Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Layover between flights in Hong Kong

Layover between flights in Hong Kong

Old Apr 7th 2009, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Idlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really nice
Default Layover between flights in Hong Kong

Hi all,

Well the flights are booked (and now I'm supposed to sit quietly here at work for the rest of the day). We fly London to HK, then HK to Perth and then onto our new life.

Due to the flight times, we land in HK at 4.05pm local time, depart for Perth 11.35pm. Can anybody advise would it be worth leaving hand luggage etc at Hk and jumping into town for a few hours or any general pointer for a layover time of 7 hrs between flights? Last time we flew through Singapore and had a layover time of 2 hours so we just stayed at airport.

Cheers,

Terry
Old Apr 7th 2009, 9:33 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Layover between flights in Hong Kong

Originally Posted by Idlewood
Hi all,

Well the flights are booked (and now I'm supposed to sit quietly here at work for the rest of the day). We fly London to HK, then HK to Perth and then onto our new life.

Due to the flight times, we land in HK at 4.05pm local time, depart for Perth 11.35pm. Can anybody advise would it be worth leaving hand luggage etc at Hk and jumping into town for a few hours or any general pointer for a layover time of 7 hrs between flights? Last time we flew through Singapore and had a layover time of 2 hours so we just stayed at airport.

Cheers,

Terry
we had nine hours in HK (with two toddlers) and really couldn't muster the energy to leave the airport. I should add that it is a very large airport with lots and lots of shops etc
Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:14 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Layover between flights in Hong Kong

If you are flying economy then might I suggest using the Premium Plaza Business lounge which you pay for on arrival. Showers, food, drinks, decent seats, TV, internet etc. Its about $30-$50 AU per person depending on how long you stay. http://www.plaza-ppl.com/hk_en/lounge.php

Beats being unwashed and tired on the floor of an airport terminal. Sadly there is no transit hotel at HK airport.