Laundry

Old May 19th 2005, 10:59 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Laundry

Originally Posted by fireeater
It's truly amazing what you know

I don't suppose you have any figures for top-loaders...
If you insist

The best top loader washing powders on the market and what they cost per wash, according to Choice magazine, are as follows.

Best performance for top loaders
Omo High Performance concentrate at 51 cents per wash was the best performer.
Omo Aloe Vera at 66 cents per wash did a good job
Duo Concentrate at 32 cents per wash rounded out the best performers.
All these products rated above 92 per cent in terms of performance and all contain enzymes.

Best buys for top loaders users on a budget
Bi-Lo Laundry Powder topped the list, a little more expensive at 17 cents per wash.
Next Duo Concentrate at 32 cents per wash.
Surf Ocean Fresh at 33 cents per wash.

Old May 19th 2005, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

I am most impressed by the concept of laundry rooms which most Aus houses are equipped with.
There have been numerous threads about washing machines, so I don't want to get into that, but has anyone noticed any difference in the quality of washing powders. We use Surf but would be willing to try others. We are happy with the quality of the wash it provides.
And then there's fabric conditioners. We're currently using a refill pack of Fluffy Jasmine, which isn't bad but isn't special either.

Any thoughts?

You have way too much time on your hands!!!!!
Old May 19th 2005, 11:04 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
do they not use washing machines in Canada?
Old May 19th 2005, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by walla1
do they not use washing machines in Canada?
No, we take our laundry down to the river and wash it on a rock! We haven't evolved to having electricity yet!
Old May 19th 2005, 11:07 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

No, we take our laundry down to the river and wash it on a rock! We haven't evolved to having electricity yet!
amazing, truely amazing, you see what one can learn on a thread so mundane?

Hi S btw
Old May 19th 2005, 11:08 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
If you insist

The best top loader washing powders on the market and what they cost per wash, according to Choice magazine, are as follows.

Best performance for top loaders
Omo High Performance concentrate at 51 cents per wash was the best performer.
Omo Aloe Vera at 66 cents per wash did a good job
Duo Concentrate at 32 cents per wash rounded out the best performers.
All these products rated above 92 per cent in terms of performance and all contain enzymes.

Best buys for top loaders users on a budget
Bi-Lo Laundry Powder topped the list, a little more expensive at 17 cents per wash.
Next Duo Concentrate at 32 cents per wash.
Surf Ocean Fresh at 33 cents per wash.
Incredible Karma your way in a bit, but i'm all out for a couple of hours.

I'll check out some of the performance powders tomorrow just to see how much more expensive they are, and probably try one just to see if they're that much better.
Old May 19th 2005, 11:09 am
Keeping it fairly real

Incredible Karma your way in a bit, but i'm all out for a couple of hours.

I'll check out some of the performance powders tomorrow just to see how much more expensive they are, and probably try one just to see if they're that much better.
your real name is Carl?

Hi Carl my real name is walla
Old May 19th 2005, 11:12 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Hands that do dishes should be soft.....
Old May 19th 2005, 11:13 am
ABCDiamond

Incredible
I even amaze myself at times with what I can remember. My wife just can't understand why I cant remember more important things like; anniversaries etc Or even just remembering to Hang the Washing out !!!

Old May 19th 2005, 11:15 am

your real name is Carl?

Hi Carl my real name is walla
Hi walla

Noticed you mentioned type of water in your earlier post. What exactly were you talking about, and where in Aus exactly?
Old May 19th 2005, 11:16 am
Keeping it fairly real

I even amaze myself at times with what I can remember. My wife just can't understand why I cant remember more important things like; anniversaries etc Or even just remembering to Hang the Washing out !!!
that's a good point ABC.

who uses a rotary line and who uses a static one?

I can't use either at the mo as my dog is a puppy and he rips all the clothes off the line. LOL
Old May 19th 2005, 11:16 am

Which is another advantage of living in Aus....you CAN actually hang your washing out most of the year....which reminds me, I've got some out that I've forgot to bring in
Old May 19th 2005, 11:19 am
Keeping it fairly real

Hi walla

Noticed you mentioned type of water in your earlier post. What exactly were you talking about, and where in Aus exactly?
I'm in Perth, Western Australia, do you know it?

the water here (when we get it) is rather soft, not hard like back in the UK, you could almost describe it as quite feminine.

are you still in the UK or do you live in Australia?

btw, we've had loads of rain the past few days, check out the storms in photopost, I wonder what kind of efect all that water will have on my laundry?
Old May 19th 2005, 11:22 am

I'm in Perth, Western Australia, do you know it?

the water here (when we get it) is rather soft, not hard like back in the UK, you could almost describe it as quite feminine.

are you still in the UK or do you live in Australia?

btw, we've had loads of rain the past few days, check out the storms in photopost, I wonder what kind of efect all that water will have on my laundry?
I'm in Melbourne but haven't been here that long so I'm not sure on the hardness of the water. There doesn't seem to be too much calcification in our kettle, though, although that is probably a subject for another thread
Old May 19th 2005, 11:24 am
Keeping it fairly real

I'm in Melbourne but haven't been here that long so I'm not sure on the hardness of the water. There doesn't seem to be too much calcification in our kettle, though, although that is probably a subject for another thread
calcification? what's that all about?

oh, and welcome to the land down under.LOL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.