Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

laying pavers round pool - any recommendations Brisbane

laying pavers round pool - any recommendations Brisbane

Old Aug 13th 2006, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Default laying pavers round pool - any recommendations Brisbane

After my recent sucess of finding a a electrician on here when I could not find a decent one in the Bayside Brisane area I have decided to ask if anyone knows a decent paver for laying concrete pavers around my pool .

I can find a few in the local paper but to be honest I am usure of who to use as I don't want to hire someone and they balls it up so personal experince stories would be good

Hope someone can help
Old Aug 13th 2006, 6:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: laying pavers round pool - any recommendations Brisbane

Originally Posted by tabby
After my recent sucess of finding a a electrician on here when I could not find a decent one in the Bayside Brisane area I have decided to ask if anyone knows a decent paver for laying concrete pavers around my pool .

I can find a few in the local paper but to be honest I am usure of who to use as I don't want to hire someone and they balls it up so personal experince stories would be good

Hope someone can help
Hubby has just come in from a full second day of slab laying, still got a good couple of days work to finish ours, looking good but damned hard work. Go to your nearest good landscape suppliers and they will have names of good reliable people. It's not worth their while suggesting people who will let them down.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 8:21 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

If you want a word of advice - don't lay pavers!

We were the only owners of 41 villas who didn't have pavers round their pools: we specified textured concrete. Every single one of the others had ongoing trouble with the pavoirs: lifting, ant attacks, weeds, sunken areas as well as the usual unevenness problems.

Every four or so years we merely had to fill the odd hairline crack and re-paint the concrete with rollers: a pleasant morning's work and the place looked sparkling new.

You probably won't welcome the comment though!
Old Aug 13th 2006, 9:06 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wol

We were the only owners of 41 villas who didn't have pavers round their pools: we specified textured concrete. Every single one of the others had ongoing trouble with the pavoirs: lifting, ant attacks, weeds, sunken areas as well as the usual unevenness problems.

Every four or so years we merely had to fill the odd hairline crack and re-paint the concrete with rollers: a pleasant morning's work and the place looked sparkling new.

Here Here to that!!!

Makes sense methinks!
Old Aug 13th 2006, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wol

Or lay a reinforced concrete slab first and then pave over the top.

Subsidence/settlement around pools can be a PITB.

WW
Old Aug 13th 2006, 11:58 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Or lay a reinforced concrete slab first and then pave over the top.

Subsidence/settlement around pools can be a PITB.

WW
That's another way. In fact it's what we've specified for our new place: the suspended concrete floor to the courtyard will be graded for a fall and then paving slabs fixed to it with Selley's "Landscape" mastic made just for this scenario.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 8:21 am
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tabby

Hope someone can help
Just has our pool paved last week, we used "We are Landscapes" their website addy is - [email protected]. We are really pleased with the result. Got me worried now though, I`ll be looking out for problems!

Tracey x

Last edited by Hilton`s; Aug 16th 2006 at 8:22 am. Reason: spelling!
Old Aug 16th 2006, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hilton`s
Just hasd our pool paved last week, we used "We are Landscapes" their website addy is - [email protected]. We are really pleased with the result. Gor me worried now though, I`ll be looking out for problems!

Tracey z
Thanks