanks for any help

James

Hi James

My company car is a novated lease and I had to get 2 quotes the best was Commonwealth Bank; value of car $31480, lease per month $630.59.

My BIL car is about $72000 and he pays about $1500.00 per month

I hope these help out as a rough guide.

John
Old Oct 15th 2006, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jond
Hi James

My company car is a novated lease and I had to get 2 quotes the best was Commonwealth Bank; value of car $31480, lease per month $630.59.

My BIL car is about $72000 and he pays about $1500.00 per month

I hope these help out as a rough guide.

John
Thanks John, very helpful
Old Oct 16th 2006, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

coggerocks2 will become famous soon enough

Don't forget to factor in the FBT...and if you don't drive your KM's you could be hit with a bill so make sure you no the brackets!

S
Old Oct 16th 2006, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

annn has a spectacular aura aboutannn has a spectacular aura aboutannn has a spectacular aura about

Hi

Any experiences?

Many thanks for any help

James

Hi James,

Try this http://www.fleetaustralia.com.au/fin.../operating.htm and go to calculators

annn
Old Oct 16th 2006, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

coggerocks2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by annn
Hi James,

Try this http://www.fleetaustralia.com.au/fin.../operating.htm and go to calculators

annn
Or the same here: http://www.leaseplan.com.au/

Of course a novated lease will require there to be a three way agrement between your employer, you and the lease company so you will probably be limited as to who you can use.

Also the ECM (post tax payment to ofset FBT) method can be used to reduce your tax liability.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the help .. I should be getting a password in a couple of days for the company scheme to get a quote

Cheers

James