Laundry

Old May 19th 2005, 10:25 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice
Default Laundry

I am most impressed by the concept of laundry rooms which most Aus houses are equipped with.
There have been numerous threads about washing machines, so I don't want to get into that, but has anyone noticed any difference in the quality of washing powders. We use Surf but would be willing to try others. We are happy with the quality of the wash it provides.
And then there's fabric conditioners. We're currently using a refill pack of Fluffy Jasmine, which isn't bad but isn't special either.

Any thoughts?
Old May 19th 2005, 10:28 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Laundry

Originally Posted by fireeater
I am most impressed by the concept of laundry rooms which most Aus houses are equipped with.
There have been numerous threads about washing machines, so I don't want to get into that, but has anyone noticed any difference in the quality of washing powders. We use Surf but would be willing to try others. We are happy with the quality of the wash it provides.
And then there's fabric conditioners. We're currently using a refill pack of Fluffy Jasmine, which isn't bad but isn't special either.

Any thoughts?
I'm glad someone has brought a thread up about this so thankyou fireeater (is that your real name?)

We use Surf too, it works especially well with the water we have in Perth.

I would like a debate about washing machines thou, you know front loaders v top loaders.

Did you know one can get a government rebate of 150 bucks if one buys a front loader because they are more economical?
Old May 19th 2005, 10:30 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Any thoughts?
No powder (bad habit to break) but a cup and a half of "Cuddly" and "Love n Care" keeps the pants supple.
Old May 19th 2005, 10:33 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Any thoughts?
I noticed when we were in Queensland that most people use cold water detergents for their wash..... is this the case Australia wide?
Old May 19th 2005, 10:37 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
I noticed when we were in Queensland that most people use cold water detergents for their wash..... is this the case Australia wide?
Surf is designed for cold water but it says on the box it can be used at any temperature. It seems efficient at warm washes but not convinced totally about the hot washes.
Old May 19th 2005, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough

laundry yes, we are just renovating a house to move into, I keep referring to the "utility room" to the workmen they have no idea what I am talking about !!
We have a front loader but havent heard of a rebate.

I'm using OMO, seems OK, but I soak the baby bibs and most whited actually in a bucket of napisan first (vanish) this gets them clean if you soak for 2 days !!!

I still wash on a hot cycle, just how do cold washes kill bugs? I always understood bedding / towels should be washed at 90? or is this an old wives tale?
Old May 19th 2005, 10:38 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by walla1
Did you know one can get a government rebate of 150 bucks if one buys a front loader because they are more economical?
Not in every State unfortunately

Old May 19th 2005, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by walla1
I'm glad someone has brought a thread up about this so thankyou fireeater (is that your real name?)

We use Surf too, it works especially well with the water we have in Perth.

I would like a debate about washing machines thou, you know front loaders v top loaders.

Didn't know about the front-loader rebate. But seeing Surf is designed for top-loaders it is why we use it.

Carl
Old May 19th 2005, 10:45 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
From memory it seemed to be more common years ago, but it is beginning to change, much to the disagreement of some though I imagine;
Washing clothes in cold water generates less than one-fifth the greenhouse gases of washing in hot water.
http://www.greenhouse.gov.au/educati...ts/coolit.html

Old May 19th 2005, 10:51 am
ABCDiamond

I saw something on Washing Powders on TV the other day, so i've been looking for it, and the answers are:

Best performance for front loaders
Omo Matic at 59 cents per wash.
Dynamo Matic at 51 cents per wash
Duo Matic Concentrate at 35 cents per wash.
These products rated over 91 per cent for performance and all contained stain-lifting enzymes.

Best buys for front loader users on a budget
Bi-Lo Laundry powder is hard to beat at only 8 cents per wash.
No Frills Premium Laundry at 21 cents per wash is a good purchase
Radiant Ultra Concentrate Cold was also found to get your clothes clean for 21 cents per wash.
All these products scored higher than 91 per cent for performance.

http://seven.com.au/todaytonight/inf...0_frontloaders

Old May 19th 2005, 10:54 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Any thoughts?

I'm going to be in melbourne next week Carl so if I drop my washing off at yours can you get it all ironed by thursday?
Old May 19th 2005, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I saw something on Washing Powders on TV the other day, so i've been looking for it, and the answers are:

These products rated over 91 per cent for performance and all contained stain-lifting enzymes.

Radiant Ultra Concentrate Cold was also found to get your clothes clean for 21 cents per wash.

It's truly amazing what you know

I don't suppose you have any figures for top-loaders...
Old May 19th 2005, 10:55 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Didn't know about the front-loader rebate. But seeing Surf is designed for top-loaders it is why we use it.

Carl

I use Spree lemon fresh jumbo box from the cash and carry, and cuddly softner for the top loaders which I use for the backpackers bedding which is all done on hot wash. dont like the idea of a cold wash.

For my washing I use my new front loader with omo matic liquid (there is a very very limited choice for front loaders), and I spoil myself and use comfort silk for the fabric softner, it is a between $1 and $1.50 more than the cuddly but it smells lovely.

on the back of the Surf box it recomends using Omo matic or Persil low suds for front loaders but I cant find it anywhere. I think it is printed there just to make us poms search for it.

Omo matic makes your clothes smell nice but dont sniff the actual bottle cos it smells like rotten fish and really puts you off.

Ok off to play with my washing machine now, honestly never thought I could have feelings for a washing machine but after 7 hellish months with nothing but 3 toploaders I am very close to my frontloader, I make everyone smell my washing and even have a chair set up in the laundry so I can have an evening fag whilst watching it clean my clothes. It's better than Eastenders.
Kala
Old May 19th 2005, 10:56 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

well done ABC, karma your way for more excellent info
Old May 19th 2005, 10:58 am
Keeping it fairly real

Not in every State unfortunately
Really? Oh, well I suppose WA is a very dry state.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.