British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Leaky Hotpoint Aquarius (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/leaky-hotpoint-aquarius-254718/)

rumbletum Sep 15th 2004 2:50 am

Leaky Hotpoint Aquarius

Got a problem with my Hotpoint Aquarius front loader washing machine which I brought over from the UK. Got a leak from under the drum at the front but cant see any tears in the seal. I need someone to come out and look who is familiar with European front loaders as many of the mechanics around here wont do Hotpoint :( Or I can just keep mopping the floor :) I live in the Northern Beaches at Curl Curl.... Any help greatly appreciated :D

gedge Sep 15th 2004 3:05 am

Re: Leaky Hotpoint Aquarius

You could try Paul Whitfield Plumbing 02 9939 4884.
Local company recently came to fix a leaky tap.
Spoke to Cynthia (owners wife??) and she was a pom. Maybe he is too.
Long shot, but it might work.

rumbletum Sep 15th 2004 3:19 am

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
You could try Paul Whitfield Plumbing 02 9939 4884.
Local company recently came to fix a leaky tap.
Spoke to Cynthia (owners wife??) and she was a pom. Maybe he is too.
Long shot, but it might work.

Thanks for that, might give them a go :)

scoobydoo Sep 15th 2004 3:25 am

Originally Posted by rumbletum
Thanks for that, might give them a go :)

Good luck with that....mine died on me on Monday( not the same make but a european one). I ended up having to unblock the "self-cleaning" pump.....full of washing and water.....I was in a right mess!!!! :eek:

It turned out to be loads of british coins, half a bra strap, bits of plastic and fluff!!!! Took me 3 hours but worked it out and its working!!! :D

gedge Sep 15th 2004 5:05 am

Originally Posted by rumbletum
Got a problem with my Hotpoint Aquarius front loader washing machine which I brought over from the UK. Got a leak from under the drum at the front but cant see any tears in the seal. I need someone to come out and look who is familiar with European front loaders as many of the mechanics around here wont do Hotpoint :( Or I can just keep mopping the floor :) I live in the Northern Beaches at Curl Curl.... Any help greatly appreciated :D

You could always turn it in to a top loader. Lay it down on it's back and see if that stops the leak?
Maybe that should be on the "Top Tips" thread?

rumbletum Sep 15th 2004 6:03 am

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
You could always turn it in to a top loader. Lay it down on it's back and see if that stops the leak?
Maybe that should be on the "Top Tips" thread?

LOL :D